The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Web Servers Down

2 posters

Go down

Web Servers Down Empty Web Servers Down

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:27 pm

For anyone who's tried to reach the GSL website recently, the entirety of Hosting4Less, where we have the website hosted, is down.

I'm waiting to hear back from them, but Im sure they have been flooded with calls today, since their entire infrastructure seems to be down, which is probably a major problem for them.

In the worst case, like, Hosting4Less went out of business, or there is some natural disaster that I haven't head about yet that has destroyed their offices, I can simulate games by hand. I have the entire database and website backed up, so we can function in the forums if need be.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Web Servers Down Empty Re: Web Servers Down

Post  NeauXone Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:58 pm

Interesting, because it seems like I can still navigate the site without any issues. Maybe it was already fixed?
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:09 pm

NeauXone wrote:Interesting, because it seems like I can still navigate the site without any issues. Maybe it was already fixed?

It's not fixed for me. Maybe that page was cached in your browser?

At any rate, when the site comes back online, any games that should have been simulated will automatically simulate when the site comes back up, since the simulation check sees if a game has started 3 hours ago, and if there's no score. If both of those conditions are true, the simulation is automatic.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:17 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
NeauXone wrote:Interesting, because it seems like I can still navigate the site without any issues. Maybe it was already fixed?

At any rate, when the site comes back online, any games that should have been simulated will automatically simulate when the site comes back up, since the simulation check sees if a game has started 3 hours ago, and if there's no score. If both of those conditions are true, the simulation is automatic.
I'm not too sure about that. Assuming that the GUD and the GSL use the same host, there are pages on the GUD I've never touched in my life, like the CASG and Thanksgiving tab. It took them a while to load (which is a given for certain pages) but I was able to access them regardless.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:55 pm

NeauXone wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:

I'm not too sure about that. Assuming that the GUD and the GSL use the same host, there are pages on the GUD I've never touched in my life, like the CASG and Thanksgiving tab. It took them a while to load (which is a given for certain pages) but I was able to access them regardless.

Odd. We seem to be having similar results. Some people can still access the site, while others can't. Doesn't seem to be a browser problem, or OS thing. Well, it looks like you will be one of the few people who will get know the scores. If we still have problems after 4:00, would you mind posting the scores in the Week 4 thread?
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:59 pm

Looks like I'm back up and running on my end. Hopefully this means the issues were resolved.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

NeauXone and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum