The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 - 2022

3 posters

Go down

Week 5 - 2022 Empty Week 5 - 2022

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:29 am

Week 5 - 2022 2022-03-17-1

Thursday March 17, 2022 - 8:15PM
(1-3) Atlanta Flying Fleet at (1-3) Jacksonville Captains
Line: JAX -7.5
O/U: 43
Win Pct: JAX 68.9%
Atlanta is starting to fall back to their old ways, when this season seemed like it would be more promising for them. For Jacksonville, they really expected better. They were preseason favorites to win their division, yet they sit two games back of the Reapers early in the season. As touchdown favorites, this would be a great week for the Captains to pick up a win, as they try to work their way back up the ladder.

Sunday March 20, 2022 - 1:00PM
(2-2) Baltimore Bluebirds at (1-3) Toronto Terror
Line: TOR -9
O/U: 47
Win Pct: TOR 71.4%
Not many people would have thought Baltimore would be coming into this game with a better record than Toronto. Heck, not many people would have thought this Baltimore team would have won a game by now, but here we are, with a 2-2 Bluebirds team that has pulled off two straight upsets, and a Toronto team that got hammered in the big easy last week in prime time, now sitting on a 1-3 record. The Terror are big home favorites this week, and this is a game that they will need to get themselves back on track. I expect a good day for the Terror.

(2-2) Cincinnati Knights at (2-2) Memphis Demons
Line: CIN -5.5
O/U: 49.5
Win Pct: CIN 63.9%
The Knights have started to right the ship after picking up their second straight win on the season, to get back to .500, after a good showing against the Stags. They will need that offense to show up again against a Demons offense that’s usually pretty good. Last week, the Demons had a rough go of it against a good Breakers D, but I expect them to get the ball in the endzone more this week. Despite the line, I think this game will be close, and a fun one to keep track of.

(1-3) Colorado Cabras at (1-3) Birmingham Owls
Line: COL -5.5
O/U: 47
Win Pct: COL 64.3%
For the love of all that is good, can the Owls just pretend every quarter is the 4th quarter? This team would be 4-0 if they just played 4th quarter football every game. The Cabras are going to have to take advantage of Birmingham’s trademarked slow starts, and build up enough of a lead to prevent a comeback.

(2-2) Louisiana Royals at (1-3) Kansas City Buffaloes
Line: LOU -13.5
O/U: 41.5
Win Pct: 79.8%
This is one of the most lopsided matchups we’ve seen so far on the season. The Royals have been inconsistent this season, but this is a game that should win, and hopefully for them, win big. With the Lightning in a tough matchup this week, this is a great opportunity to pick up a game on the division leader. The Buffaloes pulled off a shocking upset last week in Salt Lake. Can they do it again? It will be tough, but if Louisiana comes out flat, I wouldn’t rule it out.

(1-3) Miami Sol at (3-1) Carolina Reapers
Line: CAR -1
O/U: 50.5
Win Pct: CAR 52.6%
The Reapers are two games up on the rest of the Atlantic division, and with a divisional opponent this week, another win would go a long way in upsetting this division to grab the division title. With the season still young, this is a great opportunity for Miami to pull themselves into the thick of a division race, while a loss would be a major setback. I think this should be a good back and forth game with a lot of points that will go down to the end.

(4-0) St. Louis Brewers at (4-0) Louisville Lightning
Line: LSV -1.5
O/U: 48.5
Win Pct: LSV 53.2%
Four weeks into the season, and the Brewers have still kept the amazing feat of not giving up a single touchdown on the year, which is absolutely incredible. This defense is for real, and it can pose a real challenge to the Lightning offense. But Louisville is also 4-0 for a reason; they find ways to win games. They have a good offense, and I expect they will be the first team to find the endzone against the Brewers this season. I fully expect this to be a great game. And who knows, maybe this won’t be the first matchup for these two teams …

(0-4) Wisconsin Stags at (3-1) Washington Stars
Line: WIS -6.5
O/U: 45
Win Pct: WIS 66.8%
The Stars have come off their first loss of the season, after a hard fought game against the still undefeated Bobcats. The Stags are just one of two teams yet to win a game this season. Oddsmakers have the Stags as favorites, but how can we believe that the way this team likes to lose games? I don’t buy it, not until this team shows us something to prove otherwise.

Sunday March 20, 2022 - 4:30PM
(3-1) Arizona Eagles at (3-1) Dallas Regulators
Line: ARZ -2.5
O/U: 38
Win Pct: ARZ 56.3%
Both of these teams have gotten off to a good start in 2022. The scores may not reflect it as much, but in a high scoring league, these defenses are actually pretty good. This is shaping up to be a defensive battle this week, so it may come down to which offense can convert for touchdowns rather than settling for field goals more often. With the Atoms at 4-0 leading the South division, the winner will get a good division win, and help them keep pace, as Albuquerque is expected to win this week.

(2-2) Las Vegas Outlaws at (1-3) Oakland Icons
Line: OAK -0.5
O/U: 30.5
Win Pct: OAK 50.1%
Two bad offenses face off against two good defenses in this matchup. If there was ever a game that could end in a 0 to 0 tie, this would be it. I don’t think there’s much more to say for this game, since I don’t even think fans of these teams want to see the horrors that will be present on the field this Sunday.

(1-3) Portland Samurais at (3-1) San Diego Breakers
Line: SD -7.5
O/U: 49
Win Pct: 67.7%
Portland finally got their first win on the season last week, in a tight one in Vancouver, against the still winless Bears. Maybe this first win will spark some confidence, but the road doesn’t get easier from here. The Breakers are looking like a solid team, with a good defense, and I think the defense will be too much for the Samurais to handle in this one.

(1-3) San Antonio Texans at (4-0) Albuquerque Atoms
Line: ABQ -5
O/U: 44
Win Pct: 63.1%
This game shapes up well for Albuquerque. The Texans defense is horrendous, and it doesn’t help that their offense put the defense in bad situations. It seems after the loss of their QB, there is no fight in the Texans anymore, with their 48-0 loss last week being proof of that. San Antonio will be hoping for a little spark with Cameron McDonnald benched for this week, and Michael Davis now taking over under center. Despite the way this matchup is shaping up, the Atoms can’t look past the Texans, because either the Eagles or Regulators will be 4-1 after week 5.

(2-2) Salt Lake Trappers at (2-2) Seattle Sockeyes
Line: SL -2
O/U: 48
Win Pct: SL 55.0%
Boy, that was bad in Salt Lake last week. The Trappers now have two losses in a row, and both against teams that were expected to be bad teams entering the year. They need to stop this backwards slide, since they are in a very competitive division. Seattle is in the opposite of a competitive division. At 2-2, the Sockeyes are on top of the Pacific division, and realistically, could win the division with a losing record. Still, it would be nice to see at least one Pacific division team take charge to win that division, and of all the teams, Seattle looks like the only one capable at the moment.

(0-4) Vancouver Bears at (4-0) Los Angeles Express
Line: LA -5
O/U: 45.5
Win Pct: LA 60.6%
On paper, this game seems like it will be an unwatchable blow out, but, given some of the upsets and crazy games we’ve seen through the first four weeks of the season, anything can happen. But my money is on LA to win, and Vancouver to cover.

Sunday March 20, 2022 - 8:15PM
(1-3) New York CityHawks at (2-2) Chicago Maroons
Line: NY -2.5
O/U: 47.5
Win Pct: NY 56.3%
I think both of these teams will be hungry for a win Sunday night, so I expect this will be a good game. The CityHawks haven’t won a game since week 1, and last week was really a let down for them. They need to start pulling off some wins before the season starts slipping away from them. Chicago is in the thick of a division race, given their division doesn’t have many teams with good records, despite having some teams that were considered to be pretty good before the season began. A prime time win at home would be a great boost for the Maroons.

Monday March 21, 2022 - 8:15PM
(2-2) Pennsylvania Keystones at (4-0) Boston Bobcats
Line: BOS -4.5
O/U: 41.5
Win Pct: BOS 61.2%
Can the Keystones stop this Bobcats team? Can anyone? The Bobcats have the best scoring offense in the league right now, having scored no less than 36 points in any game this season. Granted, they may not have been playing against some of the best teams or defenses so far, but they did well in a big test against the Stars. The Keystones showed some nice flash on offense, putting up 45 points against the Owls last week, their best offensive performance of the season. They will need that to stay in this game, otherwise the Bobcats may just run away with another one.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 5 - 2022 Empty Re: Week 5 - 2022

Post  Appleman20 Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:53 am

That's literally what I've been saying for the past four games lol. We would be the best team in the GSL if we played well in the first half. I won't be surprised that we are down by 50 in the first half and make a comeback in the 4th quarter.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Abernathy Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:22 pm

We couldn't find the ocean if we were standing in it during the first half last week...
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Austin Snelick and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down