The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vancouver Bears - Uniform Design

2 posters

Go down

Vancouver Bears - Uniform Design Empty Vancouver Bears - Uniform Design

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:12 am

Time for uniform design for the Vancouver Bears.

This process will work a little differently from the logos.
My thoughts here are, everyone can make four total sets and submit them here. Two standard uniforms (one color, one white jersey), based on the logos and wordmarks from the other team design thread. One alternate uniform (could be color or white jersey) also based on the logos and wordmarks in the other thread, and lastly, one faux back uniform, based on Cutis' V logo design, that should feel like a uniform from the 70s.

Here's how this will work then. Everyone has until the end of the day Tuesday the 26th to submit up to the 4 uniforms stated above, and on Wednesday, we will start voting on uniforms. I'll start counting up the votes Friday morning the 28th (most people vote in the first two days).
Three standard color uniforms will win, three standard white uniforms will win, two alternate uniforms will win, and two faux back uniforms will win (one must be color, and one must be white).
Voting will be ranked choice, as usual, and everyone will be voting on the four different uniform possibilities.

This means 10 total uniform combinations will end up winning in the end, so there's a lot of chances for at least one of your uniform sets to make it on the team.
When you've made your 4 uniform sets, post them in this thread. Submissions are final, unless I ask you to fix something to comply with the rules. I believe everyone should have the correct uniform template.

Forget everything above for now. See comments below...

Last edited by Austin Snelick on Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Vancouver Bears - Uniform Design Empty Re: Vancouver Bears - Uniform Design

Post  rbronish Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:17 am

If you want to use the wordmark font for the numbers, it's called ROADSTORE
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Vancouver Bears - Uniform Design Empty RE: Vancouver Bears - Uniform Design Empty Re: Vancouver Bears - Uniform Design

Post  gregseher Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:03 am

Is there a reason why we are designing uniforms for teams rather than letting their future owners design them? I'd still like to own a second franchise but I assume that others have the same thought as me, and would be less inclined to own a team if they aren't allowed to come up with their design.
With that said, what is the period of existing owners to apply for a second franchise, either one of the two expansion teams left, or taking over St Louis or Los Angeles?

gregseher

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:22 pm

gregseher wrote:Is there a reason why we are designing uniforms for teams rather than letting their future owners design them? I'd still like to own a second franchise but I assume that others have the same thought as me, and would be less inclined to own a team if they aren't allowed to come up with their design.
With that said, what is the period of existing owners to apply for a second franchise, either one of the two expansion teams left, or taking over St Louis or Los Angeles?

There had been multiple people interested in owning a second team before.
At this point, there are two teams left available: Vancouver Bears and Los Angeles Express.

The Express are to be owned as is for now, the Bears could have some ownership input to finish off. We are still getting new owners coming in, so I still wanted to give new owners a chance. The original date I had set out for owning a second team was December 1st.

But, you're making a good point, I'm going to make a new thread seeing who has any interest in owning a second team. It would be good to know who actually is interested in a second team, if new owners don't come in and take them first.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down