The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dallas Regulators Thread

4 posters

Go down

Dallas Regulators Thread Empty Dallas Regulators Thread

Post  Zycho32 Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:12 pm

REGULATORS!!! MOUNT UP!!!

Dallas Regulators Thread HZqO5NC

Yeah, yeah, just the Color Pallette right now. Still working on all the rest.
Zycho32
Zycho32

Austin Snelick, 92Mafia, Patrick Barnes, Rafael Menoncin and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Dallas Regulators Thread Empty Re: Dallas Regulators Thread

Post  NeauXone Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:22 pm

Zycho32 wrote:REGULATORS!!! MOUNT UP!!!

It was a clear black night...

I'm excited to see what designs you'll have in the near future. The color scheme is a good start and a change of pace from what you usually see in Dallas.
NeauXone
NeauXone

92Mafia and Patrick Barnes like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:10 am

Zycho32 wrote:REGULATORS!!! MOUNT UP!!!

May just be a color pallet, but these colors stand out from the rest of the league, so that's exciting in its own.
I believe I owe you some field templates. I'll send over the Cotton Bowl, AT&T Stadium, and Globe Life Park at some point today.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

92Mafia, Patrick Barnes and Rafael Menoncin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Zycho32 Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:16 am

Dallas Regulators Thread BaZe9bQ

As awful as it sounds, I've been struggling all this time creating a woodmark, and this isn't even the finished product. I've included what I'm planning to put inside the words next to them, and since I'm trying not to showcase visible pixels, you can imagine the attention to detail I have to focus on. I'll even add drop shadows later once I'm done with the inner works.

By the by, the font used is Regulators- no joke. Two versions, regular and outline. I had to use the outline to get that gold borderline just within the regular letters, but surprise surprise it was never an easy fit. MORE attention to detail. (Please don't squint too closely).
Zycho32
Zycho32

Austin Snelick, NeauXone and Patrick Barnes like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:42 pm

Zycho32 wrote:Dallas Regulators Thread BaZe9bQ

As awful as it sounds, I've been struggling all this time creating a woodmark, and this isn't even the finished product. I've included what I'm planning to put inside the words next to them, and since I'm trying not to showcase visible pixels, you can imagine the attention to detail I have to focus on. I'll even add drop shadows later once I'm done with the inner works.

By the by, the font used is Regulators- no joke. Two versions, regular and outline. I had to use the outline to get that gold borderline just within the regular letters, but surprise surprise it was never an easy fit. MORE attention to detail. (Please don't squint too closely).

Excited to see how this turns out. What tool are you working with? If you need something more powerful, I, or others can help you scale up images. I can tell you, at least with my experience with GIMP, adding outlines is pretty easy, and there's a pretty simple way in MS Paint to add the striping inside the letters.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Zycho32 Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:56 am

Austin Snelick wrote:
Excited to see how this turns out. What tool are you working with? If you need something more powerful, I, or others can help you scale up images. I can tell you, at least with my experience with GIMP, adding outlines is pretty easy, and there's a pretty simple way in MS Paint to add the striping inside the letters.

MS Paint, all the way. Only thing I can adequately do with GIMP is exchanging colors.
Zycho32
Zycho32

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:31 pm

Jason,

Is this what you had in mind?

Dallas Regulators Thread Path8811
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:46 am

rbronish wrote:Jason,

Is this what you had in mind?

Dallas Regulators Thread Path8811

I think you've got the letters too thick compared to what he had before.
Dallas Regulators Thread KR0azvf

Full sized image here: https://i.imgur.com/gkmzGjW.png
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Zycho32 Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:21 pm

You guys got very very close. Like 98% close.

Dallas Regulators Thread LONz43C
Zycho32
Zycho32

Austin Snelick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Zycho32 wrote:You guys got very very close. Like 98% close.

Nice. Gotta say, your version does look better.

Is this the highest resolution image you have? I typically upscale some of the smaller team images to get to a certain standard size for league images.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Zycho32 Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:23 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:

Is this the highest resolution image you have? I typically upscale some of the smaller team images to get to a certain standard size for league images.

Afraid so. I thought I had the font sizes right for what you needed as far as Team Wordmarks go.
Zycho32
Zycho32

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:22 pm

Zycho32 wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:

Afraid so. I thought I had the font sizes right for what you needed as far as Team Wordmarks go.

No problem. I should be able to upscale this pretty easily. I have the font, and the proportions for the inner design. No need for you to change anything on your end.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Zycho32 Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:27 am

Austin Snelick wrote:
Zycho32 wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:

No problem. I should be able to upscale this pretty easily. I have the font, and the proportions for the inner design. No need for you to change anything on your end.

Actually, could you hold off? I still have the drop shadows to add.
Zycho32
Zycho32

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:39 am

Zycho32 wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:
Zycho32 wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:

Actually, could you hold off? I still have the drop shadows to add.

Yeah, I remembered you were going to add that. I don't do anything with team designs until I receive the final products via email.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Zycho32 Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Dallas Regulators Thread DZn6bez

That's finally done with. Now I can work on the Logo.
Zycho32
Zycho32

Austin Snelick and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:32 pm

What were you thinking for the wordmark on a green, gold, and gray background?
Green and gold backgrounds will be most important, for endzone designs, especially if the Regulators are in the Redemption Game or Gridiron Bowl.

I have what I'd do below:
Dallas Regulators Thread DR

I know the image is a little small, but on the green background, the font color is gold, to stand out against the green, and the inner gradient bars are white, since the gray blends in with the gold, plus, keeping with the normal wordmark, the bars are a lighter shade than the main font color. Tried a bunch of different combinations, and this one was the one that made the most sense, and looked the best IMO. The other two backgrounds don't require any color changes.

*** EDIT ***

Here's a better look at the wordmark on a green background:
Dallas Regulators Thread 2022_Dallas
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Zycho32 Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:24 am

I can't lie; I would take those in a heartbeat. I mean, seriously, just doing the first wordmark was so infuriating that I was just going to put a white outline around it and fill the background with other colors and call it a day.
Zycho32
Zycho32

Austin Snelick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:32 am

Zycho32 wrote:I can't lie; I would take those in a heartbeat. I mean, seriously, just doing the first wordmark was so infuriating that I was just going to put a white outline around it and fill the background with other colors and call it a day.

I'm glad you put the extra effort in though. The final product turned out real good.

If you're using MS Paint, there's a couple tricks that could have helped you out, that judging by the image you posted, you could have benefitted from. In Paint, if you make the font size larger, like around 400, you don't get the blending into the background effect that you get with a lesser sized font, just solid color lines. That makes any text easier to work with. You might know this one already, but I'll say this anyways, because it's really helpful in Paint, and that's the transparent selection. You can paste an image from Paint with a transparent section. In your wordmark, this would be helpful to get the pattern within the text, without having to create it in each letter individually. For example, you would create the pattern first, then set the second color in paint to be the color you want to be transparent in your selection. So, say, your text is green, then green would be your second color. Copy your text, then paste it, making sure you have transparent selection on. The green in the text you paste would then be transparent, and you can overlay that text over your pattern, making the pattern show up.

It's kind of hard to explain without visuals, but I'm sure there's some good YouTube tutorials out there.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Zycho32 Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:44 pm

Just thought I'd show you the helmets.

Dallas Regulators Thread Cy5g0D8

The design's fairly straightforward and just involves a lot of circles copied and pasted together along with a star, so it's easy to assemble once you got the dimensions right. My only issue is I want to have text in the circle, as the logo is essentially a badge, and I remember attempting this early on to some awkward and disastrous results.

As for the stadium dimensions, those seem do-able, though I'll probably to a reduced version of the Woodmark for the end zones(basic outline and simple colors), unless someone wants to do a major HD version of my main woodmark for me. I might be able to handle a vastly enlarged logo(though I've never worked with that many pixels at once).
Zycho32
Zycho32

Austin Snelick and Rafael Menoncin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:59 pm

Is this the text inside the circle you had in mind?

Dallas Regulators Thread Path1910
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  Zycho32 Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:21 pm

rbronish wrote:Is this the text inside the circle you had in mind?

Dallas Regulators Thread Path1910

Actually, no. What I had in mind was something like this;

Dallas Regulators Thread BadgePH085LincolnCountyRegulatorshield

Only, instead of 'Lincoln County', it would be 'Dallas County'.
And at any rate, I still need to make an expanded main logo as well as an even bigger one for the playing field templates.
Zycho32
Zycho32

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:37 pm

This one's 2400px

Dallas Regulators Thread Path1911
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  Zycho32 Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:33 am

Um, wow. Holy [BLEEP].

I may be asking for too much(since you've already gone above and beyond), but could you change the color of the text from the deeper shade of gold to forest green?
Zycho32
Zycho32

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:17 am

Zycho32 wrote:Just thought I'd show you the helmets.

The design's fairly straightforward and just involves a lot of circles copied and pasted together along with a star, so it's easy to assemble once you got the dimensions right. My only issue is I want to have text in the circle, as the logo is essentially a badge, and I remember attempting this early on to some awkward and disastrous results.

As for the stadium dimensions, those seem do-able, though I'll probably to a reduced version of the Woodmark for the end zones(basic outline and simple colors), unless someone wants to do a major HD version of my main woodmark for me. I might be able to handle a vastly enlarged logo(though I've never worked with that many pixels at once).

I actually do have a high resolution version of the wordmark, that you can copy from here:
https://imgur.com/a/bhzzbEc

The full wordmark, including "Dallas" is 6892x1767 pixels, and the wordmark with just "Regulators" is 6892x893 pixels.

Liking the badge logo. It's pretty much what I'd expected you'd come up with given the team name, so it fits the team perfectly. And thanks rbronish for scaling that up. I have a terrible time doing rounded text correctly.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:50 pm

Here's the badge with green text, let me know how else I can help

Dallas Regulators Thread Path1912
rbronish
rbronish

Austin Snelick, sfcom1 and Frank like this post

Back to top Go down