The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSL 2021 Week 12

4 posters

Go down

GSL 2021 Week 12 Empty GSL 2021 Week 12

Post  Austin Snelick Thu May 06, 2021 7:14 am

Tonight we have the Seattle Sockeyes headed to Albuquerque to take on the Atoms.
With Mother's Day this Sunday, the weekend's slate of games has moved to Saturday, with a single game Sunday night.

I've added win percentages next to the favorite in the betting line for this week, just as an added stat. I think for the 2022 season, I'd like to get the win percentages closer to the level for what we'd see in the NFL, based on similar betting lines.

SEA @ ABQ 5/6 8:15PM
Playoff hopes are slimming for the Atoms. If they want to make a run, it needs to start tonight, otherwise, we can count them out.
For Seattle, getting a 6th win puts them 1 win below the division leading Icons, with some winnable games on their slate, the Sockeyes can't be counted out with a win here tonight.
ABQ -5.5 (71.84%)
o/u 45.5

SA @ MEM 5/8 1:00PM
The GSL Game of the Week will see the San Antonio Texans take on the red hot Memphis Comets. This game could decide the division.
The Comets have the harder schedule down the stretch, but they are on a 5 game win streak, beating some quality opponents.
MEM -10.5 (85.47%)
o/u 60.5

CIN @ TOR 5/8 1:00PM
The Terror suffered an embarrassing loss last weekend, which saw them fall out of a wild card spot. This game will mean a lot, as they have already lost to Cincinnati once this season.
For the Knights, a win keeps them in the top wild card spot, and further confirms their status as a possible playoff team that could reek havoc in the Eastern Conference.
TOR -0.5 (50.05%)
o/u 45.5

PEN @ WIS 5/8 1:00PM
The Keystones take their unbeaten streak to Wisconsin this week, to take on a Stags team that is in the thick of the Eastern Conference wild card race.
Can the Stags pull off the upset? Team owner Patrick Davis has voiced his confidence (I'd say over confidence) in his team's chances this week several times, but lets see what happens Sunday.
PEN -9.5 (87.86%)
o/u 45.5

BAL @ LOU 5/8 1:00PM
Baltimore has been a team that may be sneaking up on the wild card race. With losses by the other Eastern Conference Playoff contenders, the Bluebirds find themselves closing in, with an easy game this week against one of the leagues worst teams.
Coming off a bye, the Bluebirds are on their first win streak of the season, of just 2 games, but they can keep that streak alive in New Orleans Saturday.
BAL -14.5 (95.58%)
o/u 50.5

NOR @ LSV 5/8 1:00PM
This game could be a possible preview of a divisional round playoff matchup come July, with the East division leading Commanders headed to the South division leading Lightning.
Norfolk has won 5 straight, and could be fresh off the bye, but the Lightning are eager to show they can compete with playoff teams in the Eastern conference. Expect a good game here.
NOR -2 (60.68%)
o/u 58

STL @ DAL 5/8 4:30PM
Two teams near the bottom that could use a win as a moral boost. Dallas sees themselves as favorites at home, so this could be a week to give their loyal fans a fun game and a win.
DAL -5.5 (69.82%)
o/u 60.5

OAK @ LV 5/8 4:30PM
Trap game anyone? Despite the difference in records, this game won't be a walk in the park for the Icons, as they come in as underdogs.
It'll be a matchup of the Oakland defense against the underrated Las Vegas offense to determine who comes out on top in this one.
LV -3 (62.19%)
o/u 38

LA @ ARZ 5/8 4:30PM
The Eagles have dropped 3 of their last 4, and have not only lost the top spot in the Western Conference, but they have dropped to second in their division as well.
Expect a determined Arizona team this week, as they are the biggest favorites of the week.
ARZ -20.5 (98.86%)
o/u 50.5

SD @ COL 5/8 8:15PM
In the Saturday Night Football Special, the Breakers, who aren't to be counted out on the season quite yet, travel to the Western Conference's top team, the Colorado Cabras.
Can the Breakers open some eyes in an upset Saturday night? Or will the Cabras demonstrate their strength in the west?
COL -8 (79.71%)
o/u 53

MIA @ ATL 5/9 8:15PM
Any one looking for a late Mother's Day gift? This game isn't it. Or is it? Not watching football on Mother's Day could be the gift you Mom always wanted, as you can spend time with her instead of seeing this low scoring game in Atlanta, where we should expect the Sol to come out with the win.
The odds here still give the Flying Fleet a nearly 1 in 5 chance of winning, so it's possible to be surprised by the result come Monday morning.
MIA -7 (82.42%)
o/u 38

WAS @ JAX 5/10 8:15PM
We wrap up week 12 with the Stars traveling to Jacksonville for a Monday night matchup.
The Stars have reclaimed a wild card spot in a tight race, while the Captains showed some signs of life last week with a shocking upset in Toronto. Can they pull off another?
WAS -4.5 (74.50%)
o/u 30.5
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

GSL 2021 Week 12 Empty Re: GSL 2021 Week 12

Post  sfcom1 Thu May 06, 2021 12:32 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:

Any one looking for a late Mother's Day gift? This game isn't it. Or is it? Not watching football on Mother's Day could be the gift you Mom always wanted, as you can spend time with her instead of seeing this low scoring game in Atlanta, where we should expect the Sol to come out with the win.
The odds here still give the Flying Fleet a nearly 1 in 5 chance of winning, so it's possible to be surprised by the result come Monday morning.
MIA -7 (82.42%)
o/u 38

Nothing like a defiensive showdown to spend your Mothers day Night. Can either the SOL or the Flying Fleet generate enough offense to win the game. We shall see on GSL Sunday Night Football! lol
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Sat May 08, 2021 9:25 pm

GSL 2021 Week 12 380_se10
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Austin Snelick, NeauXone, 92Mafia and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Mon May 10, 2021 12:11 am

It looks like the Eclipse Defence was enough for the SOL offence to eek out a win on Sunday Night Football!

John
Sfcom1
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Mon May 10, 2021 12:15 am

Austin Snelick wrote:

MIA -7 (82.42%)
o/u 38

Very typical Fleet performance this year... down 14-10, driving for the winning score and throw an interception inside the two minute warning. Honestly, I'm surprised the Fleet covered the +7, but I'm not surprised this game went under.  Did I mention we fired our coach after last week's game and left him in Germany?

Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Austin Snelick and NeauXone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Mon May 10, 2021 12:47 am

Rob Holecko wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:

MIA -7 (82.42%)
o/u 38

Very typical Fleet performance this year...   down 14-10, driving for the winning score and throw an interception inside the two minute warning.  Honestly, I'm surprised the Fleet covered the +7, but I'm not surprised this game went under.  Did I mention we fired our coach after last week's game and left him in Germany?

Wir haben unseren Bus in Berlin verlassen. Gut, dass die Berliner Mauer 1990 zurückgefallen ist. Oder er kommt nicht zurück. or... We left our coach In Berlin. Good thing the Berlin wall fell back in 1990. Or he might not get back. lol  I was stationed in West Germany when the wall "Fell". That was history right before my eyes there! :-)

Last edited by sfcom1 on Mon May 10, 2021 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Phrasing)
sfcom1
sfcom1

Rob Holecko and Austin Snelick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down