The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating the Uniform Template

+13
ICRMON
Drew Abernathy
Frank
Patrick Davis
sfcom1
Rafael Menoncin
rbronish
spencer_g
CanadianBacon43
Appleman20
CarterB2
Curtis
Austin Snelick
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Updating the Uniform Template Empty Updating the Uniform Template

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:30 pm

NIKE has come out with a new uniform template, thus, Bill Shaefer, the uniform master at the GUD, started work on the new template.
I took it some steps further and have been exploring its use for the GSL for upcoming seasons.

Here are some good looks at what the new NIKE template looks like:
https://news.sportslogos.net/2023/04/15/florida-state-seminoles-reveal-new-uniforms/college/

Here's a look at the changes compared to the current GSL template, with old on top, new on bottom:
Updating the Uniform Template KQxyjH6

I have full sized images here:
https://imgur.com/a/qjsPf2c

I plan to move a couple teams to the new template for next season, which mainly would be the original 6 teams with the ARS brand, that have owners who are more hands off in this league (Louisiana, San Diego, etc.).
I will allow other owners to move to this template as well, but because this template takes me a little more time to get uniforms onto, there are going to be some rules on how that will take place.
Also, you may have noticed that I didn't use #11 as the uniform number, and added my last name as the NoB. I will allow that for teams next season, but there will be rules associated with that as well, to help cut down on the work that will cause me.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

NeauXone, Untitled0717, Rafael Menoncin, Appleman20, ICRMON and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Updating the Uniform Template Empty Re: Updating the Uniform Template

Post  Curtis Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:05 pm

I like the idea of other numbers other than # 11, and also the name on back. There doesn`t seem to be as much room on the sleeve for striping, logos , numbers , which is a negative for me .
Curtis
Curtis

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:12 pm

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of this template, maybe it's because I have grown to love the current one, but I'm not going to make the switch to the new template next season.

I do have one question, can I still use the current template but switch the number from #11 to #2 on the current uniform template?
CarterB2
CarterB2

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:57 pm

Woah, these look awesome. I can't wait to see these on different teams.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Austin Snelick and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:58 am

Curtis wrote: I like the idea of other numbers other than # 11, and also the name on back. There doesn`t seem to be as much room on the sleeve for striping, logos , numbers , which is a negative for me .

The smaller sleeve space is the major downside of the new template, but it is accurate to modern uniform designs.
There's no obligation for any team to switch to the newer template, and I assume this would be a major reason why some people don't.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:01 am

CarterB2 wrote:Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of this template, maybe it's because I have grown to love the current one, but I'm not going to make the switch to the new template next season.

I do have one question, can I still use the current template but switch the number from #11 to #2 on the current uniform template?

No problem. There isn't any requirement to, it's just an option.

Yes, different numbers and NoB can be changed even without moving to the new template, as long as the number and NoB are consistent for all of a teams uniforms.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20, ICRMON and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:05 am

Appleman20 wrote:Woah, these look awesome. I can't wait to see these on different teams.

I'm going to work on San Diego next.
I still haven't nailed down a final version of the template at this point. The little air holes in the jersey are on the template, but I may remove them to make the template easier to work with. I also haven't decided on the maximum number size. With different numbers, other than 11, the numbers themselves get wider, so they are less tall on the jersey, as can be seen on the Vegas example. I'm just not sure yet if I want to allow the numbers to be wider than I have there, or if I should lengthen the numbers. I'm going to have to reference some more modern uniforms to figure out the correct number sizing.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:17 am

Atlanta’s two (maybe three) new alternate uniforms will use the new template next season. My plan is to eventually have all Alien uniforms moved over to the new template by our third season.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:42 am

A couple more examples.

I've also resized numbers to be larger, to be more accurate.

Updating the Uniform Template Rs7so3a

Updating the Uniform Template Uap1gVN
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Untitled0717, Rafael Menoncin, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:34 pm

Ya know those breakers unis really got me excited, I might make the change in 2-4 seasons
CarterB2
CarterB2

Back to top Go down

Post  spencer_g Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:55 pm

I really like these new templates and whenever they're ready I'd love to start getting 2024's uniforms on them.
What sort of rules were you referencing?
spencer_g
spencer_g

NeauXone and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:41 am

Here is a concept of Carolina's primary home uniform.

Updating the Uniform Template 2024_h10
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:07 pm

sgillard wrote:I really like these new templates and whenever they're ready I'd love to start getting 2024's uniforms on them.
What sort of rules were you referencing?

Distribution of the template would be one. So I'm not sure if I'll be sending out a smaller version of the template then transferring to my largest version, or if I'll just be sending out the largest version.
For numbers/NoB, I think I'd want either the exact font, or a large version of the number and NoB that I can size down appropriately.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

spencer_g and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:25 pm

I Kinda of liked the new templates, you have the "OK" from Portland!

I don't plan major uniform changes or updates for 2024, I think we found our definitive uniform design for the next few years, the only chance would've be adding two stripes to the socks, something similar to our current endzone designs
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:34 pm

Figured I'd throw a couple more examples in here:

Updating the Uniform Template Aq1a5Kw

Thought this was a good time to mess around and see what a red version of the DC alternate would look like while I was here, but DC moving to the new template isn't my decision here, just wanted to see what it would look like.
Updating the Uniform Template HoYprq2
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:00 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:Figured I'd throw a couple more examples in here:

Updating the Uniform Template Aq1a5Kw

Thought this was a good time to mess around and see what a red version of the DC alternate would look like while I was here, but DC moving to the new template isn't my decision here, just wanted to see what it would look like.
Updating the Uniform Template HoYprq2

The DC ones look so close to DC Defenders from the XFL. But I wish the Defenders' uniforms look like this.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:55 pm

I am going to move the Miami SOL Uniforms over to the new template as well It will take a few days, But over all I think the look will carry over well! ;-)

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  Curtis Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:51 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
CarterB2 wrote:Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of this template, maybe it's because I have grown to love the current one, but I'm not going to make the switch to the new template next season.

Yes, different numbers and NoB can be changed even without moving to the new template, as long as the number and NoB are consistent for all of a teams uniforms.

Hey Austin, I have a couple of designs done for next season that would look great with the new template , but others that I would prefer the original template. May be too early to ask, but would a combo of both templates be allowed for team designs ?
Curtis
Curtis

sfcom1 and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:44 pm

Curtis wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:

Hey Austin, I have a couple of designs done for next season that would look great with the new template , but others that I would prefer the original template. May be too early to ask, but would a combo of both templates be allowed for team designs ?

I don't have a problem with mixing and matching templates.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:49 pm

Here are the concepts for The Miami SOL (Except for The Monsoon and The Eclipse. I might tweek them for next year!)

Updating the Uniform Template Iw0nRrHl

Updating the Uniform Template D91rxDcl

Updating the Uniform Template TTXcAQrl

Updating the Uniform Template 2Q5Xecpl

Updating the Uniform Template 2xqlZsbl

Updating the Uniform Template 2mPSdKVl

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:07 pm

And one of the concepts I have been toying with. Say Hello to The Whiteout!

Updating the Uniform Template RIV8Bcrl

John

Last edited by sfcom1 on Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
sfcom1
sfcom1

Austin Snelick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:05 pm

The Stags will move to the new template.
We rn't planning any uniform changes for next season, but we will have time to decide officially on the new template and uniforms when the offseason starts?
Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:05 am

Patrick Davis wrote:The Stags will move to the new template.
We rn't planning any uniform changes for next season, but we will have time to decide officially on the new template and uniforms when the offseason starts?

Yes, nothing is official until the offseason starts. At that point, I can move teams over to the new template and get uniforms for 2024 up on the site.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon May 01, 2023 12:38 pm

I like the template, but I'm not sure if it would work for the Buffaloes sleeve design. I really like where our uniforms are now, so I'd have to mess with getting our current uniforms on the template, to see if I'd want to switch. Again, all has to do with how the sleeve striping is going to look, and the new template doesn't have as much space.

I would like my last name, plus number 41 on our uniforms for next season though.
Frank
Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon May 01, 2023 1:07 pm

Frank wrote:I like the template, but I'm not sure if it would work for the Buffaloes sleeve design. I really like where our uniforms are now, so I'd have to mess with getting our current uniforms on the template, to see if I'd want to switch. Again, all has to do with how the sleeve striping is going to look, and the new template doesn't have as much space.

I would like my last name, plus number 83 on our uniforms for next season though.

I can do a sleeve test for you at some point. Should be quick.
As for numbers, I'll have a clear method for making those decisions in the offseason, along with how the new uniform template will work.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue May 02, 2023 1:56 pm

Frank wrote:I like the template, but I'm not sure if it would work for the Buffaloes sleeve design. I really like where our uniforms are now, so I'd have to mess with getting our current uniforms on the template, to see if I'd want to switch. Again, all has to do with how the sleeve striping is going to look, and the new template doesn't have as much space.

I would like my last name, plus number 41 on our uniforms for next season though.

Here is a sleeve comparison.
Though about doing just the sleeve, but I think you need to see the whole uniform to get the full picture, so I just did both the home and away unis.

Updating the Uniform Template GHRDuaD
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, Appleman20 and Frank like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed May 03, 2023 10:08 am

Austin Snelick wrote:

Here is a sleeve comparison.
Though about doing just the sleeve, but I think you need to see the whole uniform to get the full picture, so I just did both the home and away unis.

Updating the Uniform Template GHRDuaD

I'm going to think about it before the offseason, but I think the sleeve stripe on the new template looks alright. Not as good as before, but I like the other parts fof the new template better, so I think it's worth the trade off.
Frank
Frank

Austin Snelick, sfcom1 and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Abernathy Wed May 03, 2023 10:49 am

Where can we download the new template? I know the Trappers will have to adjust their uniforms to fit it.
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed May 03, 2023 2:30 pm

Drew Abernathy wrote:Where can we download the new template? I know the Trappers will have to adjust their uniforms to fit it.

I haven't officially released anything yet. I'm still working out the kinks, and I'm not sure yet if I want to send out the full template or something sized down. That's something I'll have to figure out as we move towards the off season.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, spencer_g and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Thu May 04, 2023 5:15 pm

If anyone is wondering what the collar looks like. I found a real good pic off of AZ Central.

Updating the Uniform Template Mb5HFpW

And what it should look like in one of our patterns

Updating the Uniform Template TkE1uLc

John

Last edited by sfcom1 on Thu May 04, 2023 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Dixon Fri May 05, 2023 7:10 am

We will do the new template. I will send a number for the uniforms because we use a custom number font, and I only made the number 1 so far.

Tim Dixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Fri May 05, 2023 11:46 am

Unpopular opinion: The replica jersey collars looked better than any of the Nike design templates.

Updating the Uniform Template 88889410

TBH, I liked the last one (2017-2022), but the first one from the mid-2010s was horrible.
Updating the Uniform Template Charge10
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Austin Snelick, sfcom1, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Mon May 08, 2023 8:25 pm

So I was making my uniforms for next season and as I mentioned I am going to use the #2 on my jerseys but not switch to the new NIKE template. I also decided to remove the TV numbers (if that is what you call them) to replace them with something else. What should I do?

Updating the Uniform Template Screen19
CarterB2
CarterB2

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed May 10, 2023 10:46 am

CarterB2 wrote:So I was making my uniforms for next season and as I mentioned I am going to use the #2 on my jerseys but not switch to the new NIKE template. I also decided to remove the TV numbers (if that is what you call them) to replace them with something else. What should I do?

I've been putting thoughts into what I would do, and honestly, I couldn't think of anything other than keeping the shoulders blank.
I'm not sure how another stripe or pattern would work, with there already being stripes on the sleeves, so that would leave a logo, similar to the '93-'99 Patriots, but I'm not sure how well the CityHawks logo shape would work for that.
So I'd say, just keep it bare, but someone else may have a better idea.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Wed May 10, 2023 11:38 am

I am liking the idea of keeping CityHawks jersey sleeves blank. As with a colored sleeve panel at the bottom it would make it way to busy. Unless the new "NYC" could be shifted to the sleeve instead.
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed May 10, 2023 11:44 am

Latest moves to the new template.
Updating the Uniform Template 8wJaYjt
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  ICRMON Wed May 10, 2023 12:47 pm

Boston would like to switch to the new template. We will keep the number 1 but the nameplate will be Ehle
ICRMON
ICRMON

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Wed May 10, 2023 1:48 pm

Whenever you get around to finishing the template, you can send me one and I can migrate them myself.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed May 10, 2023 4:14 pm

ICRMON wrote:Boston would like to switch to the new template.  We will keep the number 1 but the nameplate will be Ehle

Use #1, or did you mean keep #11? Just to clarify.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  ICRMON Wed May 10, 2023 4:16 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
ICRMON wrote:Boston would like to switch to the new template.  We will keep the number 1 but the nameplate will be Ehle

Sorry, I see the confusion. I would like the number to switch from 11 to 1.
ICRMON
ICRMON

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Wed May 10, 2023 5:45 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
CarterB2 wrote:So I was making my uniforms for next season and as I mentioned I am going to use the #2 on my jerseys but not switch to the new NIKE template. I also decided to remove the TV numbers (if that is what you call them) to replace them with something else. What should I do?

I've been putting thoughts into what I would do, and honestly, I couldn't think of anything other than keeping the shoulders blank.
I'm not sure how another stripe or pattern would work, with there already being stripes on the sleeves, so that would leave a logo, similar to the '93-'99 Patriots, but I'm not sure how well the CityHawks logo shape would work for that.
So I'd say, just keep it bare, but someone else may have a better idea.

I tried the Colt's stripes but those made the sleeves way too crowded, I also tried the '93-'99 Patiots design but instead with the front of the logo on the front of the jersey, I tried the back of the logo on the front of the jersey, and not the entire logo, just the wings, here is how it would look, it's sort of similar to the Bobcats design.

Updating the Uniform Template Screen20

CarterB2
CarterB2

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie Steinbaum Thu May 11, 2023 6:58 am

We will move to the new template, but I think we might want some minor uniform changes. We will have those for the offseason.
Eddie Steinbaum
Eddie Steinbaum

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu May 11, 2023 8:30 am

Eddie Steinbaum wrote:We will move to the new template, but I think we might want some minor uniform changes. We will have those for the offseason.

Okay, no problem. I think for most teams, the move to the new template won't happen until I'm given official 2024 uniforms in the offseason.
For the teams I did myself so far, I clarified via email if the uniforms would change (many of the teams I did just keep the same uniforms year to year).
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu May 11, 2023 8:31 am

ICRMON wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:

Sorry, I see the confusion.  I would like the number to switch from 11 to 1.

Okay, thanks. I'm not sure if I'll start moving the uniforms over now, or in the offseason, just in case you want to make uniform changes.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20 and ICRMON like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Thu May 11, 2023 5:05 pm

For the new template, I would like to keep the 11; actually,  this is my favorite number!
We are not making major changes to the uniforms; the only update would be two stripes in the socks, a design similar to our current endzones.
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:36 am

Here is the first official use of the new template, with the All-Star Game uniforms, designed by Curtis, whose Toronto Terror are hosting the All-Star Game this season.
Curtis created the original design, and all I did was move it to the new template.
Curtis, you can also go over all the details on the uniforms, if you'd like.
Updating the Uniform Template ASG_W_A1
Updating the Uniform Template ASG_E_H1
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, Curtis, Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Abernathy Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:38 pm

I guess I'll try to do an Illustrator Template to go along with this...
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:31 pm

Deleted so not to confuse the official release. 

John

Last edited by sfcom1 on Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:42 pm

And here is one in the Jumpman Confiuration
Updating the Uniform Template 0ayQd1rl

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:02 pm

sfcom1 wrote:And here is one in the Jumpman Confiuration
Updating the Uniform Template 0ayQd1rl

John

Thanks! This will help a lot when I make the switch in 2025.
CarterB2
CarterB2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next