The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offseason Competitions Coming Up

Go down

Offseason Competitions Coming Up Empty Offseason Competitions Coming Up

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:42 pm

There will be a few competitions that will run during this offseason, for something GSL related to do while most teams are waiting for 2022.
Here is a rough schedule of which competitions are planned, and when they are planned to occur (as of now).

2022 GSL All-Star Game Logo Competition
Starts: September 1, 2021
Ends: September 30, 2021
Notes: The game will be held where ever the winning logo decides it will be held. More info on eligible cities when I post the competition.

2022 GSL Memorial Day Classic Logo Competition
Starts: October 1, 2021
Ends: October 31, 2021
Notes: The 2022 GSL Memorial Day Classic will be hosted by the Washington Stars at FedEx Field in Landover, MD. Opponent yet to be determined.

2022 Redemption Game Logo Competition
Starts: November 1, 2021
Ends: November 30, 2021
Notes: The game will be held where ever the winning logo decides it will be held. More info on eligible cities when I post the competition.

2022 GSL All-Star Game Uniform Competition
Starts: December 1, 2021
Ends: December 31, 2021
Notes: None right now

Each competition will run for a full month, so that should give plenty of time for everyone to participate. Plus, I've given out the whole rough schedule for competitions, so I'm not stopping anyone from getting a head start.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

92Mafia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Offseason Competitions Coming Up Empty Re: Offseason Competitions Coming Up

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:57 pm

I was discussing with Curtis yesterday about allowing joint submissions for future logo contests, as a way for those who don't have the same graphic design history, or capabilities yet as others, to be able to get their logo ideas fully realized.
Given how the Boston Bobcats thread is going, we've seen how a good initial idea can be amplified with better design techniques.

So, starting with the Memorial Day Classic logo competition, I will allow joint submissions, if anyone is interested in doing that.
Now, with a joint submissions, here's what I would allow. Say, you submit your own design alone, and then, someone asks you for help on their design, that is perfectly acceptable, as long as you are following the design vision of the person asking for help.

How's this sound?
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

rbronish, NeauXone, Untitled0717 and 92Mafia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:17 pm

I also want to note this as well, because I was asked this, if you came up with a design last year that you liked, that didn't win, you CAN repurpose it for this year, or future years.
We had some close competitions last year, and I expect the same this year, so if you made a logo you really liked, and want to resubmit it, or parts of it, or update it, that will be allowed.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down