The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

5 posters

Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Rob Holecko Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:46 pm

OK so I was looking into having a contest to redesign the main UWFFL logo to something comparable to the GSL logo at some point this summer.

We pretty much knew what we were going to do with it though, it wasn't going to be a full redesign, so instead we are just going to tweak it.  Here is the new UWFFL logo, side-by-side with the GSL logo:

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Logos

However it has just occurred to me that if we are simulating the Fall 2020 UWFFL season coming up starting next week, April 19 - May 2, then we will urgently need a couple postseason logos.

We will have full contests for the same logos for the Fall 2021 season, where we will set up submission in an online album and vote etc., but for these, since time is short it will just be an informal process where we will ask for submissions in this thread and just discuss and choose one by time of the game.

UWFFL Bowl XVI

The UWFFL Bowl is the championship of the Premier League.

Here are the past UWFFL Bowl logos:

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Uwffl_bowls

UWFFL Bowl XIV was held in Atlanta and UWFFL Bowl XV was in Miami.  Submissions for UWFFL Bowl XVI should include the proposed host city in some way, but doesn't have to be exactly like these two, and it isn't required.  Something on par with GSL's Gridiron Bowl logo.

Division II National Championship Game

Also we'll need a logo and a host city for the Division II National Championship Game.  The first one, in February 2014, was called the BCS National Championship Game and was played in Pasadena, California.  The Anchorage Orcas defeated the Florida Geckos.  The second one was played in March 2015, and was the first one using the current name of Division II National Championship Game.  It was played in Glendale, Arizona, and the Little Rock Diamondbacks defeated the Pontiac Prowlers.

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Div2_bowls

Both games had NyQuil (and presented by Vicks) as the title sponsor.  You are not required to use the same or any sponsor.  You may use NyQuil/Vicks, another sponsor, real or imaginary, or none.


Last edited by Rob Holecko on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 47

92Mafia likes this post

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Rafael Menoncin Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:16 pm

I'm not the best when it comes to designing logos, but if you want I can help you design trophies for the UWFFL

I also wanted to propose a game between the UWFFL Champion and the GSL Champion, something similar to the soccer Intercontinental Cup,a tournament between the European champion club and the South American club champion that was disputed between 1960 and 2004, In 2005 the tournament was replaced by the FIFA Club World Cup Which have a similar format. In 2017 FIFA recognized the Intercontinental Cup champions as the world champions from that time period (1960-2004)

From 1980 to 2008 the Intercontinental Cup / FIFA Club World Cup was sponsored by Toyota and held annually at Tokyo National Stadium, Another idea that could be used in this concept.

Here is a logo/trophy model, The name is only a example and can be changed

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos 263_se11


Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2021-01-14
Age : 21

Rob Holecko likes this post

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Rob Holecko Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:25 pm

Rafael Menoncin wrote:I'm not the best when it comes to designing logos, but if you want I can help you design trophies for the UWFFL

I also wanted to propose a game between the UWFFL Champion and the GSL Champion, something similar to the soccer Intercontinental Cup,a tournament between the European champion club and the South American club champion that was disputed between 1960 and 2004, In 2005 the tournament was replaced by the FIFA Club World Cup Which have a similar format. In 2017 FIFA recognized the Intercontinental Cup champions as the world champions from that time period (1960-2004)

From 1980 to 2008 the Intercontinental Cup / FIFA Club World Cup was sponsored by Toyota and held annually at Tokyo National Stadium, Another idea that could be used in this concept.


I love the idea... both the UWFFL Champion and the GSL Champion will be invited to the 8 team Champions League, so I don't know if having another competition for just those two would be redundant or not.  But perhaps the GSL-UWFFL Cup can be the kickoff event right before the Group Play stage of Champions League and then if the same two meet in the Champions League Final, so be it.  

And perhaps the GSL-UWFFL Cup winner can also be an automatic qualifier to receive a spot in the following year's Champions' League.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 47

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Rob Holecko Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:35 pm

In fact we'll let Austin weigh in, but if he'd like, since the Champions' League (and the Union Cup) will be played under UWFFL rules, I would propose that the GSL-UWFFL Cup be played under GSL Simulation rules, if that is something that would be possible for him to do.

What i forsee on doing in the UWFFL simulation for GSL teams in the Champions League is to assign a weighted value of their strengths as a percentile of how they did in their league season against their peers in their league to calculate a comparable value to ensure a fair competition.  I.e. I mean that if the GSL Champion had a regular season record of 16-2 and best record in the league I would assign it a rating for purposes of the Champions league competition equal to that of the best team in the UWFFL...   but if the GSL Champion for instance was 11-7 a wild card team and their winning percentage was at the 84th percentile of GSL teams I would rate them equal to the 84th percentile UWFFL team.  

So if Austin can do something similar in his simulating process for a UWFFL team then I would propose doing this GSL-UWFFL Cup under GSL Simulation rules to differ it from the Champions League and plus give both leagues' Champions a chance to play under the opposite league rules.

I feel like this would create an opportunity for the ultimate yearly achievement, a "treble", that a GSL or a UWFFL team could achieve, which would be winning one's league, the GSL-UWFFL Cup and the Champions' League Cup.

Also scheduling wise this wouldn't be a problem I can squeeze it in at the beginning of the Champions League in August.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 47

92Mafia and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:35 am

Rob Holecko wrote:In fact we'll let Austin weigh in, but if he'd like, since the Champions' League (and the Union Cup) will be played under UWFFL rules, I would propose that the GSL-UWFFL Cup be played under GSL Simulation rules, if that is something that would be possible for him to do.

What i forsee on doing in the UWFFL simulation for GSL teams in the Champions League is to assign a weighted value of their strengths as a percentile of how they did in their league season against their peers in their league to calculate a comparable value to ensure a fair competition.  I.e. I mean that if the GSL Champion had a regular season record of 16-2 and best record in the league I would assign it a rating for purposes of the Champions league competition equal to that of the best team in the UWFFL...   but if the GSL Champion for instance was 11-7 a wild card team and their winning percentage was at the 84th percentile of GSL teams I would rate them equal to the 84th percentile UWFFL team.  

So if Austin can do something similar in his simulating process for a UWFFL team then I would propose doing this GSL-UWFFL Cup under GSL Simulation rules to differ it from the Champions League and plus give both leagues' Champions a chance to play under the opposite league rules.

I feel like this would create an opportunity for the ultimate yearly achievement, a "treble", that a GSL or a UWFFL team could achieve, which would be winning one's league, the GSL-UWFFL Cup and the Champions' League Cup.

Also scheduling wise this wouldn't be a problem I can squeeze it in at the beginning of the Champions League in August.


I'm pretty sure you laid out the correct way to go about playing interleague games with different simulation methods. Question though, how will the simulation be done for the UWFFL?
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2020-10-24
Age : 28
Location : Maryland

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Rob Holecko Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:23 am

Austin Snelick wrote:I'm pretty sure you laid out the correct way to go about playing interleague games with different simulation methods. Question though, how will the simulation be done for the UWFFL?

It is too long to describe in a forum post, but I will be putting out a video explaining the UWFFL simulation method.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 47

Austin Snelick likes this post

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Rob Holecko Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:39 pm

Just bumping this thread. We have decided that UWFFL Bowl XVI will be in Kansas City so if anyone wants to take a crack at that logo now that the host city is decided.

For the Division II National Championship, we still don't have a site, we are open to suggestions if anyone wants to submit one along with a logo for that.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Rafael Menoncin Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:06 pm

Rob Holecko wrote:Just bumping this thread.  We have decided that UWFFL Bowl XVI will be in Kansas City so if anyone wants to take a crack at that logo now that the host city is decided.

For the Division II National Championship, we still don't have a site, we are open to suggestions if anyone wants to submit one along with a logo for that.
how about one last dance for the RFK stadium? I think it would be interesting to have the Division II game there, maybe it could be the last "event" at this historic stadium
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2021-01-14
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Rob Holecko Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:18 pm

That would be fine... Are they tearing that one down too?
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 47

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Curtis Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:03 pm

Division II National Championship 2020 presented by Strontium 90 energy drink - Philadelphia PAUWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Stront10
Curtis
Curtis

Posts : 277
Join date : 2021-02-12
Location : Newfoundland, Canada

Rob Holecko and Austin Snelick like this post

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Rafael Menoncin Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:12 pm

Rob Holecko wrote:That would be fine...  Are they tearing that one down too?
DC wants to demolish the stadium due the high maintenance costs, for now there is no date for the implosion, Some websites say it should be demolished around 2022.

They also say that the Washington Football team has an interest in building a new NFL stadium on the RFK Stadium site

Today I will try to make a logo for the Division II championship game!
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2021-01-14
Age : 21

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Rafael Menoncin Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:02 pm

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos 290_se10
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Posts : 160
Join date : 2021-01-14
Age : 21

Rob Holecko, Austin Snelick and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Rob Holecko Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:14 pm

Nice... I'd say we have two worthy contenders... Maybe the one we don't choose can be repurposed for one of the other games we need.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Posts : 708
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 47

Curtis likes this post

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Curtis Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:58 pm

UWFFL BOWL XVI KANSAS CITY MISSOURIUWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Uwffl_10
Curtis
Curtis

Posts : 277
Join date : 2021-02-12
Location : Newfoundland, Canada

Rob Holecko and Rafael Menoncin like this post

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Brady Ivie Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:07 pm

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Uwfflc11
The Kansas City Rattlers submit this logo for consideration for UWFFL XVI.

Brady Ivie

Posts : 9
Join date : 2021-04-18

Rob Holecko, 92Mafia and Rafael Menoncin like this post

Back to top Go down

UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos Empty Re: UWFFL Bowl & National Championship Game Logos

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum