The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio Mound Builders: 2025 helmet glimpse...as gumball helmets

2 posters

Go down

Ohio Mound Builders: 2025 helmet glimpse...as gumball helmets Empty Ohio Mound Builders: 2025 helmet glimpse...as gumball helmets

Post  magpie Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:58 am

The Mound Builders will be releasing graphics of our 2025 helmets and uniforms, as well as the story behind our name and imagery, as the 2024 season winds down.

This first installment is a tribute to the outgoing Icons and a glimpse of the 2025 Mound Builders helmets...presented as gumball helmets.

Ohio Mound Builders: 2025 helmet glimpse...as gumball helmets 2024_o10

This is the fourth and final season in California for the 3-time (and reigning) Pacific Division champions, Oakland.

Gumball helmet versions of 2024 Icons:

Ohio Mound Builders: 2025 helmet glimpse...as gumball helmets 2024_o11

The Mound Builders will have two primary helmets. One is a white helmet with green facemask, featuring the Great Serpent Mound logo on the left side and numbers on the right. The other is a green helmet with a white facemask and our turtle effigy logo on both sides. Neither helmet will have center stripes.

Ohio will also have a third (alternate) helmet which will be white with a green facemask, featuring green/white/green striping as an acknowledgement of the Ohio Bobcats, whose traditional colors we share. There are no logos on either side, a homage to the Cleveland Browns iconic helmets.

Gumball helmet versions of 2025 Ohio Mound Builders:

Ohio Mound Builders: 2025 helmet glimpse...as gumball helmets 2025_o10

Note: The actual green on helmets and uniforms will be much brighter (closer to the shade of green on the facemasks) than the green depicted on the gumball helmet stickers and green helmet shell.

More to come in the weeks ahead...hope you enjoyed the first peek at our inaugural season helmets!

magpie
magpie

Austin Snelick, Rafael Menoncin, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Ohio Mound Builders: 2025 helmet glimpse...as gumball helmets Empty Re: Ohio Mound Builders: 2025 helmet glimpse...as gumball helmets

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:21 am

Awesome work!
How do you make the gumball helmets?
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20, CarterB2 and magpie like this post

Back to top Go down

Ohio Mound Builders: 2025 helmet glimpse...as gumball helmets Empty Re: Ohio Mound Builders: 2025 helmet glimpse...as gumball helmets

Post  magpie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:02 am

Austin Snelick wrote:Awesome work!
How do you make the gumball helmets?

These are old school OPI helmet shells and facemasks. I'm a long time collector, so I have extras laying around that are missing stickers.

The Mound Builders alternate helmet I made from a stripe sticker I lifted off of an old Packers helmet and put on a white shell. The green facemasks are originally from NCAA helmet checkers that OPI manufactured. I got them from the person who made the stickers for me.

For the Icons, I had an extra black facemask but had to create a pink one by lightly sanding a white one and painting it with fabric paint.

The stickers are custom stickers made by a friend of mine who sells custom OPI helmets/stickers online.

I would be happy to put you (or anyone interested) in touch with him. He can sell you the helmets/facemasks, too, though colored facemasks are hard to come by and you might have to paint them yourself if you need something other than white.

Message me, if interested.
magpie
magpie

Austin Snelick, Rafael Menoncin, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down