The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 - 2022

4 posters

Go down

Week 3 - 2022 Empty Week 3 - 2022

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:12 am

Week 3 - 2022 Tmp

I currently am not in a location that I can get this up as a news story, but I guess that's not too big a deal if I'm also posting here.

Thursday March 3, 2022 - 8:15PM
(1-1) Colorado Cabras at (2-0) St. Louis Brewers
Line: STL -0.5
O/U: 46.5
Win Pct: STL 50.4%
After a great performance in week 1, the Cabras defense could not keep the team from falling behind throughout the game, and fell short on a two point attempt late to tie the game. The offense settled for 5 field goals when they needed touchdowns, and that could be the difference against the 2-0 Brewers this week. The Cabras need to find the endzone the way they did in week 1, and they will be hard to keep pace with. The Brewers are sitting at 2-0 after getting an expected win week 1 vs Kansas City, and a very unexpected win, aided by the early injury of Texans QB, Jerry Raynolds, early in the game. The Brewers defense had an easy time dismantling the Texans offense with an unprepared Cameron McDonald at the helm. This week won’t be as easy for St. Louis, and this may be their first real test of the season, so let’s see how they react to that.

Sunday March 6, 2022 - 1:00PM
(1-1) Birmingham Owls at (0-2) Cincinnati Knights
Line: CIN -10
O/U: 47
Win Pct: CIN 73.0%
With the Knights falling to 0-2 with a home loss to Miami in week two, this game is a must win. A divisional matchup that the Knights are heavy favorites, that will hopefully get the ball rolling for the season. I would expect a big performance from the Knights. On the other side, The Owls could steal yet another divisional game if they can pull off another big upset. With a win this weekend, Birmingham will need to be taken more seriously. They even have the potential with a win and Louisville loss to be in first place of the Central division.

(2-0) Boston Bobcats at (1-1) Atlanta Flying Fleet
Line: BOS -2
O/U: 44
Win Pct: BOS 54.1%
Boston has shown off quite the offense early in the season, scoring 38 points in week 1, and another 44 in week 2. The FLying Fleet may have the best defense they have played so far this season, so this will be a good test of that Bobcat offense. Atlanta has played two competitive games this season, winning one, and falling short last week. They will need a little more spark to their offense this week, and some more solid defensive play to give themselves the best chance at a win in week 3.

(2-0) Louisville Lightning at (1-1) Louisiana Royals
Line: LOU -2
O/U: 49.5
Win Pct: LOU 54.7%
This is going to be a big game in the Central division. The Lightning have already gotten a divisional win under their belts, and this would be another huge win, giving them a major leg up in the divisional race early in the season. A win here, would put Louisville at 3-0, and give them divisional wins against both Cinicinnati and Louisiana. If things fall right for them Sunday, the Lightning could also end the weekend with a two game head start on the entire Central division. This is why this game is so huge for the Royals. After a monumental collapse in week 1, the Royals squeaked out a win in week 2. A win Sunday for them would put them, at worst, a half game back Birmingham for first place in the division, and at best, in first place, a half game up on the Lightning. This game could really set the tone for this division going into the season.

(1-1) Las Vegas Outlaws at (1-1) Pennsylvania Keystones
Line: LV -1.5
O/U: 41.5
Win Pct: LV 53.3%
Another ugly offensive performance for the Outlaws in week 2, but this time, their defense could not bail them out, although they did keep LA from running away with the game. The Vegas defense should again put the team in a position to have a chance late in the game, but this offense needs to show up, and soon, or this is going to be a grind it out kind of season.The Keystones are playing the same kind of football as the Outlaws. Their defense played well last week, but the offense didn’t find the endzone until the game was practically over. This could be a slug fest in Happy Valley.

(1-1) Miami Sol at (0-2) Baltimore Bluebirds
Line: MIA -6.5
O/U: 50.5
Win Pct: MIA 64.6%
This will be a good game for the Sol to pick up a second straight win early in the season. With under two minutes to go in Cincinnati, the Sol were able to put together a 7 play touchdown drive to win a great game in Week 2. This game should probably not be that close, unless Miami lays an egg. Speaking of eggs, that’s about the shape of the 0 points scored on the extra point attempt Baltimore had with 1:09 to go in the 4th, to put the Bluebirds up 3 in Seattle on Sunday night. That ended up being the difference, as the Sockeyes kicked a game winning field goal as time expired. The Bluebirds have shown though that they can be in games, but they need to execute better to win them.

(1-1) Memphis Demons at (0-2) Kansas City Buffaloes
Line: MEM -10
O/U: 44
Win Pct: MEM 74.3%
The Eagles and Demons did their best to burn the lightbulbs out on the scoreboard in week 2 in a game that featured 13 touchdowns. Memphis got their revenge for their loss to the Eagles in the Conference Championship game last season, but this defense is concerning. The Demons have given up 40 plus points in both of their games this season. This week presents an opportunity for Memphis to focus on some basics on defense against a bad Buffaloes offense.

(1-1) San Diego Breakers at (1-1) Toronto Terror
Line: SD -2
O/U: 51.5
Win Pct: SD 54.6%
Good win for Toronto in week 2 against division rivals Wisconsin. A good drive in the 4th put the Terror ahead, and the defense shut out the Stags in the 4th to give Toronto the win. San Diego is coming into this game with a little shock from last week. The offense did not score until the 4th quarter, by which point Salt Lake had already taken a 31-0 lead. Which defense shows up for the Breakers could decide this game, but it is expected we will see a high scoring game, which favors Toronto.

(1-1) Seattle Sockeyes at (1-1) Dallas Regulators
Line: SEA -5.5
O/U: 41.5
Win Pct: SEA 64.6%
Both Seattle and Dallas collected their first wins of the season in week 2. Seattle got some help from a missed Baltimore extra point, but it did take a game winning drive and time expiring field goal for the Sockeyes to close out the game on Sunday night. Dallas came into Colorado with a good game plan on offense, keeping them one step ahead throughout the game, and the defense did enough to force the Cabras to settle for field goals instead of touchdowns. Even then, a stop on a two point conversion was needed to keep the lead late in the 4th. Lots of guts and good play for this bend don’t break defense, which will be needed at home against Seattle in week 3.

(2-0) Washington Stars at (1-1) Jacksonville Captains
Line: JAX -11
O/U: 45
Win Pct: JAX 75.1%
The Stars are quietly a 2-0 team starting the season, but if they improve to 3-0, we might start hearing them in more conversations. Washington has won two tight games, and really haven’t impressed anyone thus far, but they have won two games. The Captains won a game that they very well could have lost in week 1, then lost a tight one last week. The Captains are big favorites this week at home, and really, this is a game they should win. What they don’t want is to keep the Stars in this game the way they did with Carolina in week 1.

Sunday March 6, 2022 - 4:30PM
(1-1) Chicago Maroons at (2-0) Salt Lake Trappers
Line: SL -5
O/U: 50
Win Pct: SL 63.0%
Great wins for both teams in week 2. Chicago played a great game defensively which they will need to do again in week 3. The Trappers absolutely demolished the Breakers in week 2, playing a great game on both offense and defense. The ball control offense Salt Lake plays can keep them rolling throughout the year, and throughout this game.

(1-1) Oakland Icons at (1-1) Arizona Eagles
Line: OAK -3
O/U: 39
Win Pct: OAK 60.0%
This will be a defensive battle, which Oakland is typically accustomed to, although last week, it was the Oakland offense that took over the game in the 4th, erasing an 11 point deficit, and giving the Icons the last 18 points of the game, all within the last three minutes (but of course, aided by the play of the defense). The Icons will need some defense to stop the high flying Eagles offense, who scored 41 in a win week 1, and 42 in a loss last week. This will be the best defense the Eagles have faced thus far this season, so this will be a good first test for the offense, which has grown accustomed to big plays and scoring at will. Each team will want the game to play into their hands, so some early scores would help Arizona, while a quick game and good ground attack for Oakland will help their cause, and good defense.

(0-2) San Antonio Texans at (0-2) Portland Samurais
Line: SA -4
O/U: 48
Win Pct: SA 59.8%
Last week was another ugly week for San Antonio, and it got even worse with the loss of starting quarterback Jerry Raynolds who was sacked on the first drive of the game, and suffered a lower leg injury. Raynolds, who could be out an extended period of time, isn’t the Texans only problem. The San Antonio defense has given up 41, and 35 points over the last two games, as their defense is atrocious. As bad as the start of the season has been for the Texans, they find themselves as favorites in week 3 in Portland. The Samurais lost a close one in week 1, but their defense did a fine job. In week 2, the Portland defense was overrun by the Bobcats offense. This could be a good week for Portland’s defense to get back on track, going up against a backup QB, who didn’t do much of anything in week 2. They will need some offense help as well.

(0-2) Wisconsin Stags at (2-0) Los Angeles Express
Line: LA -4
O/U: 48.5
Win Pct: LA 59.4%
The Stags, who had some playoff aspirations this season, are putting those in real danger if they cannot find a way to win against a hot Express team. 0-2 with a loss in the division is not a good start, but the season is early. On the other side, 2-0 with two good performances, and a division win is a great way to start the season for the Express. Getting to 3-0 can continue that success. LA has shown they can win with both offense and defense, so the Stags are going to have to come up with a good game plan this week if they want to win.

Sunday March 6, 2022 - 8:15PM
(2-0) Albuquerque Atoms at (0-2) Vancouver Bears
Line: ABQ -0.5
O/U: 49
Win Pct: ABQ 50.3%
The Atoms are sitting at 2-0 to start the year after two solid games against expansion teams. They will face their third straight expansion team, and one of the better ones, in the Vancouver Bears. The Bears have played tough in two close losses this season, and there’s no reason to believe they won’t be in another close game here at home on Sunday night. The Bears are slight home underdogs, but with this prime time crowd, and a fan base hungry for the franchises first win, this could be the Bears night.

Sunday March 7, 2022 - 8:15PM
(1-1) Carolina Reapers at (1-1) New York CityHawks
Line: CAR -1
O/U: 49.5
Win Pct: CAR 52.6%
Reapers kicker Daniel Edwards made up for his missed extra point that would have sent the game against Jacksonville into overtime in week 1, by hitting a game winning field goal in week 2, with just a second left on the clock. The Reapers have surely been in some exciting games to start the year. Both high scoring, nail biting affairs. Just the kind of team we want to see in prime time. The offense has been good, but Carolina’s defense is going to need to show up at some point this year. The CityHawks looked like they were headed to 2-0, after putting themselves up 11 half way through the 4th quarter in week 2. Then things fell apart. Oakland pulled a good touchdown drive together, then caused a New York 3 and out, and ripped off a 61 yard draw play that led to a touchdown a play later. Again the offense fell apart on the next drive, and with that, the game was over. We’ve seen Carolina rebound after a tough loss, can New York do the same?
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 3 - 2022 Empty Re: Week 3 - 2022

Post  Appleman20 Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:53 am

The GSL betting world has been 0-2 against us. About to be 0-3 afro
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:40 am

Big performance by the Brewers last night. I was starting to wonder if that team was for real or not, with the teams they've played so far. We'll see how they do next week when they take on my Outlaws though (and hopefully my offense shows up).
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20 and CanadianBacon43 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:53 pm

Yep, this team is so frustrating. I understand we are young, but it's just that three games in a row now, we are a 4th quarter team. I know how to fix it, score in the first fucking quarter. I am not mad at all. I saw this coming, but it's just the first year for Birmingham, so I saw this coming, it's going to be a long season for us, but we can do it and win more games.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:02 pm

So did something happen behind the scenes with Boston? Because... wow
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:12 pm

NeauXone wrote:So did something happen behind the scenes with Boston? Because... wow

Boston went crazy today lol
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:45 pm

I know it's still early right now, but how does the ranking work? I mean, shouldn't Atlanta be at the bottom? I mean, there are one 1-2 teams that Birmingham should be over.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Post  92Mafia Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:25 am

Laying an egg against top level competition, an Oakland tradition since 2021.
92Mafia
92Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:47 am

Appleman20 wrote:I know it's still early right now, but how does the ranking work? I mean, shouldn't Atlanta be at the bottom? I mean, there are one 1-2 teams that Birmingham should be over.

The standings look correct to me. There is a 9 team ties, so at that level it breaks down to conference win percentage, then strength of victory, then strength of schedule. Despite the head to head win against Louisiana, in there is a 7 way tie between teams with a conference win percentage of .333, so the tie has to be broken via strength of victory, then strength of schedule at this point. We won't get weird standings like this, and 7 way ties this far down the list as the season goes along. I know it looks odd now, because within the conference standings, there are three teams in the Central Division all lined up in a 7 team conference tie, in a different order than their division standings, and maybe that is something that should change, it's just going to be very complicated for me to fix, and if I just wait a week, that might fix itself when the standings change again.

That said, the standings listed aren't going to be considered the official standings, if we as a league identify an error in those standings.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:26 am

92Mafia wrote:Laying an egg against top level competition, an Oakland tradition since 2021.

And yet, at 1-2, the Icons are in first place in the Pacific Division.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:36 am

NeauXone wrote:So did something happen behind the scenes with Boston? Because... wow

Nothing has changed for them. Honestly, I've been surprised by them every week when the score comes out. This could just be opponents based. Their closest game was against Toronto, who on paper, is the best team they've played. Week 4 will be a real test when they go against 3-0 Washington, who has a better scoring defense than any team they've faced so far.

Boston isn't the only team that's surprised me so far (even though I have more info behind the curtain). Wisconsin on paper is a good team, and Arizona has no business being as good on offense as they've been. But hey, I'm enjoying the way things have gone so far, and I'm in it every week because I have no idea how these games are going to shape out.

A lot more scoring this year it seems like, plus, apparently every team that is winning on the last play of the 4th quarter and is in field goal range kicks a field goal, regardless of score (I think that has happened twice this season now). But with all the points, we also have the Brewers, who have not given up a touchdown in the first three weeks. crazy stuff.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:36 pm

Is it possible to add a "sort by" arrow for the categories in the Standings tab?
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:47 am

NeauXone wrote:Is it possible to add a "sort by" arrow for the categories in the Standings tab?

Yeah, this is something I've done before. At the moment though, I'm pretty busy with the USFL schedule, and the GUD team has been working on adding a CFL Uniform database to the site, and that's been a ton of work, and that's a priority for me right now, so I'm not sure when I'll get a round to adding the sort capabilities.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Untitled0717 and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:59 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
NeauXone wrote:Is it possible to add a "sort by" arrow for the categories in the Standings tab?

Yeah, this is something I've done before. At the moment though, I'm pretty busy with the USFL schedule, and the GUD team has been working on adding a CFL Uniform database to the site, and that's been a ton of work, and that's a priority for me right now, so I'm not sure when I'll get a round to adding the sort capabilities.
Is that where Rob has been at too?
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:09 pm

NeauXone wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:

Is that where Rob has been at too?

Rob has been busy with work and several other things. I'm not sure when things will start calming down for him. The UWFFL may be making a comeback at some point though, but I'm not running that.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

92Mafia and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down