The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Butt stripes. I can't seem to google exactly what those were for, what were they for?

2 posters

Go down

Butt stripes. I can't seem to google exactly what those were for, what were they for? Empty Butt stripes. I can't seem to google exactly what those were for, what were they for?

Post  ram29jackson Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:30 pm

Sorry, might be dumb to you, and I'm sure I asked here before but don't remember.

What's the deal with butt stripes, dude?

ram29jackson

Back to top Go down

Butt stripes. I can't seem to google exactly what those were for, what were they for? Empty Re: Butt stripes. I can't seem to google exactly what those were for, what were they for?

Post  timmyb Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:50 pm

As far as we can tell, they were a piece of elastic that made the pants more form fitting. Prior to the butt stripe pants, the pants were made of canvas and were not as form fitting. Some teams apparently decided to use the elastic as a fashion statement. That's the best we can come up with. Butt stripes. I can't seem to google exactly what those were for, what were they for? 1f60a

timmyb

ram29jackson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Butt stripes. I can't seem to google exactly what those were for, what were they for? Empty Re: Butt stripes. I can't seem to google exactly what those were for, what were they for?

Post  ram29jackson Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:16 am

timmyb wrote:As far as we can tell, they were a piece of elastic that made the pants more form fitting. Prior to the butt stripe pants, the pants were made of canvas and were not as form fitting. Some teams apparently decided to use the elastic as a fashion statement. That's the best we can come up with.  Butt stripes. I can't seem to google exactly what those were for, what were they for? 1f60a

You don't think it was... reinforcement stitching or something?

ram29jackson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down