The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traveling HOF Exhibit

Go down

Traveling HOF Exhibit Empty Traveling HOF Exhibit

Post  dodint Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:46 pm

blog.steelers.com/2012/10/02/football-history-on-display-in-pittsburgh/

Nothing really new to add here, I just found these pictures of the traveling Gridiron Glory: The Best of the Pro Football Hall of Fame exhibit interesting. Mainly because I don’t think I have ever come across the back of the Steelers 1994 75th Season throwback before. I own the Mitchell & Ness version but was really excited to see the original Starter. The details were very faithfully reproduced in the GUD so I assume someone either has viewed this jersey at Canton or has some great pictures that I’ve never seen. Excellent detail work as always. I’m somewhat surprised that they chose to hang this jersey up like this given how much the front has to offer, but I’m glad for it as a fan that takes particular interest in jerseys.

As an aside, one of the many errors EA made in Madden 13 for the Steelers uniforms was including this jersey with the stripes also on the back. The other big mistake was labeling this year’s 80th anniversary horizontally striped throwback as a “1950s throwback”; seems 2012 or 1933 would’ve been accurate, but 1950s is out of left field. Gotta give them credit for trying though, as there are many great jerseys in the game to choose from for the Steelers. (1933, “1934”, 1960, 1975H/A, 2011H/A, 2012H/A)

Also pictured is an Ernine Stautner jersey that I think is from the 1963 pre-season. I could be wrong on that but it is my closest estimate.
Have a good one.

dodint

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum