The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSL 2021 Week 6

5 posters

Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:25 am

Week 6 kicks off tonight with the Atoms at the Eagles.

Albuquerque @ Arizona 3/25 8:15PM
The Eagles want to continue their 5-0 start with another win on Thursday night. They again find themselves as sizable favorites.
ARZ -8
o/u 48

Salt Lake @ GSL Development 3/27 2:30PM (Exhibition)
Another Exhibition game is set for this Saturday. Both teams are hoping that there isn't another scoreboard malfunction.

Toronto @ Atlanta 3/28 1:00PM
Atlanta is looking at another rough game, as they are playing host to the Terror. The Terror are trying to keep pace with the unstoppable Keystones in the north division.
TOR -9.5
o/u 50.5

Wisconsin @ Louisiana 3/28 1:00PM
The Stags are hoping to keep on the right path with a game they should win against the Royals, as Louisiana's rough season is set to continue.
WIS -9.5
o/u 45.5

Pennsylvania @ Jacksonville 3/28 1:00PM
In another North vs South division matchup, the North division team is another big favorite on the road. It will take a monumental upset for the Captains to knock off the Keystones, who have been looking strong all season.
PEN -17
o/u 43

Cincinnati @ Louisville 3/28 1:00PM
The last North vs South matchup of the week looks to be much closer, as the North division's last place Knights take on the South division's first place Lightning. The Knights, who started the season rough, is trying to turn things around, and get to .500 with a win.
CIN -2
o/u 53

San Diego @ Memphis 3/28 1:00PM
The Breakers are in for another high scoring game, and they're going to need to score to beat a Memphis team that has not played up to their potential yet this season, but who could turn the season around, starting this week.
MEM -13
o/u 63

Colorado @ Las Vegas 3/28 4:30PM
The Outlaws finally got their first win last week with a win over the Bluebirds. They will be in a tight one in a West division rivalry matchup against the 4-1 Cabras.
LV -0.5
o/u 50.5

Seattle @ San Antonio 3/28 4:30PM
The Texans will be bringing their high flying offense back home, hoping to make up for last week's performance. The defense again needs to find a way to improve. The Sockeyes have been a back and forth team all year, but a win today might get them off the bubble, into a playoff contender role.
SA -5.5
o/u 60.5

Oakland @ Dallas 3/28 4:30PM
In this week's GSL game of the week, the Pacific division's top team squares off against a Dallas team that has shown some potential. A win for Dallas will improve their outlook on the season, while a win for Oakland could further separate them in the Pacific. This game is shaping up to be a close one.
DAL -0.5
o/u 45.5

Norfolk @ Baltimore 3/28 8:15PM
We will have a good matchup of East division rivals in the Sunday night game. The Commanders and Bluebirds both sit at the bottom of their division, so a division win Sunday night will be huge moving forward. The Commanders are coming off a loss at the Cabras, while the Bluebirds are also coming off a loss at the Outlaws. In a tight East division, this game means a lot in the early season.
BAL -0.5
o/u 45.5

Los Angeles @ St. Louis 3/29 8:15PM
The Monday night spotlight may be the Brewers first chance to shine on the season. A 0-5 start is not what they expected coming into the year, but their first win is a possibility against the Express, who are again underdogs. The Express, however, have found ways to win tight games they weren't expected to stand a chance in.
STL -10.5
o/u 45.5

Bye weeks also star this week, with two teams on bye:
Miami Sol
Washington Stars
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:28 pm

The Thursday night game finished with the Eagles continuing their hot start to the 2021 season, and the Atoms suffering another divisional loss, putting them in a tough spot in the Western Conference.

The next game on the schedule is the second Exhibition game between the Trappers and GSL development team.
This game is scheduled for 2:30PM on Saturday, but this is a tentative time (I would like to be available for the start of the game, to make sure it start correctly). So, I may have to move the start time back, if I am not available at the game start time, or if the game doesn't start correctly.

Another note on that game, I put auto refresh code in for the Game center page and the detailed game page, so you should not have to refresh the page, that will be automatic. (In fact, refreshing the game center page could mess up the simulation part at the game start time).
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  NeauXone Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:40 pm

A question, since I'm not too familiar with website coding: How would refreshing throw off the simulation?
NeauXone
NeauXone

Posts : 389
Join date : 2020-11-01

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:17 pm

NeauXone wrote:A question, since I'm not too familiar with website coding: How would refreshing throw off the simulation?

Maybe this is bad code on my part, which I will need to find a better solution for, but, the first person who enters the GSL Game Center, when the server time hits game time, it will be their browser that will kick off the code that simulates the game. This process takes about 30 to 45 seconds to complete. If that person refreshes the page quickly enough, this will stop the simulation process, and the game may end up not simulated, but the database thinks that the game is still live, and has all of the needed data, when it in fact will not.

I'd like to figure out how I can get a cronjob running on the host server itself (we rent the space, so it may not be possible), that would automatically kick off these simulations at game times, so it wouldn't be dependent on some other person in a browser.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:29 pm

Kickoff of todays Exhibition game is moments away.
I believe the server time is a little behind actual time, so the game should start showing up in the game center by 2:35PM.

** EDIT ** And we are underway!
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  NeauXone Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:56 pm

Seems like there might be a few plays missing in the play-by-play. Only problem I can see so far, the simulation is running perfectly otherwise.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Posts : 389
Join date : 2020-11-01

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:02 pm

NeauXone wrote:Seems like there might be a few plays missing in the play-by-play. Only problem I can see so far, the simulation is running perfectly otherwise.

Yes, the first extra point attempt is missing. That play was actually a failed two point conversion attempt, that didn't seem to make it's way into the play by play.

Looks like the score summary has the teams backwards (I know the cause of this, I'll have to fix later). I can fix the score summary for this game soon, but it won't be a fix for future games just yet.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  NeauXone Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:06 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
NeauXone wrote:Seems like there might be a few plays missing in the play-by-play. Only problem I can see so far, the simulation is running perfectly otherwise.

Yes, the first extra point attempt is missing. That play was actually a failed two point conversion attempt, that didn't seem to make it's way into the play by play.

Looks like the score summary has the teams backwards (I know the cause of this, I'll have to fix later). I can fix the score summary for this game soon, but it won't be a fix for future games just yet.
I was referring to that but also a play on the last Salt Lake drive where the ball moves from their own 36 to the opponent's 35 off of only a 14 yard pass play. Then I realized it was probably a penalty on that play that doesn't show up in the play by play.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Posts : 389
Join date : 2020-11-01

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:17 pm

NeauXone wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:
NeauXone wrote:Seems like there might be a few plays missing in the play-by-play. Only problem I can see so far, the simulation is running perfectly otherwise.

Yes, the first extra point attempt is missing. That play was actually a failed two point conversion attempt, that didn't seem to make it's way into the play by play.

Looks like the score summary has the teams backwards (I know the cause of this, I'll have to fix later). I can fix the score summary for this game soon, but it won't be a fix for future games just yet.
I was referring to that but also a play on the last Salt Lake drive where the ball moves from their own 36 to the opponent's 35 off of only a 14 yard pass play. Then I realized it was probably a penalty on that play that doesn't show up in the play by play.

Yes, likely a post play penalty.
Some of the game data I'm pulling from isn't as reliable.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:37 pm

I found the NFL game that this GSL game is mapped to, and there just seems to be no data on the extra point after the pick 6.

Nothing I can do about that when that happens, but at least the score is correct, and the play by play that does exist is correct.

I did however find an error in the way the box score got calculated, and fixed that, as well as the score summary. The box score attributed an extra point to the wrong team in the first quarter (it was only incorrect on the website briefly after the first quarter ended). I don't know why that happened. Might be an error in the NFL data that I'm pulling from.

The score summary, again had the teams backwards.
What I do in mapping games, is I find a game where the score is the same as the simulated GSL game score. Doesn't matter who is home or away in either game. So I run into errors, where the NFL to GSL mapping has the NFL away team scoring the GSL home team amount of points, and the NFL home team scores the GSL away team amount of points. So I just have to look for that before populating the GSL score summary data.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:05 pm

I think this game went mostly okay, with only a few errors that I have already fixed, or am in the process of fixing.
One of which is that the final score is flipped on the weekly, page. GSL won 26-24.
I will fix the score, and the other fixes have pretty much been completed by now.

Box Score
1 2 3 4 Total
SL 7 10 7 0 24
GSL 12 0 0 14 26


Score Summary
SL GSL Qtr Time Scoring Team Score Type Description
0 3 1 10:45 GSL Field Goal 49 yard field goal attempt good.
0 9 1 10:37 GSL Touchdown Pass short left intercepted, returned for a touchdown.
6 9 1 8:08 SL Touchdown Run right tackle for 9 yards for a touchdown.
7 9 1 8:08 SL Extra Point Extra point attempt good.
7 12 1 1:03 GSL Field Goal 23 yard field goal attempt good.
10 12 2 11:12 SL Field Goal 20 yard field goal attempt good.
16 12 2 0:32 SL Touchdown Pass complete deep left for 80 yards for a touchdown.
17 12 2 0:32 SL Extra Point Extra point attempt good.
23 12 3 3:42 SL Touchdown Pass complete short right for 4 yards for a touchdown.
24 12 3 3:42 SL Extra Point Extra point attempt good.
24 18 4 14:51 GSL Touchdown Run middle for 5 yards for a touchdown.
24 19 4 14:51 GSL Extra Point Extra point attempt good.
24 25 4 9:01 GSL Touchdown Pass complete short left for 12 yards for a touchdown.
24 26 4 9:01 GSL Extra Point Extra point attempt good.


Play by Play
SL GSL Qtr Play Start Play End Pos. Ball On Down To Go Description
0 0 1 15:00 14:53 GSL SL 35 -- -- Kickoff, 32 yard return.
0 0 1 14:53 14:22 GSL Own 32 1 10 Run left end for 12 yards.
0 0 1 14:22 13:45 GSL Own 44 1 10 Run right tackle for 0 yards.
0 0 1 13:45 13:04 GSL Own 44 2 10 Run left guard for 19 yards.
0 0 1 13:04 12:22 GSL SL 37 1 10 Run left tackle for 5 yards.
0 0 1 12:22 11:36 GSL SL 32 2 5 Run right guard for -1 yard.
0 0 1 11:36 10:51 GSL SL 33 3 6 Run left end for 2 yards.
0 0 1 10:51 10:45 GSL SL 31 4 4 49 yard field goal attempt good.
0 3 1 10:45 10:45 SL GSL 35 -- -- Kickoff, no return.
0 3 1 10:45 10:37 SL Own 20 1 10 Pass short left intercepted, returned for a touchdown.
0 9 1 10:37 10:30 SL GSL 35 -- -- Kickoff 54 yards, 22 yard return.
0 9 1 10:30 9:56 SL Own 33 1 10 Run left end for 3 yards.
0 9 1 9:56 9:35 SL Own 36 2 7 Pass complete short right for 14 yards.
0 9 1 9:35 8:50 SL GSL 35 1 10 Run right tackle for 3 yards.
0 9 1 8:50 8:15 SL GSL 32 2 7 Pass complete deep right for 23 yards.
0 9 1 8:15 8:08 SL GSL 9 1 9 Run right tackle for 9 yards for a touchdown.
6 9 1 8:08 8:08 SL GSL 2 -- -- Extra point attempt good.
7 9 1 8:08 8:02 GSL SL 35 -- -- Kickoff, 24 yard return.
7 9 1 8:02 7:20 GSL Own 10 1 10 Pass complete short right for 3 yards.
7 9 1 7:20 6:41 GSL Own 13 2 7 Pass complete short right for 19 yards.
7 9 1 6:41 6:01 GSL Own 32 1 10 Run right guard for 0 yards.
7 9 1 6:01 5:26 GSL Own 32 2 10 Pass complete short right for 8 yards.
7 9 1 5:26 4:45 GSL Own 40 3 2 Pass complete short right for 4 yards.
7 9 1 4:45 4:01 GSL Own 44 1 10 Pass complete deep middle for 23 yards.
7 9 1 4:01 3:20 GSL SL 33 1 10 Run right guard for 12 yards.
7 9 1 3:20 2:36 GSL SL 21 1 10 Run right end for 1 yard.
7 9 1 2:36 2:30 GSL SL 20 2 9 Pass deep left incomplete.
7 9 1 2:30 2:00 GSL SL 20 3 9 Pass complete short right for 14 yards.
7 9 1 2:00 1:17 GSL SL 6 1 6 Run middle for 1 yard.
7 9 1 1:17 1:13 GSL SL 5 2 5 Pass short left incomplete.
7 9 1 1:13 1:08 GSL SL 5 3 5 Pass short left incomplete.
7 9 1 1:08 1:03 GSL SL 5 4 5 23 yard field goal attempt good.
7 12 1 1:03 0:56 SL GSL 35 -- -- Kickoff 45 yards, 20 yard return.
7 12 1 0:56 0:19 SL Own 40 1 10 Run right guard for 9 yards.
7 12 1 0:19 0:00 SL Own 49 2 1 Run left guard for 3 yards.
7 12 1 0:00 15:00 SL -- -- -- End of 1st quarter
7 12 2 15:00 14:16 SL GSL 48 1 10 Pass complete deep right for 17 yards.
7 12 2 14:16 13:36 SL GSL 31 1 10 Run right tackle for 1 yard.
7 12 2 13:36 12:47 SL GSL 30 2 9 Pass complete short left for 23 yards.
7 12 2 12:47 12:43 SL GSL 7 1 7 Pass short left incomplete.
7 12 2 12:43 12:01 SL GSL 7 2 7 Run middle for 5 yards.
7 12 2 12:01 11:16 SL GSL 2 3 2 Run middle for 0 yards.
7 12 2 11:16 11:12 SL GSL 2 4 2 20 yard field goal attempt good.
10 12 2 11:12 11:07 GSL SL 35 -- -- Kickoff, 27 yard return.
10 12 2 11:07 11:00 GSL Own 25 1 10 Pass deep right incomplete.
10 12 2 11:00 10:17 GSL Own 25 2 10 Run left guard for -1 yard.
10 12 2 10:17 9:32 GSL Own 24 3 11 QB sacked on the play for -9 yards.
10 12 2 9:32 9:21 GSL Own 15 4 20 Punt 38 yards, 1 yard return.
10 12 2 9:21 9:17 SL Own 48 1 10 Pass short left incomplete.
10 12 2 9:17 8:33 SL Own 48 2 10 Pass complete short left for -5 yards.
10 12 2 8:33 7:49 SL Own 43 3 15 Pass complete short middle for 12 yards.
10 12 2 7:49 7:41 SL GSL 45 4 3 Punt 32 yards, no return.
10 12 2 7:41 7:02 GSL Own 13 1 10 Pass complete short left for 2 yards.
10 12 2 7:02 6:24 GSL Own 15 2 8 Pass complete short right for 11 yards.
10 12 2 6:24 5:40 GSL Own 26 1 10 Pass complete short right for -5 yards.
10 12 2 5:40 4:55 GSL Own 21 2 15 Pass complete short left for 9 yards.
10 12 2 4:55 4:27 GSL Own 30 3 6 Penalty: 5 yard penalty on GSL for False Start.
10 12 2 4:27 3:57 GSL Own 25 3 11 Pass complete deep left for 17 yards.
10 12 2 3:57 3:16 GSL Own 42 1 10 Run left end for 7 yards.
10 12 2 3:16 2:42 GSL Own 49 2 3 Run middle for 9 yards.
10 12 2 2:42 2:02 GSL SL 42 1 10 Run right tackle for 3 yards.
10 12 2 2:02 1:55 GSL SL 39 2 7 QB sacked on the play for -1 yard.
10 12 2 1:55 1:55 SL -- -- -- Two minute warning
10 12 2 1:55 1:15 GSL SL 40 3 8 Pass complete short right for 9 yards.
10 12 2 1:15 1:05 GSL SL 31 1 10 Pass complete short left for 11 yards.
10 12 2 1:05 1:05 GSL SL 31 -- -- Timeout GSL; GSL has 2 timeouts remaining.
10 12 2 1:05 1:00 GSL SL 20 1 10 Pass deep right incomplete.
10 12 2 1:00 0:52 GSL SL 20 2 10 Run left tackle for 3 yards.
10 12 2 0:52 0:52 GSL SL 20 -- -- Timeout GSL; GSL has 1 timeout remaining.
10 12 2 0:52 0:44 GSL SL 17 3 7 Pass deep middle intercepted.
10 12 2 0:44 0:32 SL Own 20 1 10 Pass complete deep left for 80 yards for a touchdown.
16 12 2 0:32 0:32 SL GSL 2 -- -- Extra point attempt good.
17 12 2 0:32 0:23 GSL SL 35 -- -- Kickoff 63 yards, 18 yard return.
17 12 2 0:23 0:16 GSL Own 20 1 10 Pass deep right incomplete.
17 12 2 0:16 0:00 GSL Own 20 2 10 QB sacked on the play for -1 yard.
17 12 2 0:00 15:00 SL -- -- -- End of 2nd quarter
17 12 3 15:00 14:54 SL GSL 35 -- -- Kickoff, 21 yard return.
17 12 3 14:54 14:22 SL Own 21 1 10 Run left tackle for 6 yards.
17 12 3 14:22 13:38 SL Own 27 2 4 Run left tackle for 2 yards.
17 12 3 13:38 13:32 SL Own 29 3 2 Pass short middle incomplete.
17 12 3 13:32 13:16 SL Own 29 4 2 Punt 51 yards, 14 yard return.
17 12 3 13:16 12:42 GSL Own 24 1 10 Run left tackle for 5 yards.
17 12 3 12:42 12:03 GSL Own 29 2 5 Run left tackle for 6 yards.
17 12 3 12:03 11:58 GSL Own 35 1 10 Pass deep left incomplete.
17 12 3 11:58 11:18 GSL Own 35 2 10 Pass complete short right for 11 yards.
17 12 3 11:18 10:35 GSL Own 46 1 10 Pass complete short right for 4 yards.
17 12 3 10:35 9:49 GSL 50 2 6 QB sacked on the play for -8 yards.
17 12 3 9:49 9:05 GSL Own 42 3 14 QB sacked on the play for -8 yards.
17 12 3 9:05 8:58 GSL Own 34 4 22 Punt 43 yards, no return.
17 12 3 8:58 8:23 SL Own 23 1 10 Pass complete short right for 18 yards.
17 12 3 8:23 7:48 SL Own 41 1 10 Run left tackle for 4 yards.
17 12 3 7:48 7:41 SL Own 45 2 6 Pass deep left incomplete.
17 12 3 7:41 7:05 SL Own 45 3 6 Pass complete short right for 10 yards.
17 12 3 7:05 6:34 SL GSL 45 1 10 Penalty: 10 yard penalty on SL for Offensive Holding.
17 12 3 6:34 6:01 SL Own 45 1 20 Pass complete short left for 36 yards.
17 12 3 6:01 6:01 SL Own 45 -- -- Timeout SL; SL has 2 timeouts remaining.
17 12 3 6:01 5:23 SL GSL 19 1 10 Pass complete short right for 9 yards.
17 12 3 5:23 5:17 SL GSL 10 2 1 Pass short left incomplete.
17 12 3 5:17 4:36 SL GSL 10 3 1 Run right guard for 2 yards.
17 12 3 4:36 3:53 SL GSL 8 1 8 Run middle for 4 yards.
17 12 3 3:53 3:48 SL GSL 4 2 4 Pass short middle incomplete.
17 12 3 3:48 3:42 SL GSL 4 3 4 Pass complete short right for 4 yards for a touchdown.
23 12 3 3:42 3:42 SL GSL 2 -- -- Extra point attempt good.
24 12 3 3:42 3:36 GSL SL 35 -- -- Kickoff 59 yards, 22 yard return.
24 12 3 3:36 3:28 GSL Own 28 1 10 Pass deep left incomplete.
24 12 3 3:28 2:45 GSL Own 28 2 10 Run left tackle for 7 yards.
24 12 3 2:45 1:58 GSL Own 35 3 3 Run left end for 4 yards.
24 12 3 1:58 1:29 GSL Own 39 1 10 Run right end for 27 yards.
24 12 3 1:29 0:52 GSL SL 34 1 10 Run left tackle for 11 yards.
24 12 3 0:52 0:10 GSL SL 23 1 10 Run right guard for 2 yards.
24 12 3 0:10 0:00 GSL SL 21 2 8 Pass complete short right for 16 yards.
24 12 3 0:00 15:00 SL -- -- -- End of 3rd quarter
24 12 4 15:00 14:51 GSL SL 5 1 5 Run middle for 5 yards for a touchdown.
24 18 4 14:51 14:51 GSL SL 2 -- -- Extra point attempt good.
24 19 4 14:51 14:42 SL GSL 35 -- -- Kickoff 63 yards, 30 yard return.
24 19 4 14:42 14:03 SL Own 32 1 10 Run right end for -3 yards.
24 19 4 14:03 13:16 SL Own 29 2 13 Pass complete short left for 7 yards.
24 19 4 13:16 13:11 SL Own 36 3 6 Pass short middle incomplete.
24 19 4 13:11 13:03 SL Own 36 4 6 Punt 29 yards, no return.
24 19 4 13:03 12:21 GSL Own 35 1 10 Run right guard for 10 yards.
24 19 4 12:21 11:50 GSL Own 45 1 10 Pass complete short left for 15 yards.
24 19 4 11:50 11:45 GSL SL 40 1 10 Pass deep left incomplete.
24 19 4 11:45 11:12 GSL SL 40 2 10 Pass complete short left for 8 yards.
24 19 4 11:12 10:33 GSL SL 32 3 2 Pass complete short left for 10 yards.
24 19 4 10:33 9:52 GSL SL 22 1 10 Run middle for 4 yards.
24 19 4 9:52 9:07 GSL SL 18 2 6 Run left tackle for 6 yards.
24 19 4 9:07 9:01 GSL SL 12 1 10 Pass complete short left for 12 yards for a touchdown.
24 25 4 9:01 9:01 GSL SL 2 -- -- Extra point attempt good.
24 26 4 9:01 8:52 SL GSL 35 -- -- Kickoff 60 yards, 31 yard return.
24 26 4 8:52 8:29 SL Own 36 1 10 Pass complete short left for 10 yards.
24 26 4 8:29 7:50 SL Own 46 1 10 Run middle for 1 yard.
24 26 4 7:50 7:44 SL Own 47 2 9 Pass short left incomplete.
24 26 4 7:44 7:06 SL Own 47 3 9 Pass complete short left for 5 yards.
24 26 4 7:06 6:58 SL GSL 48 4 4 Punt 29 yards, no return.
24 26 4 6:58 6:16 GSL Own 19 1 10 Run middle for 6 yards.
24 26 4 6:16 6:07 GSL Own 25 2 4 Pass short right incomplete.
24 26 4 6:07 6:07 GSL Own 25 -- -- Timeout GSL; GSL has 2 timeouts remaining.
24 26 4 6:07 5:31 GSL Own 25 3 4 Pass complete short right for 6 yards.
24 26 4 5:31 4:50 GSL Own 31 1 10 Run left guard for 10 yards.
24 26 4 4:50 4:06 GSL Own 41 1 10 Run middle for 10 yards.
24 26 4 4:06 3:19 GSL SL 49 1 10 Run middle for 8 yards.
24 26 4 3:19 2:35 GSL SL 41 2 2 Run middle for 3 yards.
24 26 4 2:35 2:00 GSL SL 38 1 10 Run left guard for 8 yards.
24 26 4 2:00 2:00 SL -- -- -- Two minute warning
24 26 4 2:00 1:54 GSL SL 30 2 2 Run right guard for 5 yards.
24 26 4 1:54 1:54 GSL SL 30 -- -- Timeout SL; SL has 0 timeouts remaining.
24 26 4 1:54 1:11 GSL SL 25 1 10 Run middle for -1 yard.
24 26 4 1:11 0:33 GSL SL 26 2 11 QB Kneel.
24 26 4 0:33 0:00 GSL SL 27 3 12 QB Kneel.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Drew Abernathy likes this post

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Drew Abernathy Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:16 pm

Cool to watch in real time. Bummer we lost again, but we'll learn from this going into next season.
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Posts : 172
Join date : 2021-03-13
Location : Houston Area, TX

NeauXone likes this post

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:33 am

Today's Toronto @ Atlanta game has been moved to 6:30PM to Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, AL.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  NeauXone Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:58 am

So after the recent scrimmage, what does the timetable look like for live implementation?
NeauXone
NeauXone

Posts : 389
Join date : 2020-11-01

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Rafael Menoncin Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:07 pm

great atmosphere for today's game
GSL 2021 Week 6 198_se10
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Posts : 166
Join date : 2021-01-14
Age : 21

Rob Holecko, Austin Snelick and 92Mafia like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:19 pm

NeauXone wrote:So after the recent scrimmage, what does the timetable look like for live implementation?

I want to work on a couple more things tomorrow, and then have the Monday night game tomorrow night be live.
If that goes well, then the Thursday night game in Week 7 will be live.
And if that goes well, then I'll make all the Easter Sunday games live.

I want all of those situations to go well before making all games live. I'm not sure how making multiple games live at once will be handled by the system (as in games that all start at the same time), so I really want individual games to go well first.

I also want to point out how disputable scores will work. I have the results of the actual simulation stored in the database, so no matter what happens in the game center, the game has already been simulated, and that will be the official score. I'll check in on games to make sure the simulation is going as expected, otherwise, I'll post about what happened, and what the actual score should be, and I can produce the actual database data to back up what the real score should be.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  NeauXone Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:25 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
NeauXone wrote:So after the recent scrimmage, what does the timetable look like for live implementation?

I want to work on a couple more things tomorrow, and then have the Monday night game tomorrow night be live.
If that goes well, then the Thursday night game in Week 7 will be live.
And if that goes well, then I'll make all the Easter Sunday games live.

I want all of those situations to go well before making all games live. I'm not sure how making multiple games live at once will be handled by the system (as in games that all start at the same time), so I really want individual games to go well first.

I also want to point out how disputable scores will work. I have the results of the actual simulation stored in the database, so no matter what happens in the game center, the game has already been simulated, and that will be the official score. I'll check in on games to make sure the simulation is going as expected, otherwise, I'll post about what happened, and what the actual score should be, and I can produce the actual database data to back up what the real score should be.
If need be, I can volunteer the Lightning for an exhibition game to test multiple games running at once.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Posts : 389
Join date : 2020-11-01

Drew Abernathy likes this post

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Drew Abernathy Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:09 pm


If need be, I can volunteer the Lightning for an exhibition game to test multiple games running at once.[/quote]

The Trappers are willing to Barnstorm if you would like.
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Posts : 172
Join date : 2021-03-13
Location : Houston Area, TX

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Rafael Menoncin Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:15 pm

GSL 2021 Week 6 209_se11
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Posts : 166
Join date : 2021-01-14
Age : 21

Untitled0717 and 92Mafia like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:17 pm

Drew Abernathy wrote:
If need be, I can volunteer the Lightning for an exhibition game to test multiple games running at once.

The Trappers are willing to Barnstorm if you would like.

We can try that week 7. We can bring the Trappers back home against the GSL Development team Thursday night, and schedule that game for 8:15PM, at the same time as LSV @ PEN. This is assuming the Monday night game goes well. The only thing that concerns me about multiple games at once, is the games starting correctly, so if these games start correctly, then they should go well.

I'll put the game in the schedule now, (and maybe we will get to see the Trappers alternate uniforms for this game?)
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Drew Abernathy likes this post

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Drew Abernathy Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:44 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
Drew Abernathy wrote:
If need be, I can volunteer the Lightning for an exhibition game to test multiple games running at once.

The Trappers are willing to Barnstorm if you would like.

We can try that week 7. We can bring the Trappers back home against the GSL Development team Thursday night, and schedule that game for 8:15PM, at the same time as LSV @ PEN. This is assuming the Monday night game goes well. The only thing that concerns me about multiple games at once, is the games starting correctly, so if these games start correctly, then they should go well.

I'll put the game in the schedule now, (and maybe we will get to see the Trappers alternate uniforms for this game?)

I think we will see them in their Color Rush!

Trap City's gonna be wired!

(have I sent them to you?)
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Posts : 172
Join date : 2021-03-13
Location : Houston Area, TX

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:48 pm

Drew Abernathy wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:
Drew Abernathy wrote:
If need be, I can volunteer the Lightning for an exhibition game to test multiple games running at once.

The Trappers are willing to Barnstorm if you would like.

We can try that week 7. We can bring the Trappers back home against the GSL Development team Thursday night, and schedule that game for 8:15PM, at the same time as LSV @ PEN. This is assuming the Monday night game goes well. The only thing that concerns me about multiple games at once, is the games starting correctly, so if these games start correctly, then they should go well.

I'll put the game in the schedule now, (and maybe we will get to see the Trappers alternate uniforms for this game?)

I think we will see them in their Color Rush!

Trap City's gonna be wired!

(have I sent them to you?)

I have these:
GSL 2021 Week 6 SL_H2

If the Trappers wear these, I'll put the GSL team in navy for a little color on color.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Drew Abernathy likes this post

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Drew Abernathy Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:50 pm

Those are the ones!
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Posts : 172
Join date : 2021-03-13
Location : Houston Area, TX

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  cjlaz1313 Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:22 am

Week 6: LA @ STL

Grey Helmet
White Jersey
Grey Pants
Red Socks
Black Cleats

GSL 2021 Week 6 LA_A1

#AllAboard

cjlaz1313
Guest


Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:22 pm

Week 6 concludes with the Los Angeles Express at the St. Louis Brewers.

Also, reminder that tonight's game will be live!
I have the actual simulated score on hand as soon as the game goes live, and I'll email it to Rob, so that in case anything goes wrong with the live game and score, Rob can back me up as to what the actual score was supposed to be.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Rob Holecko likes this post

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:35 pm

Tonight's game has started with no problems. The database looks good, and I emailed Rob the final score, in case the final score posts wrong (but to those watching live, the final score in the game center should be the correct score).

One thing I will have to fix is the time between plays. This game looks like it's going to run a little long tonight. The timestamp on the last play is 12:25AM Eastern time, so this is a 4+ hour game, so sorry for that. This is something that should be a quick fix before Thursday night's double matchup.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  NeauXone Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:09 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:Tonight's game has started with no problems. The database looks good, and I emailed Rob the final score, in case the final score posts wrong (but to those watching live, the final score in the game center should be the correct score).

One thing I will have to fix is the time between plays. This game looks like it's going to run a little long tonight. The timestamp on the last play is 12:25AM Eastern time, so this is a 4+ hour game, so sorry for that. This is something that should be a quick fix before Thursday night's double matchup.
I just realized something that could cause some inconsistencies with the game simulations, and although I feel like it would be a slightly easy fix, at the same time it's a bit limiting.
Some of the scores you're pulling from could be from times with wildly different rulesets, for example a score from 2006 would result in XPs from the 2 yard line and kickoffs from the 30 (which may not matter as much), but the touchbacks would start at the 20 instead of the 25 which creates some inconsistency.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Posts : 389
Join date : 2020-11-01

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Rob Holecko Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:04 pm

I can confirm that I have received a final score for verification purposes if anything should go foo-bar. On a side note, I tried to get in on to some sports book wagering sites, but unfortunately no one would take my GSL action.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Rob Holecko Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:01 am

Well the final score did post wrong, it says 31 - 21, and Austin emailed me that the correct final score is actually St. Louis 31, Los Angeles 20. I tried to update it, however the website is still showing 31-21. Apparently the auto-posting overrides manually changing it from the update page Austin has that I can access. So he will look at it tomorrow, I'm sure.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:57 am

NeauXone wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:Tonight's game has started with no problems. The database looks good, and I emailed Rob the final score, in case the final score posts wrong (but to those watching live, the final score in the game center should be the correct score).

One thing I will have to fix is the time between plays. This game looks like it's going to run a little long tonight. The timestamp on the last play is 12:25AM Eastern time, so this is a 4+ hour game, so sorry for that. This is something that should be a quick fix before Thursday night's double matchup.
I just realized something that could cause some inconsistencies with the game simulations, and although I feel like it would be a slightly easy fix, at the same time it's a bit limiting.
Some of the scores you're pulling from could be from times with wildly different rulesets, for example a score from 2006 would result in XPs from the 2 yard line and kickoffs from the 30 (which may not matter as much), but the touchbacks would start at the 20 instead of the 25 which creates some inconsistency.

You probably noticed that last night's game had the kickoffs starting from the 30, and kickoff touchbacks going to the 20. Last nights game was based on a SEA@ARZ game in 2009.

The good news is, this does not affect the simulation one bit right now. The simulation happens first, in the same method it has happened all season long. All I do is map that simulated score to a game. When basing an actual play by play simulation off the NFL data I have, this will also not be a problem, because in the simulation, I will just look at how far a kickoff went, so it doesn't matter where it was kicked from, and I can just pull extra point attempts from recent years.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

NeauXone likes this post

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:59 am

Rob Holecko wrote:Well the final score did post wrong, it says 31 - 21, and Austin emailed me that the correct final score is actually St. Louis 31, Los Angeles 20.  I tried to update it, however the website is still showing 31-21.  Apparently the auto-posting overrides manually changing it from the update page Austin has that I can access.  So he will look at it tomorrow, I'm sure.

Thanks Rob. I updated the score.
The update score page was broken a little bit, but I fixed it, so in the future you should be able to use it.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the scores showing up wrong on the weekly pages. Did the score simulate at 11:15PM last night, as it would normally? Even if it did, the end of the play by play should have overwritten that score, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Other than that, and the total game time being over 4 hours, I think last night's game went well.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:00 am

Score Summary from last night, to backup the actual score:
GSL 2021 Week 6 Ap8zJWo
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Rob Holecko Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:35 am

Austin Snelick wrote:Did the score simulate at 11:15PM last night, as it would normally? Even if it did, the end of the play by play should have overwritten that score, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Other than that, and the total game time being over 4 hours, I think last night's game went well.

Honestly I can't say as I didn't look at the weekly or game view between 11:15 PM and when the PxP was over. I just had the Game Center open in a window until the game was over. I think it looks and worked mostly great.

Just curious, do you know exactly how the one point discrepancy happened? Was it an extra point that should have been missed that counted as made or something like that?
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:01 am

Rob Holecko wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:Did the score simulate at 11:15PM last night, as it would normally? Even if it did, the end of the play by play should have overwritten that score, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Other than that, and the total game time being over 4 hours, I think last night's game went well.

Honestly I can't say as I didn't look at the weekly or game view between 11:15 PM and when the PxP was over.  I just had the Game Center open in a window until the game was over.  I think it looks and worked mostly great.

Just curious, do you know exactly how the one point discrepancy happened?  Was it an extra point that should have been missed that counted as made or something like that?

No, I think the score that showed up in the weekly page was a completely different simulation, that just happened to be almost the exact same score.

I'm going to do some testing today to try and fix the problem.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1305
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 6 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 6

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum