The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making uniforms and field

3 posters

Go down

Making uniforms and field  Empty Making uniforms and field

Post  Appleman20 Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:46 am

So I kinda learn the basic for paint.net. Now I have a tone of question so bare with me.

1. How do I add logos onto my field? I have tried adding it from the file thing but it takes me into a different page for the logo.

2. How do I turn the letters sideways? I'm trying to put them in the endzones.

3. How do I add all the decoration on the uniforms? I have the basic coloring for it it just I don't know how to add the numbers and stuff.

Sorry for so many questions but Im learning lol.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Making uniforms and field  Empty Re: Making uniforms and field

Post  NeauXone Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:20 am

Appleman20 wrote:So I kinda learn the basic for paint.net. Now I have a tone of question so bare with me.

1. How do I add logos onto my field? I have tried adding it from the file thing but it takes me into a different page for the logo.

3. How do I add all the decoration on the uniforms? I have the basic coloring for it it just I don't know how to add the numbers and stuff.

1. Since it opens up the logo file, if your logo has a transparent background you can go to Image>Resize at the top left, and resize the logo to be as big as you need it to be. (At first it'll be trial and error, but as you learn more about paint.net and pixel sizes you'll be able to quickly know how big you need your image to be on the field.) Then you can press Ctrl+A (selects the entire image) and then go back to your field image, and press Ctrl+Shift+V (Pastes the logo into a new layer, then you can rotate, resize, and drag it to wherever you want to be.)

2. If you create a new layer, type out the text, and then select it with the rectangle tool, you can hold shift while rotating it to rotate it 90 degrees to move your text into place. Alternatively (and this is the method I like to use) you can go to Image and click rotate 90 degrees clockwise/counterclockwise to rotate it, and you should be able to type in the text without rotating it.

3. For the numbers it's as simple as finding whatever font you want to use, downloading it and selecting it when you use the text tool. Then you can just type out the number on the front. As for stripes, logos, etc., don't worry too much about those.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting everything perfect, just get your feet wet with the program and see everything it has to offer. Once you submit the final designs we'll make edits to make sure it looks exactly how you want it to and make sure everything is accounted for.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:13 am

ok thank you so much man.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:46 am

NeauXone wrote:
Appleman20 wrote:So I kinda learn the basic for paint.net. Now I have a tone of question so bare with me.

1. Since it opens up the logo file, if your logo has a transparent background you can go to Image>Resize at the top left, and resize the logo to be as big as you need it to be. (At first it'll be trial and error, but as you learn more about paint.net and pixel sizes you'll be able to quickly know how big you need your image to be on the field.) Then you can press Ctrl+A (selects the entire image) and then go back to your field image, and press Ctrl+Shift+V (Pastes the logo into a new layer, then you can rotate, resize, and drag it to wherever you want to be.)

2. If you create a new layer, type out the text, and then select it with the rectangle tool, you can hold shift while rotating it to rotate it 90 degrees to move your text into place. Alternatively (and this is the method I like to use) you can go to Image and click rotate 90 degrees clockwise/counterclockwise to rotate it, and you should be able to type in the text without rotating it.

3. For the numbers it's as simple as finding whatever font you want to use, downloading it and selecting it when you use the text tool. Then you can just type out the number on the front. As for stripes, logos, etc., don't worry too much about those.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting everything perfect, just get your feet wet with the program and see everything it has to offer. Once you submit the final designs we'll make edits to make sure it looks exactly how you want it to and make sure everything is accounted for.

Thanks for helping out answering this question while I was away.

And I ca reiterate, you don't have to get all your design exactly perfect, since I'll transfer your designs to the GSL templates anyways, and make sure what I put on the website is exactly the design you were looking for.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down