The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020-21 Maple Leaf Cup & Champions League teams

3 posters

Go down

2020-21 Maple Leaf Cup & Champions League teams Empty 2020-21 Maple Leaf Cup & Champions League teams

Post  Rob Holecko Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:57 pm

The UWFFL has announced that the 2020-21 Maple Leaf Cup will be contested among just two teams, the sole Canadian teams at the highest flight of simulation play, to compete for this coveted prize, the GSL's Toronto Terror and the UWFFL Premier League's Vancouver Seawolves.  The game will be Wednesday night, August 4 at 7:00 PM Pacific (10:00 PM Eastern) in Vancouver.  Vancouver will be the host and home team & the game will be simulated under the UWFFL simulation rules.

This will be the third Maple Leaf Cup since the formation of the UWFFL in 2013.  The first year had a singular game called the "Maple Leaf Bowl" in November 2013 and the Montreal Machine defeated Vancouver 75 to 57.  The second competition in the 2014-15 season was an eight team tournament, the first to be called the Maple Leaf Cup, that culminated with the British Columbia Lumberjacks defeating the Calgary Alpines 72 to 44 in the final on May 11, 2015.

The Maple Leaf Cup will return in 2021-22 as a full competition featuring all of the Simulation Leagues' Canadian based teams.

The winner of Wednesday's game will get a spot in the 2021 Champions League, which will begin with group play on Sunday, August 8.

The eight teams that will compete in the 2021 Champions League will be drawn into two groups on Friday August 5.  The teams that have qualified so far are: 1. Anchorage Orcas (Defending Champions' League Champion), 2. Little Rock Diamondbacks (as UWFFL Bowl XVI runners-up, they receive the UWFFL Champions' spot as Anchorage already qualified), 3. Gridiron Bowl I winner (Norfolk or Arizona), 4. Pennsylvania Keystones (2021 GSL Regular Season Champion), 5. New York Sharks (Reigning La Lega Champions - 2014-15 season, as La Lega did not compete in 2020-21), 6. Continental Bowl I winner (Miami or Tampa), 7. Florida Geckos (UWFFL Division II Champion), 8. Maple Leaf Cup winner.  Teams from the same league, i.e. Little Rock/Anchorage & Pennsylvania/Gridiron Bowl Winner, will be placed in opposite groups, to the extent that is possible, as the Maple Leaf winner will be a third team from either the GSL or UWFFL Premier.  Teams will play three games in Group play on August 8, 15 and 22.  Semifinals will be on Sunday August 29, the runners-up of each group will face the winners of the opposite group, and the Championship will be the following Sunday, September 5.

Last edited by Rob Holecko on Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Did time zone conversion backwards.. 10 PM Eastern, not 4 PM!)
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

92Mafia and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

2020-21 Maple Leaf Cup & Champions League teams Empty Re: 2020-21 Maple Leaf Cup & Champions League teams

Post  Rob Holecko Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:34 pm

Note: The UWFFL Division II Champion spot that qualified Florida for the Champions League is a one time qualifer for this year only. In 2022, the 2021 Union Cup Champion will get that spot in the Champions League.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

2020-21 Maple Leaf Cup & Champions League teams Empty Toronto Terror - Maple Leaf Cup special

Post  Curtis Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:48 pm

Hello Terror fans,

For this crucial game , with a spot in the coveted Champions League on the line, the Terror are releasing their one off special Maple Leaf Cup Canada uni. The modified helmet logo also gives Terror fans a sneak preview of what to expect for the upcoming GSL season., with a full redesign for fans coming later.

This special set features :
- Canada flag patch to the rt chest, GSl logo patch to the left chest.
- CP maple leaf to the left helmet area representing the CP ownership group. This will hopefully become a trademark for the CP teams ( yes I know I have a lot Mr Holecko )

2020-21 Maple Leaf Cup & Champions League teams Terror12
Curtis
Curtis

Rob Holecko, Austin Snelick, 92Mafia, sfcom1 and Patrick Davis like this post

Back to top Go down

2020-21 Maple Leaf Cup & Champions League teams Empty Re: 2020-21 Maple Leaf Cup & Champions League teams

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:53 am

Curtis wrote:Hello Terror fans,

For this crucial game , with a spot in the coveted Champions League on the line, the Terror are releasing their one off special Maple Leaf Cup Canada uni. The modified helmet logo also gives Terror fans a sneak preview of what to expect for the upcoming GSL season., with a full redesign for fans coming later.

- CP maple leaf to the left helmet area representing the CP ownership group. This will hopefully become a trademark for the CP teams ( yes I know I have a lot Mr Holecko )

Awesome design! Those sleeve caps are pretty neat
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

92Mafia, sfcom1, Curtis and Drew Abernathy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Curtis Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:17 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
Curtis wrote:Hello Terror fans,

Awesome design! Those sleeve caps are pretty neat

Thank you !!!
Curtis
Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down