The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Additional info would be nice

3 posters

Go down

Additional info would be nice Empty Additional info would be nice

Post  SM74 Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:49 am

I would be really helpful to somehow indicate which uniform was "home" or "away" (or otherwise "primary" and "alternate") each year. Or how many times it was worn. For example, as I am looking at the 1994 Cowboys unis, I have no idea whether the blue-sleeve jersey replaced the regular white during the course of the season or was just used as an alternate once or twice.
It's even worse for those 1930s uniforms, as most people have no idea which one is supposed to be primary.
And with the multiple options being used today, it gets more and more confusing. Some stats on how frequently (and where, home or road) each uniform was used would clear things up a great deal.

SM74

Back to top Go down

Additional info would be nice Empty Re: Additional info would be nice

Post  timmyb Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:43 pm

Good suggestions.

However, the only years we can definitely tell you what was "home" and "away" would be from 1957 thru 1963. The NFL actually had in the rules that a white jersey had to be worn on the road and the dark jersey had to be worn at home. For the AFL, ALL regular and postseason games required a white jersey worn away and the color jersey worn at home.

As our ultimate goal will be to document the uniforms worn for each team for every game played since 1933, you will be able to find that information. We do not have a timetable for that.

Until then, we can at least let you know when every team wore white at home since 1957. You can find then on the "research" tab and click on the "White at Home in the NFL" text. You can find a listing by team or by year (going back to 1964). If you click on a year, you will be taken to a google doc specific to that year.

But as for the specific year, such as the crazy quilt Bengals for 2005 when eight combos were worn, we are definitely working on it. Again, speaking for my fellow GUD admins, I cannot make any promises as to when this info will be up, but we will be on it.

We certainly appreciate your input and interest in the GUD, SM74!!

timmyb

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Schaefer Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:36 pm

I would also like to add that, currently, we know EXACTLY which combos were worn for every game between 1982-current, 1958-69 (AFL & NFL - except for the 1960 AFL due to exact unknown dates as to when each team seperately added NOBs to their jerseys), and most of 1950-57 minus only a handful of games each season (but we are VERY close to perfecting this era for ALL games). The 1970s are a little tricky with teams like the Eagles wearing 2 styles of jerseys during the 76-78 seasons. We can't simply say they wore green at home for a game. We need to know WHICH green they wore at home which makes things much more difficult.

The biggest problem, as with any project of this size, is finding the time to get everything loaded into the site. It WILL happen. It's only a matter of time.
Bill Schaefer
Bill Schaefer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down