The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conference Championships - 2023

5 posters

Go down

Conference Championships - 2023 Empty Conference Championships - 2023

Post  Rafael Menoncin Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:22 pm

Conference Championships - 2023 Confer10

Sunday, July 2, 2023 - 3:00PM
Birmingham @ New York
Line: - 2.5 NY
O/U: 39.5
Win Pct: 57.5% NY

The stage is set for an epic showdown in the Eastern Conference final as the Birmingham Owls, the ultimate underdogs, face off against the New York CityHawks on the CityHawks' home turf. The Owls have defied all odds throughout the season, consistently proving the naysayers wrong with their resilience and exceptional performance. Their journey has been nothing short of historic.

In the Divisional round, the Owls pulled off a remarkable upset, stunning the Toronto Terror with a final score of 37-30. This victory showcased the Owls' unwavering determination and their ability to rise to the occasion against formidable opponents. Now, they face the mighty CityHawks, who enter the game as favorites with a 2.5-point spread.

The CityHawks have had a phenomenal campaign, earning the top seed in the conference and enjoying the luxury of a bye week before their hard-fought 17-13 win over the Jacksonville Captains. Their explosive offense, led by a dynamic quarterback, has been a force to be reckoned with all season long. The Owls' defense will face a daunting task as they try to contain the CityHawks' aerial assault and disrupt their offensive rhythm.

To emerge victorious, the Owls must rely on their disciplined defense, which has been a cornerstone of their success. They will need to generate consistent pressure on the CityHawks' quarterback, disrupting his timing and forcing errant throws. Additionally, the Owls' secondary must be on high alert, ready to make crucial interceptions and limit big plays. Offensively, the Owls' game plan should revolve around a balanced attack, mixing in a strong rushing game to keep the CityHawks' defense guessing, while also utilizing a precise passing game to exploit any weaknesses.

On the other side of the field, the CityHawks boast a formidable arsenal on offense. Their dynamic quarterback has the ability to make explosive plays, both with his arm and his legs. The Owls' defense must prioritize containing him and limiting his scrambling opportunities. The CityHawks should also look to establish a strong ground game, taking advantage of their talented running backs to control the tempo of the game and keep the Owls' defense off balance. Defensively, the CityHawks must apply relentless pressure on the Owls' quarterback, disrupting his rhythm and forcing turnovers that can swing the momentum in their favor.

This Eastern Conference final promises to be a clash of two teams with contrasting paths but equal hunger for victory. The Owls' incredible resilience and ability to overcome adversity have made them a fan favorite, while the CityHawks' dominant season has solidified their status as the team to beat. Expect an intense battle between these two talented squads, where every play and every decision will have significant consequences. The outcome of this game will be decided by the team that can execute their game plan flawlessly, capitalize on their opponent's mistakes, and rise to the occasion in the most crucial moments. Get ready for a thrilling showdown that will leave fans on the edge of their seats until the final whistle.

Sunday, July 2, 2023 - 6:30PM
Salt Lake @ Los Angeles
Line: -2.0 LA
O/U: 48.0
Win Pct: 55.9% LA

Get ready for an exhilarating showdown in the Western Conference final as the Salt Lake Trappers, the visiting team, go head-to-head against the Los Angeles Express on the Express' home turf. These two teams may very well be the most complete and evenly matched squads in the entire GSL. The Trappers, despite being a wildcard seed, have proven the value of their roster and secured impressive victories to reach this stage of the playoffs. In the Divisional round, Salt Lake defeated the previously favored Memphis Demons in a hostile away environment, with a final score of 32-27. Their resilience and ability to perform under pressure have propelled them on this remarkable playoff run.

On the other side, the Los Angeles Express enter the game as the top seed in the Western Conference. Known for their incredible offense, they recently secured a dominant victory against their rivals, the Las Vegas Outlaws, with a convincing score of 31-10. The Express' high-powered offense will undoubtedly pose a significant challenge for the Trappers' defense.

To secure victory, the Trappers must rely on the strengths of their roster and execute their game plan flawlessly. Defensively, they will need to find ways to disrupt the Express' explosive offense, putting pressure on the opposing quarterback and limiting their big-play opportunities. Their secondary must remain vigilant, ready to make key interceptions and prevent the Express' receivers from making game-changing catches.

Offensively, the Trappers must strike a balance between their passing and running game. Their quarterback needs to be accurate and make smart decisions, targeting open receivers and avoiding costly turnovers. Establishing a strong running game will help control the tempo of the game, sustain drives, and keep the Express' potent offense off the field.

For the Express, their high-octane offense will be the key to success. They must utilize their array of weapons to exploit any weaknesses in the Trappers' defense. The Express' quarterback must showcase his poise and accuracy, delivering precise passes to his receivers and utilizing his mobility when needed. Establishing an effective running game will open up play-action opportunities and keep the Trappers' defense guessing.

Defensively, the Express should focus on pressuring the Trappers' quarterback, disrupting his rhythm and forcing him into mistakes. Their secondary needs to be disciplined and provide tight coverage on the Trappers' receivers, limiting their yards after the catch and preventing big plays.

In this Western Conference final, both teams possess remarkable talent and have earned their place in the spotlight. The Trappers have defied expectations with their gritty performances, while the Express have showcased their offensive prowess throughout the season. The outcome of this game will be determined by which team can capitalize on their strengths, minimize mistakes, and seize the crucial moments. Get ready for an intense battle that will showcase the very best of GSL football.
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

sfcom1, Drew Abernathy, Appleman20, Frank and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Conference Championships - 2023 Empty Re: Conference Championships - 2023

Post  Rafael Menoncin Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:53 pm

Bonus: the Eastern/Western Conferences Championships Belts

I created these two belts to represent the conference titles, drawing inspiration from the recent Super Bowl celebrations that consistently showcased a magnificent championship belt. I'm not sure if they turned out too gimmicky, but at this point, they are not official. However, it's a way to symbolize the games.

Conference Championships - 2023 Bvh6fk10
Conference Championships - 2023 2ejt4k10
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Austin Snelick, sfcom1, Appleman20, Frank and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:21 pm

Rafael Menoncin wrote:Bonus: the Eastern/Western Conferences Championships Belts

I created these two belts to represent the conference titles, drawing inspiration from the recent Super Bowl celebrations that consistently showcased a magnificent championship belt. I'm not sure if they turned out too gimmicky, but at this point, they are not official. However, it's a way to symbolize the games.

Wow I'm extra hyped up now Surprised
CarterB2
CarterB2

Austin Snelick, sfcom1 and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:17 am

Rafael Menoncin wrote:Bonus: the Eastern/Western Conferences Championships Belts

This reminds me of the USFL versions. I am so hyped for this game.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Austin Snelick, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:05 am

Sweet!
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:07 am

A note from me. I'll be out of town over the weekend, so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly, but I'll be mostly inactive until the end of next week.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, Appleman20, Frank and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Abernathy Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:18 pm

Crazy thing about the SL/LA games this season: LA is 2-0 over SL but the scores have been 18-17 and 19-17. I know past performance is not indicative of future performance, but this could be a banger of a matchup.
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Abernathy Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:58 pm

Do you have the originals of these? I wonder what I could do in Photoshop. Not taking away your great work because THAT'S NOT EASY TO DO!
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

CarterB2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:28 pm

2023 Eastern conference championship game on CBS (late 80s style/graphics)
Conference Championships - 2023 Nfomep10
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:57 pm

Drew Abernathy wrote:

Do you have the originals of these? I wonder what I could do in Photoshop. Not taking away your great work because THAT'S NOT EASY TO DO!

Yep, I have the original plates design, if you want I can send to you, it's the classic international championship template
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

CarterB2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:22 pm

Rough first half, we just need a spark and we off runnin'.
CarterB2
CarterB2

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Abernathy Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:57 pm

Rafael Menoncin wrote:
Drew Abernathy wrote:

Yep, I have the original plates design, if you want I can send to you, it's the classic international championship template

Sure! In the meantime, here's what I whipped up

Conference Championships - 2023 Easter10
Conference Championships - 2023 Wester10
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Rafael Menoncin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:37 pm

Our red zone offence was terrible today, we would have scored 14 points if we scored a touchdown every time we were inside Birmingham's red zone (extra point included). Yes, I did cry some man tears i'll admit it, but it was well worth it! Conference Championships - 2023 1f602 I'm pulling for Birmingham in the championship so GL to the owls!!! You guys played an extraordinary game. In conclusion, it was a great season, we'll get it next year CityHawks!!! OFC in our brand new Purple & Gold threads. Now lets get that bronze trophy!!! (BTW I will release my unis soon.) Conference Championships - 2023 1f4aa Conference Championships - 2023 1f4aa Conference Championships - 2023 1f4aa

Conference Championships - 2023 Image_10
CarterB2
CarterB2

Drew Abernathy and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:52 pm

Let's goooooooooo. Birmingham is heading to the Gridiron Bowl. Good Game New York. Yall played well. Yall gave me a scared towards the end but Birmingham came up big with that field goal. New York has my respect. 😤🫡
Appleman20
Appleman20

Drew Abernathy and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:51 pm

Congratulations to the Birmingham Owls and the Salt Lake Trappers for becoming the new conference champions of the GSL!

They proved that nothing is impossible when you have passion, determination and teamwork. From underdogs to Gridiron Bowl contenders, they have shown us what it means to overcome the odds and defy expectations. We can’t wait to see them battle it out for the ultimate glory on the field. Who will you be rooting for?

THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!
Conference Championships - 2023 G0j3o111
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Curtis, Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:51 pm

Rafael Menoncin wrote:Congratulations to the Birmingham Owls and the Salt Lake Trappers for becoming the new conference champions of the GSL!

They proved that nothing is impossible when you have passion, determination and teamwork. From underdogs to Gridiron Bowl contenders, they have shown us what it means to overcome the odds and defy expectations. We can’t wait to see them battle it out for the ultimate glory on the field. Who will you be rooting for?

THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!
Conference Championships - 2023 G0j3o111

Gotta rep the Eastern Conference, LETS GO OWLS!
CarterB2
CarterB2

Drew Abernathy and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:36 am

I'm back home, so I got those championship banners done.
Conference Championships - 2023 BIR_2023_conf
Conference Championships - 2023 SL_2023_conf
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Rafael Menoncin, Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down