The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts

+3
Curtis
Austin Snelick
Rob Holecko
7 posters

Go down

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts Empty Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts

Post  Rob Holecko Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:47 pm

I decided to go ahead and open up this thread. It will be open ended for now with no specific deadline, but we may open and close at various times due to amount of submissions that are received.

There will be further details released later, but for now we will be accepting submissions for possible Fall 2021 expansion. However, teams and concepts may be randomly offered early inclusion into the accelerated 2016-2020 seasons that will be simulated in the coming months.

Feel free to post teams names, uniforms, wordmarks or any other details that you would like. UWFFL teams may be in any geographic location in the USA or Canada.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

92Mafia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts Empty Re: Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:38 pm

Rob Holecko wrote:I decided to go ahead and open up this thread.  It will be open ended for now with no specific deadline, but we may open and close at various times due to amount of submissions that are received.

There will be further details released later, but for now we will be accepting submissions for possible Fall 2021 expansion.  However, teams and concepts may be randomly offered early inclusion into the accelerated 2016-2020 seasons that will be simulated in the coming months.

Feel free to post teams names, uniforms, wordmarks or any other details that you would like.  UWFFL teams may be in any geographic location in the USA or Canada.

Are the teams on the UWFFL website all the current teams and locations? Or are there more, that would make other cities off limits?
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Rob Holecko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts Empty Re: Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts

Post  Rob Holecko Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:10 pm

That is a good question... The site has the current "teams" as they were in 2015, but there are a few changes that won't be indicated anywhere yet.   But for the most part we will be more lenient than the GSL and allow more than one team in a city although we would discourage it.  For instance we had 2 teams in Brooklyn, and that worked out fine.

I will put out a list of all existing franchises soon.  There are also existing franchises than have been abandoned that are available to take over.

To go ahead and give a little more info, the main part of the UWFFL is made up of a 12 team Premier league and 4 geographically arranged Division II divisions.   Expansion teams will begin play in a Division II league.  There is yearly Promotion and Relegation between the Premier league and the Division II.

Owners may only have one team in a particular Division II league at a time, however an owner may have multiple teams that earn their way into Premier League.  For instance Curtis may own Iowa in the Central League and another team in the Pacific Coast Conference but if Pontiac was relegated to Division II we would try to align one of his Central League teams to the Eastern Association or Metro South, for instance, but if we were geographically unable to justify that, we may require him to relocate that franchise, swap it with another owner or some other resolution, perhaps surrender it to the league.  However if Iowa were to earn promotion into the Premier League, he could own both Iowa and Pontiac in the Premier league just fine.

We try to keep continuity with franchises throughout ownership changes.

If we get a lot of interest, we may further limit ownership to the amount of Division II teams, or possibly expand each Division II league to 16 teams.  But for now owners may have up to 4 Division II teams.  And owners who have teams in Division II accepted under that rule will be grandfathered in, meaning if in 2022 we decide to limit owners to only 2 Division II teams across the 4 leagues, that will not apply to any existing franchises.

Also teams that finish below .500 in Division II have to requalify for the following season.  They will go into a pool with potential expansion teams for Summer qualification.

More to come.

Last edited by Rob Holecko on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

92Mafia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:44 pm

Rob Holecko wrote:That is a good question... The site has the current "teams" as they were in 2015, but there are a few changes that won't be indicated anywhere yet.   But for the most part we will be more lenient than the GSL and allow more than one team in a city although we would discourage it.  For instance we had 2 teams in Brooklyn, and that worked out fine.

I will put out a list of all existing franchises soon.  There are also existing franchises than have been abandoned that are available to take over.

To go ahead and give a little more info, the main part of the UWFFL is made up of a 12 team Premier league and 4 geographically arranged Division II divisions.   Expansion teams will begin play in a Division II league.  There is yearly Promotion and Relegation between the Premier league and the Division II.

Owners may only have one team in a particular Division II league at a time, however an owner may have multiple teams that earn their way into Premier League.  For instance Curtis may own Iowa in the Central League and another team in the Pacific Coast Conference but if Pontiac was relegated to Division II we would try to align one of his Central League teams to the Eastern Association  or Metro South, for instance, but if we were geographically unable to justify that, we may require him to relocate that franchise, swap it with another owner or some other resolution, perhaps surrender it to the league.  However if Iowa were to earn promotion into the Premier League, he could own both Iowa and Pontiac in the Premier league just fine.

We try to keep continuity with franchises throughout ownership changes.

If we get a lot of interest, we may further limit ownership to the amount of Division II teams, or possibly expand each Division II league to 16 teams.  But for now owners may have up to 4 Division II teams.  And owners who have teams in Division II accepted under that rule will be grandfathered in, meaning if in 2022 we decide to limit owners to only 2 Division II teams across the 4 leagues, that will not apply to any existing franchises.

Also teams that finish below .500 in Division II have to requalify for the following season.  They will go into a pool with potential expansion teams for Summer qualification.

More to come.

Okay, awesome. I'm looking forward to this!
(and if the Vancouver Seawolves have been abandoned, I'd like to adopt them)
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Rob Holecko and 92Mafia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Curtis Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:10 pm

Thanks for the info Rob, as a long time member I encourage prospective owners to join the UWFFL , its a good bit of fun. If you`re finding the GSL fun then the UWFFL will be as well.

I have a question . I have the BC Lumberjacks in the PCC division II , and I believe they will compete in the Champions League. Does that free up a spot for me to place a team in the PCC , or does that scenario only apply to the Premier League ? Thanks
Curtis
Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:38 pm

Ok there's an error... the Division II Champ should be in the  Champions Cup, and that's Pontiac, not British Columbia.   But anyway the two Division II finalists + the Promotion Bowl winner got the 3 promotions to Premier League for 2015.  British Columbia was not promoted to Premier so they will return to the PCC in Fall 2015.

The Champions Cup is not a full Fall season league, it is just an extra competition for the Champions.  And teams don't give up their Fall league membership to compete in it.

Last edited by Rob Holecko on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:21 am

Okay, actually British Columbia did qualify for the 2015 Champions Cup based on their winning of the 2015 Maple Leaf Cup, and actually Pontiac will not be in the 2015 Champions Cup as the Division II Champion does not qualify for that competition.

But the rest of my previous answer still stands.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:22 am

I did a little concept, which may or may not work for the UWFFL, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Worst case, I'll put this team up for sale in the GSL expansion for 2022, or relocate one of the original 6 teams.

The Vancouver Seawolves have intrigued me, so I made a re-branded concept for them.
Looking at the old game programs in the UWFFL, the Seawolves mascot looks like it was actually an Orca, but since there is already a team, the Anchorage Orcas, I decided to rebrand the team mascot to a wolf.
In similar vain to the Seattle Seahawks, I tried a Pacific northwest totem pole kind of look:

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts Kt3KuJO

I'm still working on a couple possible tweaks, but this is pretty much the final design.

Rob, I don't want to be stepping on anyone's toes if they own this team in the UWFFL, so, like I said, if this team is still managed in the UWFFL, I'll may use this as a basis for an expansion team for 2022.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Rob Holecko, sfcom1, Curtis and Drew Abernathy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Abernathy Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:27 pm

Love that livery!!
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:21 pm

This is Also A concept I was working on That might not work in the UWFFL. Possibly be used for expansion in the GSL

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts TVSsTL6
sfcom1
sfcom1

Rob Holecko, Rafael Menoncin and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:44 pm

sfcom1 wrote:This is Also A concept I was working on That might not work in the UWFFL. Possibly be used for expansion in the GSL

Oh, I think that would work just fine in the UWFFL... In fact, we have a Detroit Demons franchise in the Premier League who's owner is in absentia, I think that this would be a good rebranding of them.

I am going to start a separate thread showcasing the 12 UWFFL Premier League teams and which remaining teams are available and open them up to claimants there.

Look for that thread for the Premier League, and later on I will start other threads for discussion of existing teams in the other leagues.  

Feel free to continue to post other new expansion concepts in this thread.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

92Mafia and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:05 pm

I think I'm happy with where the Seawolves rebranding is for now. I might make changes in the future, or maybe not.

Here's what I got for the rebrand:

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts JT1Qq1l
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Rob Holecko, 92Mafia, sfcom1, Patrick Davis, Curtis and Drew Abernathy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:18 pm

Here is the Style sheet for the Motor City Drive!

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts Ixq0gGFh
sfcom1
sfcom1

Rob Holecko and Patrick Davis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:31 pm

And here is the field in a better resolution.

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts SAFY9DWh

Last edited by sfcom1 on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better picture)
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:53 pm

I'm debating whether to let Vancouver & Motor City (as well as the other owners that are taking over existing franchises if they want) go ahead and enter these new looks in next week's Fall 2020 Simulation.  

The initial reason I had said for the Fall was I didn't want anyone to be encouraged to rush their designing process, but you two have these ready to go it looks like, so I say why not.  If the other new owners can go ahead and get me a home and away uniform posted here by Sunday, then I'll allow you to go ahead and enter for the Fall 2020 Simulation.  But don't rush anything, you may have the time if you need it to wait and submit your redesign for the Fall if you'd prefer.

Anybody's input is appreciated.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:44 pm

Rob Holecko wrote:I'm debating whether to let Vancouver & Motor City (as well as the other owners that are taking over existing franchises if they want) go ahead and enter these new looks in next week's Fall 2020 Simulation.  

The initial reason I had said for the Fall was I didn't want anyone to be encouraged to rush their designing process, but you two have these ready to go it looks like, so I say why not.  If the other new owners can go ahead and get me a home and away uniform posted here by Sunday, then I'll allow you to go ahead and enter for the Fall 2020 Simulation.  But don't rush anything, you may have the time if you need it to wait and submit your redesign for the Fall if you'd prefer.

I am pretty much ready to go. I remember watching the old Detroit Drive of the Arena Football League, and seeing it on AFN (Armed Forces Network a Part of the "Great" Army and Air Force Radio and Television Service or AAFRTS). So having a chance to rebrand with a "Sucessfull" name is a great honor.
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  92Mafia Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:40 am

I've got to ask you guys, what programs do you use to make these? Because I currently lost my free trial to illustrator so I'm wondering if I should risk pirating illustrator or if I should be using a different program.
92Mafia
92Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:19 am

92Mafia wrote:I've got to ask you guys, what programs do you use to make these? Because I currently lost my free trial to illustrator so I'm wondering if I should risk pirating illustrator or if I should be using a different program.

I actually just use MS Paint for most things. Since I've been using it for years, I've got all the little tricks down, and I really like working at a flat pixel level.

I also have GIMP, which is free, and is much more powerful than paint. GIMP is great for layering, and other kinds of image manipulation. I end up using it mostly to outline images, or curving text.

Paint obviously only runs on windows, but GIMP should run on any OS (Windows, Mac, Linux).
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

92Mafia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:28 am

Rob Holecko wrote:I'm debating whether to let Vancouver & Motor City (as well as the other owners that are taking over existing franchises if they want) go ahead and enter these new looks in next week's Fall 2020 Simulation.  

Up to you if you want to use these for 2020, or wait until 2021, but here's the Seawolves default home and away uniforms:

Home
Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts JoFtvZf

Away
Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts 79twruB

Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:03 am

Austin Snelick wrote:Up to you if you want to use these for 2020, or wait until 2021, but here's the Seawolves default home and away uniforms:

Home
Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts JoFtvZf

Away
Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts 79twruB

I like them. If you're happy that that's the finished product, then I'll go ahead and consider the franchise transfer competed and Vancouver can go ahead and take the field with those for this 2020 season.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

sfcom1 and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:33 am

Here are the default Home and Away uniforms for the Motor City Drive.

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts TSPKJGNh

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts IXyjJM0h

Last edited by sfcom1 on Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong namem wrong files)
sfcom1
sfcom1

Rob Holecko, Austin Snelick, Patrick Davis and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 am

Rob Holecko wrote:

I like them.  If you're happy that that's the finished product, then I'll go ahead and consider the franchise transfer competed and Vancouver can go ahead and take the field with those for this 2020 season.

Yep, I'm happy with these for 2020. If I want to make changes (not sure that I will), they would be for the 2021 season.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Rob Holecko and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:05 pm

San Diego Storm rebrand!

Primary logo 
Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts 252_se13

Secondary logo

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts 281_se10

Home uniformProspective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts 278_se10

Away Uniform

Prospective UWFFL Expansion Teams / Concepts 279_se10
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Rob Holecko, Austin Snelick, sfcom1, Patrick Davis and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down