The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York Giants 1933-1936

2 posters

Go down

New York Giants 1933-1936 Empty New York Giants 1933-1936

Post  whiskeydoggie Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:18 pm

just wondering if the uniform colors are correct on some images...reading the uni-watch history project its say the jerseys are blue with white sleeve stripes, but site shows red with white sleeve stripes. Also uni-watch say the white jerseys have blue sleeve stripes but shows red sleeve stripes...which one is correct?

whiskeydoggie

Back to top Go down

New York Giants 1933-1936 Empty Re: New York Giants 1933-1936

Post  Bill Schaefer Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Most observent of you! At the time Tim documented everything in the UW Research Project, that's what we thought. I originally did them based on those specifics before I first contacted him. Further digging and evidence led Tim to find that the reds and blues were backwards due to how sometimes reds actually show darker than blues in most B/W photos because of certain filters that were used at the time. Rather than change the Research Project every time we uncovered a glitch, we just went about our thing knowing when we finished, Tim would have Paul Lukas take down the Project as it is now obsolete (should happen soon). If you continue through the project in its current state, you will find a bunch more discrepancies like these. Ours is the definitive bottom-line...until someone else proves us otherwise. :)
Bill Schaefer
Bill Schaefer

Back to top Go down

Post  whiskeydoggie Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:37 pm

thanks for the response...i guess ill have to do some minor adjustments for my project...and thanks for the great work on the history and the web site...

whiskeydoggie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down