The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSL Offseason

+2
Frank
Austin Snelick
6 posters

Go down

GSL Offseason Empty GSL Offseason

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:11 am

The 2022 GSL season has officially come to a close, and we've entered the offseason.

With the NFL season getting ready to start, I need to shift my focus to the GUD for a little bit.

Off season activities for the GSL will begin Tuesday September 6th (day after labor day). Those activities include submitting updates to team designs, and working on the Redemption Game and All-Star Game logos for the 2023 season. We will also vote on the location of Gridiron Bowl IV at some point. I will give more details on the offseason schedule as we get closer to September. But right now, I just need a little break to catch up on a lot of things.

One of the big offseason tasks is confirming your return to the GSL, which I'd need by October 1st. At that point, your team goes up for sale. (All I need is a simple email confirming you'd like to come back for 2023).

Thanks everyone for making the 2022 season a good one, and I look forward to seeing you all back next season!
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Untitled0717, sfcom1, Zenzo, Patrick Davis, Appleman20, CanadianBacon43, ICRMON and Frank like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Offseason Empty Re: GSL Offseason

Post  Frank Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:47 am

I had a fun first year, even though the Buffs didn't do so well. Looking forward to next season.
Frank
Frank

Austin Snelick and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 am

A better year is ahead of us in 2023, and a better look

GSL Offseason Stags-preview

The offseason starts on the 6th, but I can ask for help on new team designs "? i want to make a new thread for that
Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:30 pm

Patrick Davis wrote:A better year is ahead of us in 2023, and a better look

The offseason starts on the 6th, but I can ask for help on new team designs "? i want to make a new thread for that

You (and anyone else) can start working on team design changes now, and you can post them in the forums now if you'd like.
I will only start accepting change requests starting September 6th, so you have a little but of time until then. I will need all changes by January at some point, then team designs will be final.

Relocation applications for eligible teams should not be submitted until September 6th as well. I'm not yet sure how I want to do relocations, because I would like to know which owners are leaving the league (if any), to get a better idea of which cities are available.

The league is going to stay at a maximum of 32 teams, and all but 1 team has a unique owner at the moment (Los Angeles). Once we get to the end of September, things will get a little more clear I think.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:06 am

The GSL offseason officially begins today.

As of right now, the following teams have informed me that they'd like to return for the 2023 season (please let me know if I accidently left anyone off this list, if you have emailed me already).

ARZ
BAL
BIR
BOS
CAR
JAX
KC
LA - for sale
LOU
LSV
LV
MEM
MIA
SEA
SD
SL
STL - for sale
TOR
VAN
WIS

If you have not yet emailed me to tell me you'd like to return for next season, please do so by the October 1st deadline, or you run the risk of losing you team.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20 and CanadianBacon43 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:46 pm

An ownership development.

The Vancouver Bears were to e put up for sale, and the change in ownership has already taken place.

The now former owner of the St. Louis Brewers (as we all know here as CanadianBacon43), has decided to take over the Vancouver Bears, and have the Brewers go up for sale for a new owner.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

NeauXone, sfcom1, Curtis, Appleman20, CanadianBacon43 and ICRMON like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:58 am

Reminder that all official changes must be sent to me via email, as we've done in the past.

A few teams have done that already (Carolina, Birmingham, Seattle, Louisiana, Kansas City, and maybe a couple others).
I'm going to start updating team designs as I get them in, but I'll start with Louisiana as the Gridiron Bowl Champions.

For the Royals, Kevin didn't want any changes, but he did want a champions logo, that he gave me direction on, since he's not as much into the design aspect of the league.
GSL Offseason 86DiSV1

Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

spencer_g, Appleman20 and ICRMON like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Grey Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:22 pm

It looks really good Austin. Thank you.

Kevin Grey

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:05 am

We've got another ownership switch.

Rob will not be bringing the Flying Fleet back. They will probably make appearances in the UWFFL moving forward, if he has the time.
That opens up a franchise slot for someone. Since CanadianBacon43 spent the past year with limited creative control with the Brewers, he will now be owning this new franchise, which he has decided to keep in Atlanta.

This means the Brewers and Bears are now open for new ownership this coming season (I already have some interest in the Brewers).
And just a reminder, the goal in the GSL is to get 32 unique owners. Last year, we were pretty close to that. The original 6 teams (LA, San Diego, Louisiana, St. Louis, Washington, and my Outlaws) are intended for owners who aren't so much into the creative side of things. Owners can still put some input into team designs there (see Washington for example).
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Curtis and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:13 am

A note on relocations and team name changes.

Relocations

Remember that a relocation can only happen if:
1. Your team has not changed its name or moved for the past 3 seasons
2. OR Your team has never in its history moved or changed its name

If you plan to relocate your team, you must email me first, by October 1st, that you plan to relocate. Since we have 32 teams, and 32 cities already occupied, you'll also have to give me an idea of where you think you want to move your team to, as there are only a handful of cities that meet GSL franchise requirements. You don't have to decide on the new city (and name if the name will change with the move) by October 1st, just an indication that you plan to do so. I would need the final city and team name decided by November 1st however, if your team does go ahead with a move.

For example, I do know that Chicago is considering moving (but no decision has been made yet), and the likely move might be to Michigan. With Chicago being in the North division already, this move works well with scheduling and within the division.
The full slate of base cities that Chicago could move to, that I would except for them are: Detroit, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Buffalo, and Montreal, as these are still cities that are in a North region.

Name Changes

Remember that a name change can only happen if:
1. Your team has not changed its name or moved for the past 3 seasons
2. OR Your team has never in its history moved or changed its name

Again, if you plan to rename your team, the deadline is October 1st. Please email me first with your decision to change your teams name. You don't have to give me the new name then, or by October 1st, but you do have to let me know you plan a name change. I would need the final team name decided by November 1st however, if your team does go ahead with a name change.

Please let me know if there are any questions regarding this. (These rules have not changed since last season, but I just wanted to restate them).
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20 and ICRMON like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:41 pm

I sent my team designs through a different email a couple days ago, I don't know if you've seen them yet.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Austin Snelick and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:22 pm

NeauXone wrote:I sent my team designs through a different email a couple days ago, I don't know if you've seen them yet.

I did. I've just got quite a backlog and had a busy weekend. So I'm slowly getting to everything.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie Steinbaum Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:55 am

When will the schedule come out?
Eddie Steinbaum
Eddie Steinbaum

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:52 am

Eddie Steinbaum wrote:When will the schedule come out?

It's going to depend on finalizing the 32 teams.
Right now 29 of the 32 teams have been confirmed to be returning (still waiting to hear from Cincinnati, New York, and Oakland).
Once I know all the teams, and divisions (so I also need to wait on possible relocations), I can quite easily get a schedule together.

So, as of right now, we are looking at a timeframe of sometime in October, or November.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20 and ICRMON like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BenclossJAX Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:20 pm

I’m a little confused from reading some of these posts. Are there any teams still up for sale? I know a guy who’s interested in buying a team if so

BenclossJAX

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:31 am

BenclossJAX wrote:I’m a little confused from reading some of these posts. Are there any teams still up for sale? I know a guy who’s interested in buying a team if so

As of right now, 3 teams are up for sale. The Los Angeles Express, Vancouver Bears, and Cincinnati Knights. Two teams may come up for sale if I don't get a return confirmation (New York CityHawks and Oakland Icons).
Have the guy you know email gridironuniforms@gmail.com, and I can go over the best options for owning a team.

And since I know this is going to come up, yes, there will be an opportunity for current owners to take over a second team, BUT, I'd still like to get 32 unique league owners, so I won't allow current owners to take over a second team until January, if some teams are still without an owner.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Patrick Barnes, Appleman20 and ICRMON like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:57 am

Here are the latest offseason updates.

Cincinnati has a new owner for the 2023 season. The team will likely move following this season.
Vancouver has had interest in being taken over by a new owner, but that has not yet been finalized.
I have not heard anything from the owners of either Oakland or New York. I will continue to try and reach out to the owners, but if I don't hear from them, then I would like to try and find new owners.
So, at the moment, Los Angeles, New York, and Oakland are without owners currently.

Given that the renaming/relocation period has passed, I can go ahead and start working on a schedule. As stated at the end of last season, this year's schedule will be a 16 game schedule, which will work better for my summer vacation schedule (as I'm usually out of town the final week of July).
I'm thinking that the 16 game schedule will follow similar to the NFLs past 16 game schedules, but with the two extra conference games being randomized (this will help me in building schedules by hand).
Louisiana will host the opening game Thursday February 16th.

Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Patrick Barnes, Appleman20 and CanadianBacon43 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:06 am

Hi everyone.

I'm just catching up, coming back from a conference last week.
I'll start getting into the backlog of emails I have, and other tasks I have to do here.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Patrick Barnes, Rafael Menoncin, Curtis, Appleman20 and SamBlotner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:19 am

I'll be working my way through the backlog of team designs for me to put up on the site.

If you haven't already given me any team design changes, or confirmed that designs will be staying the same, the deadline is January 1st. After that, current team designs are final until next off season.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:23 pm

I believe I've caught up on getting submitted designs up on the website. So please check to make sure I have everything up for your team if you sent me designs.

This is my current list of who I have designs from, and who I have yet to get designs from.
I know some of you have told me you're working on yours. This isn't supposed to put pressure on anyone. Again, deadline is January 1st, so there's still about a month to go.

All designs complete and uploaded
Atlanta Aliens
Baltimore Bluebirds
Birmingham Owls
Boston Bobcats
Carolina Reapers
Colorado Cabras
Jacksonville Captains
Kansas City Buffaloes
Louisiana Royals
Las Vegas Outlaws
Montréal Maroons
Memphis Demons
New York CityHawks
Pennsylvania Keystones
San Antonio Texans
San Diego Breakers
Seattle Sockeyes
St. Louis Brewers
Toronto Terror
Vancouver Bears
Washington Stars
Wisconsin Stags

Designs submitted but not uploaded by me
None (that I know of)

Designs not summited
Albuquerque Atoms
Arizona Eagles
Cincinnati Knights
Dallas Regulators
Los Angeles Express
Louisville Lightning (Just waiting on field designs)
Miami Sol
Oakland Icons
Portland Samurais (Just waiting on field designs)
Salt Lake Trappers

I'm also going to work on getting a preseason schedule together this week, maybe by the end of today if I have the time.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:51 am

We are now under a month from the first pre-season games kicking off.

I am going to catch up this week on all of the designs submission that have come to me over the last two weeks, as well as prepare the season previews for 2023, which should come out before the preseason starts.

We also have another league task, to vote on the location of Gridiron Bowl IV. I'll get that thread together soon.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, Curtis, Appleman20 and ICRMON like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:06 pm

At this point I should have all team designs for 2023 up on the website. We've past the deadline for submitting design changes now as well, so all team designs are in and set for the season.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, Curtis, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:33 am

Here's an update on where I am with the upcoming season.

Teams have been randomized, and I have written out the season preview for all teams.
I will be posting one eastern division preview each day, starting Monday next week, then the Western divisions the following week.

If anyone remembers how I did this last year, I took pre-season Madding team ratings, and randomly assigned NFL teams to GSL teams. As you may expect, pre-season ratings don't quite matchup with how NFL teams have done during the actual season. For example, who thought the Giants would make the playoffs this season? Or that the Seahawks or Jets would have been in the playoff conversation at the end of the year? Or that the Rams would be this bad?

So, preseason team previews mean something, but don't expect the team ratings to tell you exactly what will happen in the upcoming season.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, spencer_g, Appleman20 and CanadianBacon43 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down