The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thought on Team Ownership Across the UWFFL

2 posters

Go down

Thought on Team Ownership Across the UWFFL Empty Thought on Team Ownership Across the UWFFL

Post  Austin Snelick Mon May 24, 2021 1:51 pm

Rob, of course you have final say on the UWFFL since you're running the show, but I've a possible alternative idea to rules on how many teams an individual will own.

Current ownership rules dictate that a single owner can own one team in each league. I'm going to use my currently owned team as an example:

Premier: Vancouver Seawolves
Eastern Association: Steel City Express
Metro South Conference: Charleston Navigators
Central League: Cincinnati Grinders
Pacific Coast Conference: Calgary Alpines

Under the current rules, say, the Seawolves drop out of the premier league, I'd have to choose which team I would have to give up between Calgary and Vancouver in the PCC. Or, if, say Steel City makes their way to the premier league, I'd have to drop either Vancouver or Steel City.

I'm putting fourth an alternative, that would still limit team ownership, but wouldn't punish success.

Alternative: Each owner can own one team from each "minor league", which may or may not advance to the premier league. If an owners teams advance to the premier league, they can have multiple premier league teams, as long as they come from different minor leagues. When initially taking ownership of teams, an owner would only be able to choose one premier league team, and it must come from a different "minor league" than other teams owned by the same person.

How would this look for the teams I own then?

Premier (Pacific Coast Conference): Vancouver Seawolves
Eastern Association: Steel City Express
Metro South Conference: Charleston Navigators
Central League: Cincinnati Grinders

Because the Seawolves are from the PCC (although they are in the premier league now), and the Alpines are in the PCC, I would have to drop one of these teams, and I'd drop the Alpines.
So, I have one less team owned, but, if all of my teams do really well, I could own 4 teams in the premier league, from different "minor leagues", without having to give up a team depending on that teams performance, but more importantly, not having to give up a team that has success enough to make it to the premier league, because I already own another premier league team.

My thought is that this would be an alternative option that owners could choose, instead of the current ownership rules. But, the current ownership rules would be the other option for an owner.

Does this make sense?
Thoughts?
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Thought on Team Ownership Across the UWFFL Empty Re: Thought on Team Ownership Across the UWFFL

Post  Rob Holecko Mon May 24, 2021 9:10 pm

Actually that pretty much is how it works... the only limit is one team in each of the Division II leagues...  you can have multiple Premier League teams that have earned their way into Premier..
Andrew owns both Little Rock & Anchorage and they each earned their way into the Premier League and technically he didn't have to give up San Diego, I just asked him to because he had two teams that earned their way in and he had adopted San Diego back at the beginning... and if any of his existing Div. II teams were promoted (for instance possibly Yellowknife this year) he would be allowed to keep all three, and that's why, as you say, not to punish success.

Now true if Vancouver were to be relegated, you would have to choose between Calgary and Vancouver... but if Vancouver stays in Premier and say Steel City and Calgary both earned promotion, you could have all three in Premier.  Or if say Steel City is promoted but Vancouver was relegated this year, you could relocate one of the Western teams to the EA ... perhaps the Seawolves could become the Boston or Providence Seawolves, or something else that makes sense...   (Alpines would probably not fit in EA territory, I don't know.  Or some other relocation with a new identity.) Or move a CL team to EA and put one of the West teams in the CL... As long as I can draw somewhat plausible geographic regions without too much Gerrymandering, I will allow that.

Also Continental and La Lega are separate too.  The only limitation is only one per Division II league per owner.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Thought on Team Ownership Across the UWFFL Empty Re: Thought on Team Ownership Across the UWFFL

Post  Rob Holecko Mon May 24, 2021 10:38 pm

Or you could possibly move Cincinnati from CL to EA & Calgary from PCC to the CL... I'd have to look at a map of the layout of the 48 teams for the next season which would include expansion etc.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue May 25, 2021 8:06 am

Okay, cool.

I'll figure out what I want to do with my teams when I run into an issue then. Until now, they are fine as they are.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down