The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Variations Listed

4 posters

Go down

Variations Listed Empty Variations Listed

Post  Milwaukee T Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:12 am

You have so much great research done here including so many variations of colours and styles. Some state a patch used for certain dates. Not many describe when a red helmet might have been used rather than the white one. Will something like that be added as well or will that have to wait while you put the game to game data together?
Milwaukee T
Milwaukee T

Back to top Go down

Variations Listed Empty Re: Variations Listed

Post  Bill Schaefer Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:37 am

When Tim did the original research before we even "met," he just want to get all of the possible combinations down. Now that we've done that (for the most part) we will soon be working on the game to game combinations. I've already completed 1983-2010 myself. Rob has installed most, if not all, of the 2010 weeklies. We are taking our time with these due to the avalanche of changes we've been making since opening for business. Every single change between 1983-2010 requires me to go back and not only alter the yearly image of that team but also usually 16 weekly images as well. For instance, when we needed to change the Eagles collar script logo for 1996-2002, not only did I change each combo for those 7 yearly images but also the 16+ (including playoffs) weekly contests as well making a total of over 112 changes made for 1 simple modification. That's why I get so much happier when we have a change to make that occurs prior to 1983!
Bill Schaefer
Bill Schaefer

Back to top Go down

Post  The Jeff Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:37 am

Bill Schaefer wrote:When Tim did the original research before we even "met," he just want to get all of the possible combinations down. Now that we've done that (for the most part) we will soon be working on the game to game combinations. I've already completed 1983-2010 myself. Rob has installed most, if not all, of the 2010 weeklies. We are taking our time with these due to the avalanche of changes we've been making since opening for business. Every single change between 1983-2010 requires me to go back and not only alter the yearly image of that team but also usually 16 weekly images as well. For instance, when we needed to change the Eagles collar script logo for 1996-2002, not only did I change each combo for those 7 yearly images but also the 16+ (including playoffs) weekly contests as well making a total of over 112 changes made for 1 simple modification. That's why I get so much happier when we have a change to make that occurs prior to 1983!

There has got to be a better way to do that than having 16 (or more) images for each team's season. Just a thought here... instead of using one image per week, use 2 images (one for each team) and then separate text for the results.

Let's say a team had 3 uniform combos in a given year - A, B & C. You make 3 images, one for each uniform... then you just plug in the appropriate image for each week. Then if you do have to change something, it's only 1 image to fix, not a whole batch of them.

Not to mention that this would allow image recycling. A team who hasn't had a lot of uniform changes could use the same image for multiple seasons. You've got, what, 10 years of the "modern" template? So for the Raiders, that's somewhere around 80 images with a black jersey for the weekly pages vs 1 "A" image for the entire period.
The Jeff
The Jeff

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:38 am

We've discussed displaying the weekly images as two separate images and then we'd have to only have change one when there is a change, and use the same one (for example 1983 Raiders Black) for a whole season, but Bill is against that because they never seem to line up right, they'd always be "a pixel or two off" I believe he said....

We may revisit that concept at a later time, I don't know....
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum