The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021/2022 GSL Offseason Schedule

Go down

2021/2022 GSL Offseason Schedule Empty 2021/2022 GSL Offseason Schedule

Post  Austin Snelick Mon May 10, 2021 4:55 pm

I figured I'd start this thread now, so I can give the current owners (and prospective new owners) a heads up on how the off season will work, prior to the 2022 season.

The 2021 GSL season ends after the GSL All-Star Game, which is scheduled to take place the week after the Gridiron Bowl. This means the offseason will start Sunday August 8, 2021.

I am going to start accepting applications for 7 new teams for the 2022 season starting September 1, 2021.
This is important to existing teams who may want to relocate their team, or rename their team, or owner wishing to leave the GSL.

Any current league owners who would like to apply for relocation (or a name change) will have to do it by August 30, 2021. This is to make sure that all existing GSL owners are happy with where there team is located, and their team name for the 2022 season, before I start accepting new teams.

A note on teams wishing to leave the GSL. First off, I've been working with some ad providers to try and generate more revenue for the site, so I would really like to reduce, or possibly eliminate the franchise fee for existing owners (new owners will still have the $20 franchise fee). I'm hoping for the best on that, and of course, as outlined a while ago, there will still be discounts for teams that advance in the playoffs. I will know before the off season begins what the franchise fees will be set at.
IF, as an owner you would like to widthdraw from the league, if I am informed before August 30, 2021, your teams designs will be retired, or, you can allow a new owner to "purchase" your team. If you decide after August 30, 2021, your team will be put up for "sale" to be taken over by a new owner. If your team is taken over by new ownership, the new owner will not be allowed to make changes to your team until after a full season has passed. If you willingly released ownership of your team before August 30, 2021, after the full season has passed under new ownership, you will have the option to get your team back (think of the new ownership as a 1 year lease). If you release your team on or after September 1, 2021, the new owner will have full control of that team after the first year of ownership. If you choose to give up your existing team, you will not be able to apply for a new franchise for the 2022 season.

Some notes on relocation and name changes. Unlike the 2021 new team application process will have a list of pre-approved cities by the league which new franchises may play (it'll be a pretty good sized list of cities large enough for a franchise, and far enough away from existing teams). Any team wishing to relocate will also have to comply with the accepted list of available cities. As previously stated, if you would like to relocate your team, or change the team name, that must be done by August 30, 2021. You can send me an email at any time before then (starting today even) if you intend to do this for 2022. Moves and team name changes won't be final until September 1, 2021, so you could change your mind up until the move is official. If you relocate your team, or change the team name, you will have to keep that location / team name for 3 full season following the relocation / name change before being able to relocate / change the name again. This is to keep owners from jumping their team around every season, and keeps a little more team consistency, while still allowing owners to move and change their team.

Logo and uniform updates for 2022. You can change pretty much anything about the design of your team between seasons, every season. I will accept new logo and uniform designs for existing teams at the start of the offseason, up until January 1, 2022 (so I have time to update everything for the website). Same rules apply as last year for sending me new logos and uniforms.

Owning a new, or second franchise. New owners get first dibs on the 7 newly available franchises. Starting September 1, 2021 I will accept ownership applications from new owners (who do not own a GSL team currently). Starting December 1, 2021, if there happens to be any franchise slots still available, current owners can apply for a 2nd team (this would require a $20 franchise fee for the new team). If we reach January 1, 2022 and there are still available teams, current owners can own as many teams as they'd like until we have owners for 32 franchises. Important note, if you own multiple teams, at the end of the season, you will have to choose only a single team to own for the following season, while your additional teams will be put up for "sale". The rules for willingly giving up a team as an owner would apply (so team designs will not be allowed to change under new ownership until after the new owner has had the team for a full season), and you would be able to get your team back after that year is up, if you would like it back. If one of your extra teams isn't "bought", you can hold onto that team for the next season as well.

This is a rough outline for the offseason. I'm sure this could be confusing in some spots, so please ask me questions about anything related to the off season and team ownership.

Last edited by Austin Snelick on Mon May 10, 2021 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

92Mafia, sfcom1, Patrick Barnes, Rafael Menoncin and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

2021/2022 GSL Offseason Schedule Empty Re: 2021/2022 GSL Offseason Schedule

Post  Austin Snelick Mon May 10, 2021 5:08 pm

Recap of important dates for the 2021/2022 offseason:

Starting Today: Team owners contemplating a relocation or name change can send me an application
August 7, 2021: GSL All-Star Game
August 8, 2021: 2021/2022 off season begins
August 8, 2021: Current GSL owners can begin sending team design changes (new logos, uniforms, etc. if they want to make changes)
August 30, 2021: Last day for current team owners to submit an application for relocation or a name change
August 30, 2021: Last day for current owners to willingly give up owning a franchise for the 2022 season, and be able to "buy back" that team for the 2023 season
September 1, 2021: Relocations and name changes for existing teams becomes final
September 1, 2021: Any current owner who gives up ownership for the 2022 season on or after this date, will not be able to "buy back" that team for the 2023 season (unless new ownership releases that team)
September 1, 2021: The GSL will accept applications for new franchises in pre-approved cities (if you'd like another city, not on the pre-approved list, you'll have to make a case)
December 1, 2021: Any current GSL owner will be able to apply for ownership of a second team, if any expansion teams are still available
January 1, 2022: Deadline for owners to pay the franchise fee for their team (at this point, other potential owners can purchase the team)
January 1, 2022: If there are still un-owned teams, current GSL owners may own any number of teams until there are 32 owned teams in the GSL
February 3, 2022: First week of the 2022 preseason

Last edited by Austin Snelick on Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:04 pm

Bumping this thread back to the top, as more teams enter their offseason.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:26 am

The 2021/2022 GSL offseason has arrived.

Starting today, Current GSL owners can begin sending team design changes (new logos, uniforms, etc. if they want to make changes) to me for approval, and for addition to the website. The process will be similar to what you did last year.

Also, we still have the two following options for teams in place for relocations / leaving the GSL running though August 30th:

August 30, 2021: Last day for current team owners to submit an application for relocation or a name change
August 30, 2021: Last day for current owners to willingly give up owning a franchise for the 2022 season, and be able to "buy back" that team for the 2023 season

These options are further explained in the first post of this thread, but ask me if you have any questions.

Again with the franchise fee, I'm still waiting to get paid ad money (seems to be a theme with ad companies), but once I do, I'll officially state who owes what (playoff teams will have smaller fees depending on their success). Again, for returning owners it will be $4 as a base (see franchise fee thread), and for new owners it will still be $20 (since that's what you all paid last year for your first season of ownership).
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Curtis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down