The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 9 - 2023

+4
Rafael Menoncin
ICRMON
Austin Snelick
Untitled0717
8 posters

Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Week 9 - 2023

Post  Untitled0717 Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:46 am

As the USFL is set to begin its 2023 campaign, the GSL season approaches its midway point with nearly every team still in the thick of the playoff race. This week should prove for some exciting matchups that could potentially shake up the playoff picture.


Saturday, April 15, 2023 - 8:15pm ET / 5:15pm PT
(1-6) San Antonio Texans at (3-5) San Diego Breakers
Line: SD -0.5
O/U: 39.5
Win Prob: SD 51.4%

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 1:00pm ET / 12:00pm CT
(4-3) Albuquerque Atoms at (5-3) Wisconsin Stags
Line: ABQ -1.5
O/U: 41.5
Win Prob: ABQ 53.3%

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 1:00pm ET
(1-6) Atlanta Aliens at (7-1) Toronto Terror
Line: TOR -10.5
O/U: 39.5
Win Prob: TOR 77.7%

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 1:00pm ET
(3-4) Carolina Reapers at (4-4) Miami Sol
Line: CAR -0.5
O/U: 41.5
Win Prob: CAR 51.3%

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 1:00pm ET
(6-2) Jacksonville Captains at (1-6) Montréal Maroons
Line: JAX -7.0
O/U: 40
Win Prob: JAX 68.3%

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 1:00pm ET
(6-1) New York CityHawks at (4-3) Boston Bobcats
Line: BOS -3.0
O/U: 40.5
Win Prob: BOS 59.0%

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 2:30pm ET / 8:30pm CET
(4-3) Colorado Cabras at (0-7) St. Louis Brewers (Munich)
Line: COL -0.5
O/U: 36.5
Win Prob: COL 54.0%

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 4:30pm ET / 3:30pm CT
(3-4) Arizona Eagles at (2-5) Dallas Regulators
Line: DAL -1.0
O/U: 40.5
Win Prob: DAL 51.1%

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 4:30pm ET / 1:30pm PT
(5-2) Louisville Lightning at (5-2) Oakland Icons
Line: OAK -11.0
O/U: 43.5
Win Prob: OAK 79.4%

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 4:30pm ET / 1:30pm PT
(6-1) Memphis Demons at (4-4) Seattle Sockeyes
Line: MEM -8.0
O/U: 49.5
Win Prob: MEM 71.6%

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 4:30pm ET / 1:30pm PT
(2-5) Washington Stars at (6-2) Los Angeles Express
Line: LA -4.0
O/U: 46
Win Prob: LA 60.3%

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 8:15pm ET
(7-1) Birmingham Owls at (2-6) Pennsylvania Keystones
Line: BIR -1.5
O/U: 43
Win Prob: BIR 54.2%

Monday, April 17, 2023 - 8:15pm ET
(2-6) Vancouver Bears at (2-5) Cincinnati Knights
Line: CIN -6.5
O/U: 39
Win Prob: CIN 68.0%

Teams on bye: (5-3) Baltimore Bluebirds, (6-2) Kansas City Buffaloes, (5-3) Las Vegas Outlaws, (4-4) Louisiana Royals, (0-8) Portland Samurais, (5-3) Salt Lake Trappers
Untitled0717
Untitled0717

Posts : 212
Join date : 2020-12-08
Age : 22

Austin Snelick and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:41 am

A lot of interesting matchups this weekend, especially with some of the teams in the middle of the pack, near the edge of the playoff race.
This is typically the time of year where we see at least one good team start to fall apart, and where we see at least one mostly bad team start to make a run for the playoffs.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1834
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 30
Location : Maryland

sfcom1 and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  ICRMON Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:00 am

HUGE game against the Cityhawks this week. Let's GO!
ICRMON
ICRMON

Posts : 151
Join date : 2021-09-15

Austin Snelick, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  Rafael Menoncin Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:15 am

I Was going to post this today 😆

Anyways, nice job!
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Posts : 336
Join date : 2021-01-14
Age : 23

Austin Snelick and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:29 pm

Rafael Menoncin wrote:I Was going to post this today 😆

Anyways, nice job!

I suppose the schedule changes this time of year threw things off.
Did a trial for this season, where, after Easter, the Thursday night games end, and we get Saturday night games instead, with some being flexed in later.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1834
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 30
Location : Maryland

Rafael Menoncin and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  Rafael Menoncin Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:39 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
Rafael Menoncin wrote:I Was going to post this today 😆

Anyways, nice job!

I suppose the schedule changes this time of year threw things off.
Did a trial for this season, where, after Easter, the Thursday night games end, and we get Saturday night games instead, with some being flexed in later.

Usually I post the week lines and projections 24hrs before the Thursday night kick-off

As this week is planned to start on a Saturday my plan was to post tonight (Friday night), next week If you guys want I can resume the Wednesday night posts next week, or just moving one day forward, to Thursday nights
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Posts : 336
Join date : 2021-01-14
Age : 23

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  CarterB2 Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:55 pm

Huh.
Three words:
Lets
Win
It
CityHawks All-Time Record: 18-7

Side Note: I know this is week 9 I'm posing in, but I swear my week 10 game against the Express wasn't a Sunday night game...can you address this Austin? And maybe a late uniform change for the game if that is possible since I personally don't like when teams wear their default unis on a primetime game.


Last edited by CarterB2 on Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the side note)
CarterB2
CarterB2

Posts : 290
Join date : 2022-10-20
Location : Fort Collins, CO

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  Appleman20 Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:36 pm

Let's see if Birmingham can keep up the winning steak. Also, Birmingham Owls wishes the Birmingham Stallions the best of luck on the USFL season 2.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Posts : 355
Join date : 2021-09-01

Austin Snelick, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:58 pm

CarterB2 wrote:Huh.
Three words:
Lets
Win
It
CityHawks All-Time Record: 18-7

Side Note: I know this is week 9 I'm posing in, but I swear my week 10 game against the Express wasn't a Sunday night game...can you address this Austin? And maybe a late uniform change for the game if that is possible since I personally don't like when teams wear their default unis on a primetime game.

Sorry, you're correct (and yes, you can change uniform for that one).
That game was flexed, along with a few others, I just forgot to post the flexed games by the looks of it.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1834
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 30
Location : Maryland

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  CarterB2 Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:19 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
CarterB2 wrote:Huh.
Three words:
Lets
Win
It
CityHawks All-Time Record: 18-7

Side Note: I know this is week 9 I'm posing in, but I swear my week 10 game against the Express wasn't a Sunday night game...can you address this Austin? And maybe a late uniform change for the game if that is possible since I personally don't like when teams wear their default unis on a primetime game.

Sorry, you're correct (and yes, you can change uniform for that one).
That game was flexed, along with a few others, I just forgot to post the flexed games by the looks of it.

Thanks for the response, I was just a little confused.
CarterB2
CarterB2

Posts : 290
Join date : 2022-10-20
Location : Fort Collins, CO

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  CarterB2 Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:31 pm

Shutout win today, add another win tally.

Also, just made an official roster for 2023! (Just for fun).
Check it out here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15524N2dB32Lm-ImOR9zn-phmX9GVCpo8_oD9UPrS0Rw/edit?usp=sharing
CarterB2
CarterB2

Posts : 290
Join date : 2022-10-20
Location : Fort Collins, CO

Austin Snelick, sfcom1 and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  NeauXone Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:18 pm

Alright, I have to comment on this midgame because I've been waiting for something like this to happen.
Week 9 - 2023 Image_93
For those of you who don't know (I'm sure a few of you do), there exists a mechanism created by Jon Bois called the Surrender Index that measures how cowardly a team is in their decision to punt the ball, based on field position, score, time of game, and down and distance. I threw these numbers into the Index itself and well...
Week 9 - 2023 Image_94
To put it frankly, this would land us (estimated) around the 99th percentile of all punts since 1999 in the NFL and probably GSL combined as well. Long story short, one of the worst punts of all time.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Posts : 462
Join date : 2020-11-01

Austin Snelick, Untitled0717, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:17 am

CarterB2 wrote:Shutout win today, add another win tally.

Also, just made an official roster for 2023! (Just for fun).
Check it out here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15524N2dB32Lm-ImOR9zn-phmX9GVCpo8_oD9UPrS0Rw/edit?usp=sharing

Last season, we had several team rosters. The goal is to eventually get players off the roster to appear in the play by play, but I just don't have time to do that at the moment.
Maybe in the future we'll get a new owner with web development / database experience to help me out with that.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1834
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 30
Location : Maryland

spencer_g, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:19 am

NeauXone wrote:Alright, I have to comment on this midgame because I've been waiting for something like this to happen.
Week 9 - 2023 Image_93
For those of you who don't know (I'm sure a few of you do), there exists a mechanism created by Jon Bois called the Surrender Index that measures how cowardly a team is in their decision to punt the ball, based on field position, score, time of game, and down and distance. I threw these numbers into the Index itself and well...
Week 9 - 2023 Image_94
To put it frankly, this would land us (estimated) around the 99th percentile of all punts since 1999 in the NFL and probably GSL combined as well. Long story short, one of the worst punts of all time.

53/54 yard field goal in this spot too, to take the lead no less. All for a 20 yard net difference after the punt.
I guess bad coaching plays a factor in the simulation at times.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1834
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 30
Location : Maryland

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  ICRMON Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:51 am

Oooof, first time getting shutout in franchise history. Sad Lose 3 streak currently, we gotta turn this thing around quickly!
ICRMON
ICRMON

Posts : 151
Join date : 2021-09-15

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  CanadianBacon43 Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:24 pm

ICRMON wrote:Oooof, first time getting shutout in franchise history.  Sad  Lose 3 streak currently, we gotta turn this thing around quickly!

Same here
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Posts : 577
Join date : 2021-09-03
Age : 26

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  CarterB2 Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:10 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
CarterB2 wrote:Shutout win today, add another win tally.

Also, just made an official roster for 2023! (Just for fun).
Check it out here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15524N2dB32Lm-ImOR9zn-phmX9GVCpo8_oD9UPrS0Rw/edit?usp=sharing

Last season, we had several team rosters. The goal is to eventually get players off the roster to appear in the play by play, but I just don't have time to do that at the moment.
Maybe in the future we'll get a new owner with web development / database experience to help me out with that.

I would love to see a revival of this!
CarterB2
CarterB2

Posts : 290
Join date : 2022-10-20
Location : Fort Collins, CO

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  Appleman20 Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:17 pm

What a great Saturday for Birmingham. Two dubs in 1 day in the same stadium. Stallions and Owls look amazing on the field. Lets goooooo. Birmingham Owls will be on a bye week in week 10.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Posts : 355
Join date : 2021-09-01

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - 2023 Empty Re: Week 9 - 2023

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum