The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steelers preseason 1964

2 posters

Go down

Steelers preseason 1964 Empty Steelers preseason 1964

Post  Mako Mameli Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:43 am

2 interesting things in this photo of Ben McGee (preseason 1964 in Canton?)

Steelers preseason 1964 $(KGrHqR,!lYE3HV!zMo1BOI7jZnLfQ~~0_3

Pant stripes: the yellow stripe is thicker than the one you have in the database

old and new: look the slleve of the player in foreground

Mako Mameli

Back to top Go down

Steelers preseason 1964 Empty Re: Steelers preseason 1964

Post  Bill Schaefer Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:38 am

As Tim is the Steelers guy in these parts, I'll defer to him but...

the jersey - we indicate that the diamond sleeve jersey was "worn in Preseason only" so that's OK. The other jersey was their regular season jersey so we don't need an indicator like "Also worn in Preseason" b/c then we'd need that to put that on just about every current jersey. I think our status with the jerseys is OK.

the pants - I'm not sure on. I think I'd be more concerned if 'diamond-sleeve' guy in the foreground had the same pattern going on but it appears that he has the normal BYB equal striping. I want to say that its being stretched like the current Giants' pants get stretched but I don't think this is the case. I'd be interested to see more pics of this season to see if it was only isolated to Mr. McGee or others had it too.

Bill
Bill Schaefer
Bill Schaefer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mako Mameli Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Bill Schaefer wrote:the jersey - we indicate that the diamond sleeve jersey was "worn in Preseason only" so that's OK. The other jersey was their regular season jersey so we don't need an indicator like "Also worn in Preseason" b/c then we'd need that to put that on just about every current jersey. I think our status with the jerseys is OK.
YES, I meant it as a "post your oddities" kind of thing

Bill Schaefer wrote:the pants - I'm not sure on. I think I'd be more concerned if 'diamond-sleeve' guy in the foreground had the same pattern going on but it appears that he has the normal BYB equal striping. I want to say that its being stretched like the current Giants' pants get stretched but I don't think this is the case. I'd be interested to see more pics of this season to see if it was only isolated to Mr. McGee or others had it too.
It seems to me they're not of equal size. I'm looking for other photos of that period in my hard drive and I'll post them as soon as possible

Mako Mameli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down