The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSL Site Improvements/Updates

+5
Rob Holecko
Untitled0717
NeauXone
rbronish
Austin Snelick
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Sun May 23, 2021 6:33 pm

I can confirm that the final score of ATL 21 - LA 20 is the correct, and simulated final score.

Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Rob Holecko Sun May 23, 2021 7:32 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:I can confirm that the final score of ATL 21 - LA 20 is the correct, and simulated final score.

Wait, I'm confused.... we won? Are you sure? It doesn't seem like us.

Rob Holecko

Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-10

Austin Snelick and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Mon May 24, 2021 7:06 am

Rob Holecko wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:I can confirm that the final score of ATL 21 - LA 20 is the correct, and simulated final score.

Wait,  I'm confused....  we won?    Are you sure?   It doesn't seem like us.

Ha, yeah, the seems unreal that Atlanta would win, but it did happen, even if one of the score boards said it didn't happen.

But anyways, what had happened was, the NFL data I had for that game marked the extra point (in this case, Los Angeles' game tying score) as in the 5th quarter, or not in the fourth. Don't know why, but that data isn't very good. So, the score at the "end of the game" picked up by my code, wasn't the actual end of the game score, because of the data.

What I'm going to have to do for next year, as step one into building a play by play simulation, is use the NFL data I have now, to simulate some full games to get a pool of non NFL games, that I simulated with a bunch of scores that can be used to choose from for games next year. I'll have to break dow a whole mess of game situations though. What I really need to do is get another python programmer on board to help me build the simulation.

Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Rob Holecko Mon May 24, 2021 7:11 am

But how did it reverse the teams ... according to the summary it looked like Atlanta was ahead 20-13 and LA scored TD + 2 pt conversion? Just curious, we'll definitely take the win!

Rob Holecko

Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-10

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Mon May 24, 2021 7:15 am

Rob Holecko wrote:But how did it reverse the teams ... according to the summary it looked like Atlanta was ahead 20-13 and LA scored TD + 2 pt conversion?   Just curious,  we'll definitely take the win!

It might take some more digging into what actually happened, but all I know is, I have a database table that tells me what the final simulated score of the game is, and that's inserted into the database before the code even makes the selection of the NFL play by play data. So that database table with the final simulated score is the official game score.

But thank goodness this happened on a game that didn't mean anything, rather than a big game like the Sunday night game. I should start throwing out the NFL games with bad play by play data, so I minimize problems moving forward.

Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:09 am

Looks like the standings code isn't completely fixed. The Toronto Terror should be in 6th place in the Eastern Conference, instead of the Stars being in 5th and 6th place in the conference.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:14 am

I've added playoff indicators in the standing sections. Key is above the standings tables.

I enter these by hand for now, so let me know if something looks wrong, or if I'm missing something, and I'll manually update the tables.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:06 am

Looks like I'll be spending more time figuring out the standings again today.

Currently in the Eastern Conference the standings for the 4 teams at (8-Cool are:
6-Washington
7-Miami
8-Toronto
9-Wisconsin
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

92Mafia and Patrick Barnes like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:12 am

I think I've finally got the standings to be correct. Of course, I'll have to re-write the standings code for the 2022 season, but at least I can reuse much of the same code I have from this year.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:41 pm

I've now added some of the "bottom bar" links, which are found on the GUD. These include:

GSL Kickoff Games: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=GSL%20Kickoff&game-title=GSL%20Kickoff%20Special
Easter Sunday Games: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=Easter%20Sunday%20Games&game-title=Easter%20Sunday%20Game
Memorial Day Classics: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=Memorial%20Day%20Classics&game-title=Memorial%20Day%20Classic
Redemption Games: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=Redemption%20Games&game-title=Redemption%20Game
Gridiron Bowls: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=Gridiron%20Bowls&game-title=Gridiron%20Bowl%
All-Star Games: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=GSL%20All-Star%20Games&game-title=GSL%20All-Star%20Game
International Games: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=International%20Series%20Games&game-title=International%20Series
Color vs Color Games (by year): https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=color-vs-color&page-title=Color%20vs%20Color&tv_years=1
and White at Home Games (by year): https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=white-at-home&page-title=White%20at%20Home
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

NeauXone, sfcom1 and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:02 pm

Added a team titles section to the team pages.

For example, here's Arizona: https://gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=team-history&team_id=ARZ

Titles will be added for Division, Conference, and Gridiron Bowl Championships. The Redemption game is an exhibition, so there's no title for that.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

NeauXone, Untitled0717 and Patrick Barnes like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:48 pm

I was doing some updates to the main GUD site today, which included adding a little navigation on the single game pages and high res game pages to go back and forth between games in that week. That functionality has also been added to the GSL site.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Untitled0717, sfcom1 and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  NeauXone Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:07 am

Any progress being made on the simulation end of the league?
NeauXone
NeauXone

Posts : 385
Join date : 2020-11-01

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:08 am

NeauXone wrote:Any progress being made on the simulation end of the league?

Not really. Building a simulation from scratch is pretty dang hard. I've contacted two websites that do NFL type simulators, which is just a text based simulation with play by play, so see if there is a way for me to run a simulation from the GSL website, and get all the play by play data back, which I could then use to show live play by play. Haven't gotten a response from either site though. I'm still looking into other options as well, but I don't think I'll be able to build a simulation myself. It would require way too many hours of work, and I've already got a 40 hour a week job, and a kid to take care of.

The other thing that would be nice to figure out is how the SFL uses the 2K engine for all their simulations (SFL: https://simulationfl.net/)
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:07 am

I had mentioned in another thread before that I had figured out the scheduling code, and, well ... I had not.
There were some errors in the home and away scheduling, where teams were being scheduled against teams they should not have been.

I've been working on fixing this, but it's far more complicated than before, but I'm close. There will be cases however, where some teams will be on 3 game home or road stretches. That's not uncommon in the NFL though, and the way I prioritize scheduling should limit how often that happens.
Good news is I've got a couple months to figure this out, but I do think I'm close regardless.

If I do get a schedule figured out, right now all the teams are based on division, and not actual GSL teams. So I'm scheduling teams like, E1, E2, E3, E4, P1, P2, P3, P4, W1, W2, ...
Once I have a viable schedule, and the league has 32 teams, then I can plug in which teams are E1, or C4, etc. Some of these I already know, but this is dependent on the other expansion teams.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Rob Holecko and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:30 pm

I believe I've got a schedule close enough that I can make edits where I need to. For example, Arizona should be home in week 1, while Washington should be home in week 15.

Things like that are more of a puzzle to figure out, but the hard part is done hopefully.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

NeauXone likes this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  NeauXone Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:45 am

Austin Snelick wrote:
NeauXone wrote:Any progress being made on the simulation end of the league?

Not really. Building a simulation from scratch is pretty dang hard. I've contacted two websites that do NFL type simulators, which is just a text based simulation with play by play, so see if there is a way for me to run a simulation from the GSL website, and get all the play by play data back, which I could then use to show live play by play. Haven't gotten a response from either site though. I'm still looking into other options as well, but I don't think I'll be able to build a simulation myself. It would require way too many hours of work, and I've already got a 40 hour a week job, and a kid to take care of.

The other thing that would be nice to figure out is how the SFL uses the 2K engine for all their simulations (SFL: https://simulationfl.net/)
Coming back to this, it seems like it's as simple as them inputting the rosters into APF 2K8 and just simulating a CPUvCPU game. The stats page wouldn't load but I'm sure they just input the post game stats into the website. But it doesn't look like there's any system for injuries as far as I can tell.

I'll say while it would be great to have new game data with unique play-by-play data, if it's too much of a hassle I'd be fine with sticking with the same system we had before (throwing out the bad data from last season of course). Although I am wondering, how difficult would it be to implement a box score feature? (i.e. QB yards, TDs, INTs, etc.)
NeauXone
NeauXone

Posts : 385
Join date : 2020-11-01

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:19 am

I'm going to do some testing this week, that will give scores to all of the 2022 seasons scheduled games.

Note that the team rankings that will be in for each team, will NOT be reflective of the 2022 regular season. This testing I'll be doing will actually help me determine a good way to randomize team rankings for the year.
The testing will also make sure that the standings are working properly. The tests will not include play by play, just the old quick "dice roll" to get final scores.

So you may see simulated scores across all the games multiple times throughout this week, until I'm confident in the outcomes.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

sfcom1 and Rafael Menoncin like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:08 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:I'm going to do some testing this week, that will give scores to all of the 2022 seasons scheduled games.

Note that the team rankings that will be in for each team, will NOT be reflective of the 2022 regular season. This testing I'll be doing will actually help me determine a good way to randomize team rankings for the year.
The testing will also make sure that the standings are working properly. The tests will not include play by play, just the old quick "dice roll" to get final scores.

So you may see simulated scores across all the games multiple times throughout this week, until I'm confident in the outcomes.


I think I've got the standings with the new rule changes figured out. Strength of victory and strength of schedule have been added as part of the standings calculations.

Rankings have been reset for all teams back to 1-1 for now. I will randomly set rankings later on in the year. This coming season is treated as if all players in the league were put into a player pool, and drafted by random order. So rankings form last year have no influence over the upcoming season.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

sfcom1 and Frank like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Frank Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:48 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:I'm going to do some testing this week, that will give scores to all of the 2022 seasons scheduled games.

Note that the team rankings that will be in for each team, will NOT be reflective of the 2022 regular season. This testing I'll be doing will actually help me determine a good way to randomize team rankings for the year.
The testing will also make sure that the standings are working properly. The tests will not include play by play, just the old quick "dice roll" to get final scores.

So you may see simulated scores across all the games multiple times throughout this week, until I'm confident in the outcomes.


I think I've got the standings with the new rule changes figured out. Strength of victory and strength of schedule have been added as part of the standings calculations.

Rankings have been reset for all teams back to 1-1 for now. I will randomly set rankings later on in the year. This coming season is treated as if all players in the league were put into a player pool, and drafted by random order. So rankings form last year have no influence over the upcoming season.

Do we get to know the team rankings during the course of the year? I can't see how that worked from last year.
Frank
Frank

Posts : 38
Join date : 2021-10-18
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:00 am

Frank wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:I'm going to do some testing this week, that will give scores to all of the 2022 seasons scheduled games.

Note that the team rankings that will be in for each team, will NOT be reflective of the 2022 regular season. This testing I'll be doing will actually help me determine a good way to randomize team rankings for the year.
The testing will also make sure that the standings are working properly. The tests will not include play by play, just the old quick "dice roll" to get final scores.

So you may see simulated scores across all the games multiple times throughout this week, until I'm confident in the outcomes.


I think I've got the standings with the new rule changes figured out. Strength of victory and strength of schedule have been added as part of the standings calculations.

Rankings have been reset for all teams back to 1-1 for now. I will randomly set rankings later on in the year. This coming season is treated as if all players in the league were put into a player pool, and drafted by random order. So rankings form last year have no influence over the upcoming season.

Do we get to know the team rankings during the course of the year? I can't see how that worked from last year.

No, I don't release the rankings until the end of the season. Last year I didn't give any hints either. This year, I plan on giving a season preview of sorts, that'll go with initial power rankings in January. I'll I'm going to say though is give a vague indication about rankings. Like, poor defense, average offense, or good defense, poor offense. Something like that. Going into an NFL season, we kind of know that before the season starts, but this is vague enough that we still wouldn't know which teams are expected to go far in the playoffs. Plus, the rankings for teams could change from week to week, as I do throw that wild card in there, it id does change the course of a teams season. I also post "betting lines", which, after a couple weeks, you can probably do the math to figure out each teams rankings, if you're really up for the challenge.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1249
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL Site Improvements/Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: GSL Site Improvements/Updates

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum