The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Special Anniversary

3 posters

Go down

A Special Anniversary Empty A Special Anniversary

Post  sfcom1 Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:07 am

I just wanted to share a special moment today.

As most of you know, I am a Certified High School and Junior College Referee in the State of Arizona. I began my career when I was in the US Army officiating while stationed at Fort Bliss in El Paso, TX and exending that for 5 years while Stationed in Germany. Working intuermural games at the Brigade and Division level. I have Officiated games in Football, Baseball, Basketball, and volleyball while in the Army and both High School and Junior College. I also have umpired Games for MLB Spring Training ("Extended Spring" for the AAA and AA teams training in Arizona), MLB Arizona Rookie League, The Woman's Professional Football League, Several Pop Warner and assortted youth football and baseball leagues. And Arizona Gridiron Football (The Semi Pro League before AAF and the XFL).

Today will be the start of my 30th year of officiating in Arizona (36th overall with my US Army experience). Starting tonight with my "Official Scrimmage" at Buckeye High School in Buckeye, AZ. And tomorrow It get's "Real" as my season begins with Cortez High School in Central Phoenix.

It is rare of Officials to last that long (especially with all the abuse that is now being dumped on us by "Snowflake" parents. Who think "Little Jonny, or Little Jane" can do no wrong, so it has to be the officals fault. Costing them and by proxy the parents BIG $$$ at the Pro level). I am not sure how much longer I will continue to referee, as each year brings new challenges (and minor injuires). But I just wanted to share this moment with my "Extended" GSL and UWFFL family.

I will be posting Pictures later tonight of my scrimmage. So keep an eye out for them! Very Happy

A Special Anniversary K2ZvGnqh

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Rob Holecko, Austin Snelick, NeauXone, Untitled0717, 92Mafia, Patrick Barnes and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

A Special Anniversary Empty Re: A Special Anniversary

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:41 am

Is this you haha
Ref Lays out the QB

Just kidding, but I'd like to see some pictures
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Curtis Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:41 am

Congrats on this great accomplishment John !! That`s a long resume and a lot of refereeing and umpiring !

Have a great day

Curtis
Curtis
Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:03 pm

The Pics from the Cortez game did not come out. But here is a pre game pic from last nights game at Verado HS, in Buckeye, AZ
I am the Umpire on our crew, and second from the left.

A Special Anniversary QQcGPLgh

Last edited by sfcom1 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
sfcom1
sfcom1

Austin Snelick, NeauXone, Untitled0717, Ethan Guevara, 92Mafia, Patrick Barnes and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down