The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Playoff Bowl" Name and Logo Design Contest

2 posters

Go down

"Playoff Bowl" Name and Logo Design Contest Empty "Playoff Bowl" Name and Logo Design Contest

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:36 pm

I'm moving all "Playoff Bowl" discussion into it's own thread.

I've been thinking about what we could do for the "Playoff Bowl", and here's my ideas.

We can hold a competition do decide on the logo, name of the game, and location, based on designs you all come up with. The competition would be open to people who are not team owners in the league right now, in addition to all team owners.

How would this competition work? I'm still thinking about logistics and timing, but essentially, every entry would be required to have the following:
Come up with a name for the game (Playoff Bowl and Bronze Bowl have been some early suggestions, but you can name the game anything you want).
Come up with a logo, which should be shown as both on a white background, and a color background. The ONLY text on the logo should be the name of the game, and the year. Game location should appear in text BELOW the logo, not part of the logo.
Come up with a location for the game, which must be a major city in the US or Canada, with either a current NFL team occupying the stadium, or a large, NFL sized stadium that could support the game in a major city (thinks makes Hawaii, Orlando, Toronto, and similar cities eligible to host)

For fairness, I'll have everyone send me their submissions via email, and I'd randomly number entries, and post them for people to vote on.

These aren't official competition rules yet. If you all have feedback on if you'd like to do a competition like this, that would be helpful.

Last edited by Austin Snelick on Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

"Playoff Bowl" Name and Logo Design Contest Empty Re: "Playoff Bowl" Name and Logo Design Contest

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:24 am

I want to state that this contest hasn't started yet, so please don't send me any submissions just yet. It may be a few weeks before I open this up, and I'll give ample amount of time to submit entires.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

"Playoff Bowl" Name and Logo Design Contest Empty Re: "Playoff Bowl" Name and Logo Design Contest

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:07 pm

Okay, it's time to make this an official league contest.

** Note: This contest is open to all league owners, as well as non-league owners (there are some prospective 2022 league owners who would like to be involved with the league, so this rule will help include them)

Official Contest guidelines:

1. Come up with a name for the game, that will take place between the conference runner ups

2. Choose a location for the game to take place
* The game must take place in a major city in the United States or Canada
* A major city is a city with a current NFL team occupying the city, or a large, NFL sized stadium that could support the game in a major city (this makes Hawaii, Orlando, Vancouver, and similar cities eligible to host)
* If you are not sure if the city you want to host the game in qualifies, you can ask me via email (DO NOT post the question in the forum)
* Multiple submissions can choose the same city as host, so there is no need to "claim" a city for this contest

3. Come up with a logo for the game.
* The logo should be shown on a white background, and on a color background
* The logo itself must include the name of the game, and the year
* There should be no other text in the logo itself, other than the name of the game, and the year
* Below the logo (but not a part of the logo itself), include the location of the game (city and stadium)

4. The contest begins today, and will end at the conclusion of week 10 of the 2021 GSL season (week 10 ends at 11:15PM Eastern time Monday April 26th)

5. Once you have completed a design, email the submission to gridironuniforms@gmail.com
* DO NOT post anything related to your submission to the forum, as to not give away who created the logos. YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF YOU DO SO.
* Once you have emailed your submission, your submission is final

6. Determining a contest winner
* I will create an online album for all of the logo submissions, and assign each submission a number
* League members will give a ranked choice vote of their favorite three submissions, by telling me a place, and the submission number
* EX) 1st: submission 5 2nd: submission 2 3rd: submission 4
* Voting will start once the album is posted Tuesday April 27th, and will end at the conclusion of week 11 of the 2021 GSL season (week 11 ends at 11:15PM Eastern time Monday May 3rd)
* 1st place votes are worth 3 points, 2nd worth 2 points, and 3rd worth 1 point. The submission with the most points will win the contest.

Hopefully these rules are clear. If any of you have questions, or anything else, please post them here.
I'm giving a lot of time to complete this contest, for those of you with busy schedules that want to participate, so take your time coming up with a design.
Again, remember that submissions are final once I get them, so make sure you've got your design perfect and have followed all the rules before submitting a design.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Rob Holecko and 92Mafia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:24 am

Bumping this thread, for anyone who may have missed it.

The deadline for logo submission is still a month away, so plenty of time. I myself haven't gotten started on a logo, so no rush, just keep the deadline in mind.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

92Mafia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:16 pm

I'm working on a logo (without giving away any details). I still have some work to do, but I'll be in before the deadline.
Good luck to evryone else entering!
Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:04 pm

Just posting another reminder that time is slowly ticking down on this contest, with 17 days left.
So far I have received only three submissions, so odds aren't too bad for all of those who have entered.

I'd also like to clarify a rule I put in the contest guidelines, because I think there is a gray area on voting, and who can vote.

"League members will give a ranked choice vote of their favorite three submissions, by telling me a place, and the submission number"

This line above specifically designates that only league members can vote in this contest, even though non-league members can participate. This is intentional, since I only wanted owners within the league to vote. Andrew Seagraves, owner of the Salt Lake Trappers, for clarification here, is eligible to vote, since the Trappers have played some games within the GSL, even though they are exhibition games. I'm sure no one would oppose that, but Andrew, you should know that you can vote in this contest.

Other than that, there are a couple owners who made a donation to the site, and own one of the original 6 teams I made, but just own the team in name, but haven't really participated in the season, and are mostly just bystanders. These members can vote, but it's unlikely they will. Most voters I assume will be the league members we see post here weekly for uniforms and fields. I may relay some votes from my wife (owner of the Bluebirds, who won't know which entry is mine, if I have time to put one in), and Tim Dixon (owner of the Sockeyes), who is a friend of mine who texts me his uniforms and fields each week.

The other thing I have, is, I'd like to have a second, less formal vote, where everyone votes for their favorite game name out of the logo designs, separate form the logo designs. I may think of permanently naming the game something different than the best rated logo's game name is this year, based on feedback on everyone's favorite game name, since there's some good name suggestions in the batch of logos I've received so far.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Dixon Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:04 am

I can post to vote if that's bettert, I just don't like doing the captchas every time, so I just text. Much easier

Tim Dixon

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:02 am

Tim Dixon wrote:I can post to vote if that's bettert, I just don't like doing the captchas every time, so I just text. Much easier

Just make an account on the forum if you want to avoid the captcha.

And yeah, I think it'll just be easier of you post yourself if you want to vote.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:23 am

Reminder that this contest ends in 6 days, on Monday night.

So far I have 4 logo submissions.

Oh, and I should also clarify, since I hadn't before, that voting for yourself isn't against the rules, since I never stated it wasn't, and with this few entries, anyone who entered would almost not have a choice.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:35 am

Final reminder that this contest ends tonight.

I will create a dedicated voting thread tomorrow morning.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down