The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vote on Gridiron Bowl's II and III Locations

+8
Rafael Menoncin
Curtis
rbronish
zvought
NeauXone
Untitled0717
sfcom1
Austin Snelick
12 posters

Go down

Vote on Gridiron Bowl's II and III Locations Empty Vote on Gridiron Bowl's II and III Locations

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:35 pm

I'd like to hold a vote on where Gridiron Bowl's II and III should be hosted.

This is how the votes will work. Choose three cities which have an NFL sized stadium (about 65,000+ capacity) that can host football in the US or Toronto or Vancouver. Rank your choices from 1 to 3. The city you choose must have either an NFL, CFL, or GSL team currently occupying the city (or, potential GSL cities on the excepted expansion cities list). Note, a city is still acceptable, even if the GSL team is in a smaller stadium then capacity as long as there is a larger football venue in the city. Cincinnati or Atlanta would be an example. And don't forget, the Gridiron Bowl is held in August, so open air Northern Cities are good sites, unlike for the Super Bowl.

Two cities are eliminated: Los Angeles, and New Orleans, as they've hosted the previous two GSL Championship and Gridiron Bowl I respectively.

Most votes gets Gridiron Bowl II, and second most votes gets Gridiron Bowl III.

Here are my votes:
1. Miami (Hard Rock Stadium)
2. San Francisco (Levi's Stadium)
3. Las Vegas (Allegiant Stadium)

You can also sway people to you votes. For example, I picked three grass fields, because Super Bowls always look much better on grass, especially on the west coast.

Voting will end Thursday night, and Gridiron Bowl II and III locations will be announced Friday morning. Ask questions in this thread if you have any.

Last edited by Austin Snelick on Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Rob Holecko, Untitled0717 and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Vote on Gridiron Bowl's II and III Locations Empty Re: Vote on Gridiron Bowl's II and III Locations

Post  sfcom1 Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:49 pm

I would vote for
1. Miami, FL (Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL)
2. Las Vegas, NV (Allegiant stadium Paradise, NV)
3. Detroit, MI (Ford Field)

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Austin Snelick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Vote on Gridiron Bowl's II and III Locations Empty Re: Vote on Gridiron Bowl's II and III Locations

Post  Untitled0717 Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:51 pm

1. Lambeau Field - Green Bay, WI
2. Lucas Oil Stadium - Indianapolis, IN
3. Empower Field at Mile High - Denver, CO
Untitled0717
Untitled0717

Austin Snelick and Rafael Menoncin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:05 am

1. Louisville, KY
We're looking to host the Gridiron Bowl. Great city, great atmosphere, and an amazing venue.
2. Minneapolis, MN (US Bank Stadium)
Biased since it's my hometown but it's also another great city with possibly the best stadium in the country.
3. Seattle, WA
I always thought that Seattle should get a chance at hosting since they're not able to host the Super Bowl. The atmosphere would be crazy.

Last edited by NeauXone on Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Vote on Gridiron Bowl's II and III Locations Empty City Suggestions

Post  zvought Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:27 pm

1. Allegiant Stadium - Las Vegas, NV
It's Vegas, what more must I say? Allegiant is a newer stadium in the NFL, and is technologically astounding.

2. Lambeau Field - Green Bay, WI
The most iconic stadium, possibly in all of sports, and it's natural grass. A slam dunk of an option.

3. Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA
A little biased, as it is the home of my favorite NFL team, but hear me out. Natural grass, and it is right on the river and has some amazing views of downtown Pittsburgh.
zvought
zvought

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:53 pm

1. Allegiant Stadium
2. State Farm Stadium
3. Hard Rock Stadium
rbronish
rbronish

Austin Snelick and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Curtis Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:13 pm

1. Mercedes Benz Stadium - Atlanta - For Flying Fleet owner Rob Holecko and the frustrating season he endured last year. Just keep your butt in the owners box buddy.
2. Rogers Centre - Toronto - like..duh !!
3. Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia - Great sandwiches at Wawa to go with a Yuengling.

Dats all
Curtis
Curtis

Rob Holecko, Austin Snelick and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:50 pm

1. Las Vegas - Allegiant Stadium
The city has just built a state-of-the-art stadium, everything there is modern and eye-catching, from the golden torch to the windows overlooking the Las Vegas Strip, the stadium also has two options for the field, in addition to the natural grass that rolls into the stadium During Raiders/Outlaws games, the stadium has an artificial turf available that is used in UNLV College Football games.

2. Orlando - Camping World Stadium (Citrus Bowl Stadium)
The city of orlando, like Vegas is an excellent tourist spot and would be an excellent hostess for the big game, The historic Citrus Bowl has been revamped and perfectly fits today's requirements for an event on the level of the Gridiron bowl

3. Green Bay - Lambeau Field
Although Green Bay isn't a big market, one of the sport's cathedrals is located there, the Lambeau Field is one of the most iconic stadiums in America, however due to the extreme winter weather it has never been able to host a Super Bowl, perhaps the Gridiron bowl is the opportunity for Lambeau Field host a big game as the Gridiron bowl should take place on the summer

Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Back to top Go down

Post  92Mafia Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:56 am

1. Seattle (Lumen Field)
2. Las Vegas (Allegiant)
3. New York (Either Metlife or Yankees Stadium)
92Mafia
92Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:18 am

I realize I didn't fully explain the voting here. I stated rank your choices, but then only said most votes gets GB II, and second most gets GB III. My intention was that the highest ranked choice for each individual gets more points towards voting, but I didn't specifically say that.
To be clear then, what I stated above was true. Most votes gets GB II and second most gets GB III. The rank you put down doesn't matter in this case, all votes are worth the same.

This puts the current tallies at:
(See updated tallies bellow)

There's still today through Thursday to vote

Last edited by Austin Snelick on Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:20 am

1. Green Bay *would be a great place for a big game
2. Pittsburgh *baseball stadium has a better view, but Heinze is still nice
3. Miami *great place for championship football
Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:22 am

Looks like I need to update my tallies already ...

This puts the current tallies:
Las Vegas - 6
Green Bay - 4
Miami - 4
Pittsburgh - 2
Seattle - 2
Atlanta - 1
Denver - 1
Detroit - 1
Indianapolis - 1
Louisville - 1
Minneapolis - 1
New York - 1
Orlando - 1
Philadelphia - 1
Phoenix - 1
San Francisco - 1
Toronto - 1
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:20 pm

Reminder that tomorrow is the last day to place votes for Gridiron Bowls II and II locations.

Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Vote on Gridiron Bowl's II and III Locations Empty A bit late but here's Washington's vote

Post  Patrick Barnes Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:58 pm

A bit late but here's Washington's vote:

1. Soldier Field (Chicago, IL)
2. Allegiant Stadium (Las Vegas, NV)
3. Ford Field (Detroit, MI)
Patrick Barnes
Patrick Barnes

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:15 pm

Last day to put in a vote, if you haven't already.

Current Totals:
Las Vegas - 7
Green Bay - 4
Miami - 4
Detroit - 2
Pittsburgh - 2
Seattle - 2
Atlanta - 1
Chicago - 1
Denver - 1
Indianapolis - 1
Louisville - 1
Minneapolis - 1
New York - 1
Orlando - 1
Philadelphia - 1
Phoenix - 1
San Francisco - 1
Toronto - 1

At the moment, it looks like Las Vegas is on track to claim Gridiron Bowl II. Green Bay and Miami are in a tie, and per my usual rules, we first break the tie based on my votes, and since I voted for Miami, that vote would be nullified, meaning Green Bay would get Gridiron Bowl III if both Green Bay and Miami are still tied by the end of the day.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Well I haven't voted yet, and it being the final day, I guess I should since it is so close.

I will vote

1. Miami
2. Las Vegas
3. Seattle
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Dixon Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:05 pm

Seattle (my Sockeyes would host a good game)
Green Bay (A Championship at Lambue Field? Instant classic)
Charlotte (I don't see why this couldn't be an acceptable Super Bowl location)

Tim Dixon

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:11 pm

While we're on the topic of future Gridiron Bowls, is Zenzo the guy, would there be a random draw, or another contest? The answer may be buried deep in old threads, but I wanted to ask
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:18 pm

rbronish wrote:While we're on the topic of future Gridiron Bowls, is Zenzo the guy, would there be a random draw, or another contest? The answer may be buried deep in old threads, but I wanted to ask
Zenzo should still be the guy. Haven't heard otherwise
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:29 am

NeauXone wrote:
rbronish wrote:While we're on the topic of future Gridiron Bowls, is Zenzo the guy, would there be a random draw, or another contest? The answer may be buried deep in old threads, but I wanted to ask
Zenzo should still be the guy. Haven't heard otherwise

Yes, Zenzo is the Gridiron Bowl logo guy.

We will still have logo contests for three games this off season:
1. 2022 GSL Memorial Day Classic
2. 2022 GSL Redemption Game
3. 2022 GSL All-Star Game

I haven't set a timeline on when those contests will take place, but likely after the onslaught of new team applications I get while I'm away for Labor Day (didn't think through the timing of that, I'll have no internet half of Labor Day weekend).

Maybe we will do one a month from October through December. The Memorial Day Classic logo contest probably can't be done until I have the schedule set (that should be easy once I have all 32 teams known. I wrote a Python script that builds a schedule, although, I can't hard code certain games without the script never finishing for some reason. If anyone has some Python experience, I'll share the code Smile )
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

92Mafia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:34 am

Final Vote Counts:
Las Vegas - 8
Green Bay - 5
Miami - 5
Seattle - 4
Detroit - 2
Pittsburgh - 2
Atlanta - 1
Charlotte - 1
Chicago - 1
Denver - 1
Indianapolis - 1
Louisville - 1
Minneapolis - 1
New York - 1
Orlando - 1
Philadelphia - 1
Phoenix - 1
San Francisco - 1
Toronto - 1

Alright, so it looks like we have a clear winner for Gridiron Bowl II, set for Allegiant Stadium in Paradise, NV!
For Gridiron Bowl III we have a tie for both Green Bay and Miami at 5 votes. As stated before, as this goes for all contests, we first break a tie by removing my entry, and in this case, that's a vote for Miami, so Lambeau Field will be hosting Gridiron Bowl III!

Next off season we can hold another vote for Gridiron Bowl IV. Thanks everyone for participating!
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Ethan Guevara, sfcom1 and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down