The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop)

5 posters

Go down

Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop) Empty Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop)

Post  magpie Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:06 am

When I first started this, I thought maybe I could do one for every game. Unfortunately, it took too much time, so I decided I would just do one for each uniform the Icons wear this season, instead. We'll only be wearing the Cali uniform and possibly this one (depending upon what other teams wear when hosting Oakland this season), so I will (very likely) only be doing one or two more of these this year.

Hope you all enjoy this (especially the Atoms owner). Would love to see some other photoshop savvy team owners do this, also. A collection of random game pictures from throughout the season would be cool to see!

Go Icons!

Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop) 2024_010
magpie
magpie

Austin Snelick, sfcom1, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop) Empty Re: Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop)

Post  CarterB2 Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:29 pm

magpie wrote:When I first started this, I thought maybe I could do one for every game. Unfortunately, it took too much time, so I decided I would just do one for each uniform the Icons wear this season, instead. We'll only be wearing the Cali uniform and possibly this one (depending upon what other teams wear when hosting Oakland this season), so I will (very likely) only be doing one or two more of these this year.

Hope you all enjoy this (especially the Atoms owner). Would love to see some other photoshop savvy team owners do this, also. A collection of random game pictures from throughout the season would be cool to see!

Go Icons!

I would give it a try, but my experience with jersey swapping in Photoshop is horrendous, especially because I can't get real pictures of CityHawks uniforms. I have tried it out with NFL teams, but nothing has worked for me. If the CityHawks were a real team, I could probably get the hang of it.

For my after-game score graphics this season, I'm going to be using the Stadium as the picture. But a photoshopped picture would be even better.

This is the template I'm going to be using this season:
Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop) Image_41
CarterB2
CarterB2

Austin Snelick, Appleman20 and magpie like this post

Back to top Go down

Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop) Empty Re: Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop)

Post  NeauXone Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:37 pm

Used to commission an artist to do these a couple years back (might do it again), but then I also started learning how to do swaps myself. Matter of fact, just finished a new one a couple hours ago: Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop) Image103
Then there were a couple I made for the 2022 Kickoff:
Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop) Image104
NeauXone
NeauXone

Austin Snelick, Appleman20, CarterB2 and magpie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:21 am

magpie wrote:When I first started this, I thought maybe I could do one for every game. Unfortunately, it took too much time, so I decided I would just do one for each uniform the Icons wear this season, instead. We'll only be wearing the Cali uniform and possibly this one (depending upon what other teams wear when hosting Oakland this season), so I will (very likely) only be doing one or two more of these this year.

Go Icons!

I love it. Even got the Officials Uniform in there! :-)

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Appleman20, CarterB2 and magpie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  magpie Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:57 am

CarterB2 wrote:I would give it a try, but my experience with jersey swapping in Photoshop is horrendous, especially because I can't get real pictures of CityHawks uniforms. I have tried it out with NFL teams, but nothing has worked for me. If the CityHawks were a real team, I could probably get the hang of it.

For my after-game score graphics this season, I'm going to be using the Stadium as the picture. But a photoshopped picture would be even better.

Needed a bit more practice and had a bit of time, so I thought I'd do a photoshopped Cityhawks image for you. Ravens uniforms are similar in some ways, so that made it a bit easier. Also made a quick wallpaper. Enjoy!

Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop) New_yo14

Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop) New_yo13
magpie
magpie

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:11 am

I wish I could do jersey swaps. I tried to do some back in 2022 but failed, and I had to ask someone else to do the jersey swaps.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Appleman20, CarterB2 and magpie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  magpie Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:02 pm

Appleman20 wrote:I wish I could do jersey swaps. I tried to do some back in 2022 but failed, and I had to ask someone else to do the jersey swaps.

Not sure what the term "jersey swap" means on GUD/GSL, but my method is more involved than simple cut/paste. The two that I have done for the forum each required hours of manipulation as well as a lot of drawing from scratch and I'm still not totally happy with either one. I saw a lot of mistakes and learned a lot from the first one (I hadn't done a photomanipulation in photoshop for a long, long time leading up to that), thus my eagerness to do a second one rather quickly afterward. The second one still has a few things I'm not happy with, but I had to cut my time when it was (to me) good enough and could be called "finished". It will be a while before I produce another one...priorities and whatnot.

That being said, if everyone continues to be a club owner, given a long enough timeline, I will probably get around to doing a photoshop of each team, either as a standalone "photo" (like the Cityhawks piece) or as a game "photo" v the Icons/Mound Builders in the future. There's a decent chance my club will play Birmingham next season since the Mound Builders will be in the Eastern Conference and may even end up in the same division (I see Birmingham and Detroit are in the Central together). If so, I will try to produce a "photo" from a game between us.

Last edited by magpie on Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
magpie
magpie

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:03 pm

magpie wrote:
CarterB2 wrote:I would give it a try, but my experience with jersey swapping in Photoshop is horrendous, especially because I can't get real pictures of CityHawks uniforms. I have tried it out with NFL teams, but nothing has worked for me. If the CityHawks were a real team, I could probably get the hang of it.

Needed a bit more practice and had a bit of time, so I thought I'd do a photoshopped Cityhawks image for you. Ravens uniforms are similar in some ways, so that made it a bit easier. Also made a quick wallpaper. Enjoy!

Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop) New_yo14

Albuquerque Atoms at Oakland Icons, week 1 preseason press photo(shop) New_yo13

Wow! This looks so good! TYSM
CarterB2
CarterB2

Appleman20 and magpie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down