The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffalo Bills

4 posters

Go down

Buffalo Bills Empty Buffalo Bills

Post  andrewharrington Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:34 pm

I think more research is needed to ensure the accuracy of the 60s/70s/early 80s Bills striping.

I'll let you do the legwork, but take 1965, for example, as well as, I think, most if not all the years you have one color sleeve and sock striping shown for this uniform style. You can see the stripes have thin red trim on them like the numerals.

Buffalo Bills 5334562

And take 1973, for example, where you have it shown on the sleeves as two solid red stripes flanked by two thinner solid blue stripes. In actuality, all the stripes were red with thin blue trim.

Buffalo Bills 5262108

andrewharrington

Back to top Go down

Buffalo Bills Empty Re: Buffalo Bills

Post  Bill Schaefer Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks andrew.
I'm going to leave the 60s Bills to Tim to work on.

I see where we had the outer blue stripes on the 73 white jersey. That will get taken care of. However, the 1/16th of an inch thin blue outlines on these sleeves stripes will not be able to show on the scale we are presenting. even a 1 pixel outline will be much larger on our scale than what shows on the picture.
Here is a picture from the 1974 playoff game @ Pittsburgh. The same striping is evident here as well.
Buffalo Bills 1974_110

After 1974 we don't have to worry as they went to a different sleeve stripe pattern.
Bill Schaefer
Bill Schaefer

Back to top Go down

Post  andrewharrington Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:06 pm

I figured the issue was something of that nature. Just thought I'd point it out in case you hadn't covered it.

andrewharrington

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Schaefer Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:15 pm

We are going ahead and readjusting the spacing for these stripes for 64-74 in addition to fixing the stripe color on 73-74.
Thanks.
Bill Schaefer
Bill Schaefer

Back to top Go down

Buffalo Bills Empty The Bills' striping pattern

Post  Terry Proctor Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:00 pm

The Bills Nylon/Durene Cotton plaited-knit jerseys were made by Rawlings beginning in 1964. The unique knit-in sleeve striping was what Rawlings called the "Utah" pattern. On the Royal jerseys these stripes were White feathered in Red. On the White jerseys the stripes were Royal feathered in Red. When they switched to the Champion mesh jerseys for 1974 the stripes on the White version were reversed to Red with a Royal feather and done in Champion's "Lastone" screen-printing process using Plastisol ink. The numbers were also screened-on.

When they switched to Pro-Mesh Sand-Knit jerseys in 1975 they went to the double stripe with the featheredge.

Terry Proctor

Back to top Go down

Post  slats7 Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Buffalo Bills Kgrhqv10

Buffalo Bills Kgrhqy11
slats7
slats7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content