The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UWFLL Questions

+3
Rob Holecko
Austin Snelick
92Mafia
7 posters

Go down

UWFLL Questions Empty UWFLL Questions

Post  92Mafia Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:57 am

I've been seeing a lot about the UFWLL recently and was wondering what it was and how one might join it. Any information about it would be greatly appreciated.
92Mafia
92Mafia

Rob Holecko likes this post

Back to top Go down

UWFLL Questions Empty Re: UWFLL Questions

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:27 am

92Mafia wrote:I've been seeing a lot about the UFWLL recently and was wondering what it was and how one might join it. Any information about it would be greatly appreciated.

Rob can answer this in the UWFFL forum.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:27 am

Nevermind? I guess the UWFFL forum is gone?
Looks like that's all rolled into this one now.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

92Mafia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:44 am

Yep sorry I merged them together because I didn't want people to miss it. I was going to have them separate but sometimes stuff like a Dick Schaefer Show might relate to both and didn't want to have to post it twice.

Plus UWFFL will run in the fall opposite the GSL so hopefully it will also keep year round interest in this forum.
And hopefully content from one won't interfere with the other, it should be able to coexist fine.

Also there is just going to be one YouTube channel that is called "Dick Schaefer Radio" (originally I made a separate one for UWFFL) ....  so stay subscribed to that channel and watch this forum and these are the two places where the UWFFL will "happen".

But yes we will be open for expansion teams into the UWFFL for the Fall 2021 and hope that some GSL participants will join us for the UWFFL ride.   I've learned a lot from how Austin's running the GSL and hopefully the UWFFL will be, to borrow a phrase, "Back and better than ever"
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

92Mafia, Patrick Barnes and Drew Abernathy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Abernathy Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:34 am

Just need the Kramermeister!!
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Rob Holecko and Patrick Barnes like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  92Mafia Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:46 am

Rob Holecko wrote:Yep sorry I merged them together because I didn't want people to miss it. I was going to have them separate but sometimes stuff like a Dick Schaefer Show might relate to both and didn't want to have to post it twice.

Plus UWFFL will run in the fall opposite the GSL so hopefully it will also keep year round interest in this forum.
And hopefully content from one won't interfere with the other, it should be able to coexist fine.

Also there is just going to be one YouTube channel that is called "Dick Schaefer Radio" (originally I made a separate one for UWFFL) ....  so stay subscribed to that channel and watch this forum and these are the two places where the UWFFL will "happen".

But yes we will be open for expansion teams into the UWFFL for the Fall 2021 and hope that some GSL participants will join us for the UWFFL ride.   I've learned a lot from how Austin's running the GSL and hopefully the UWFFL will be, to borrow a phrase, "Back and better than ever"

If you need prospective owners, I'm more than happy to join!
92Mafia
92Mafia

Rob Holecko and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:56 am

92Mafia wrote:If you need prospective owners, I'm more than happy to join!

We're more than happy to invite you to submit a team....  In fact I may go ahead and open up a thread soon for people to start posting team concepts / prospective expansion teams.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

92Mafia, Patrick Barnes and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Curtis Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:08 pm

UWFFL fans !! New uni sets coming soon from ownership (me) of the Connecticut Convicts ( Continental League) , the Pontiac Prowlers ( Premier League) and the " maze that amazes " , the Iowa Corn ( Central League).

Team sponsor will be Newfoundland Chalk.

" Join the Gods of the Gridiron...Join the UWFFL ."

Curtis
Curtis

Rob Holecko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:34 pm

Wow you guys are doing great. I have a couple of concepts in the works. Either fir UWFFL or the GSL for prospective owners.
sfcom1
sfcom1

Rob Holecko and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:33 am

Very nice Curtis, I can't wait to see them.

There has been some delays behind the scenes with getting the UWFFL going as I have been testing my simulating process endless times to ensure that it will lead to competitive fairness for all teams.  Our simulating process will be entirely different than the GSL process that Austin uses, and I want to ensure it is entirely fair before I unveil it.

But rest assured there is still plenty of time as we prepare to relaunch with the 2021 Fall Season.  The 2020 Champions League will be set to commence the week after the GSL Season ends, and in the mean time as testing continues, we can condense the time needed to simulate the remaining past seasons to catch up as necessary without problem.  We will not start it until I am satisfied with my simulation process, which as of now I am about 98% of the way toward finalizing it.

Soon I will open up a thread for prospective new owners to submit their concepts for expansion teams and outline the process.

Also I would like to propose that one of the weeks of the 2022 GSL Preseason be a "GSL teams vs UWFFL teams" Exhibition Challenge series.  It will be at the very end of the UWFFL season.  I propose that GSL teams and their nearby UWFFL teams will face off in games.

We will randomly select half of the games to be played at the GSL team's home stadium under GSL rules and the other half will be played at the UWFFL team's home stadium under UWFFL rules.   When we confirm dates for that series, we will release exact dates for the UWFFL season, however it will start the week after the 2021 Champions League, which will run from roughly August 8 - September 6 (Labor Day). The UWFFL Fall Season will kickoff Thursday, September 9.

I think it would be an exciting crossover, and I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on it.  I would like to have a patch/logo for this, however, we will be redesigning the UWFFL logo in the near future, to bring it up to par with the GSL logo, so we will wait until that new logo is unveiled and this challenge series is officially set to ask for designs for that logo, as I intend the patch for that will include both league's logos.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Curtis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:55 am

Rob Holecko wrote:Very nice Curtis, I can't wait to see them.

There has been some delays behind the scenes with getting the UWFFL going as I have been testing my simulating process endless times to ensure that it will lead to competitive fairness for all teams.  Our simulating process will be entirely different than the GSL process that Austin uses, and I want to ensure it is entirely fair before I unveil it.

But rest assured there is still plenty of time as we prepare to relaunch with the 2021 Fall Season.  The 2020 Champions League will be set to commence the week after the GSL Season ends, and in the mean time as testing continues, we can condense the time needed to simulate the remaining past seasons to catch up as necessary without problem.  We will not start it until I am satisfied with my simulation process, which as of now I am about 98% of the way toward finalizing it.

Soon I will open up a thread for prospective new owners to submit their concepts for expansion teams and outline the process.

Also I would like to propose that one of the weeks of the 2022 GSL Preseason be a "GSL teams vs UWFFL teams" Exhibition Challenge series.  It will be at the very end of the UWFFL season.  I propose that GSL teams and their nearby UWFFL teams will face off in games.

We will randomly select half of the games to be played at the GSL team's home stadium under GSL rules and the other half will be played at the UWFFL team's home stadium under UWFFL rules.   When we confirm dates for that series, we will release exact dates for the UWFFL season, however it will start the week after the 2021 Champions League, which will run from roughly August 8 - September 6 (Labor Day). The UWFFL Fall Season will kickoff Thursday, September 9.

I think it would be an exciting crossover, and I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on it.  I would like to have a patch/logo for this, however, we will be redesigning the UWFFL logo in the near future, to bring it up to par with the GSL logo, so we will wait until that new logo is unveiled and this challenge series is officially set to ask for designs for that logo, as I intend the patch for that will include both league's logos.

The GSL will gladly participate in a preseason exhibition challenge series. We can work out the details on which pre-season week that will take place in the GSL off season.

Other note, the GSL All-Star Game, although is displayed on the site now as the week before the Gridiron Bowl, is actually supposed to be scheduled on August 8th, now that the (to be named) "Conference Runner Up" game is to be scheduled on the week before the Gridiron Bowl. So I'm not sure how that may effect the Champions League schedule.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Rob Holecko, 92Mafia and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:08 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:The GSL will gladly participate in a preseason exhibition challenge series. We can work out the details on which pre-season week that will take place in the GSL off season.

Other note, the GSL All-Star Game, although is displayed on the site now as the week before the Gridiron Bowl, is actually supposed to be scheduled on August 8th, now that the (to be named) "Conference Runner Up" game is to be scheduled on the week before the Gridiron Bowl. So I'm not sure how that may effect the Champions League schedule.

That's no problem, we will adjust accordingly and The Champions League will start August 15th then, I imagine.  It's all still 'subject to change' so there is flexibility in there, and when we figure out which weekend the challenge series will be, I will be able to finalize the UWFFL Schedule.  As of now, I am imagining the UWFFL Bowl will be the Sunday after Super Bowl LVI, Sunday, February 13th, 2022, our Semi-finals will be Saturday, February 5th.  So possibly the (post-season for us) Challenge Series could be scheduled for the weekend of February 20, 2022, and could fit on whichever weekend of the GSL preseason that would fit.  (Assuming the GSL schedule would be similar to this years and start soon after the Super Bowl.)  But that is still subject to change and not set in stone.

(The UWFFL Premier League will not have a postseason All-Star Game/Pro Bowl type of event; but there will be a All-Star double header at some point in January with teams representing the four Division II leagues facing off.)

At any rate, we have a few weeks to play with, so pushing back the Champions League a week won't be a problem.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

92Mafia and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Guevara Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:12 pm

Hi Rob,

I wanted to ask some questions. can I be apart of this and start my own team? I noticed some teams templates are different and wondered what the rules on that are. And you said something about fall 2021, is that when new teams can be founded?

Thanks

-Ethan Guevara
Ethan Guevara
Ethan Guevara

Drew Abernathy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:07 am

Yes and yes... I will address Fall 2021 expansion in the next episode that comes out and discuss the different templates, but the major difference is La Lega uniforms jersey front require logo or design instead of front number,  player number small in the upper left and home country flag in the upper right, La Lega crest on pants...  other leagues are generally standard with league logo to upper right of jersey and UWFFL basic logo (no words) to upper left of pants.

But if you have an expansion concept go ahead and prepare it and if you have any other specific questions about uniforms or anything else let me know here.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Ethan Guevara, 92Mafia and Drew Abernathy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down