The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 GSL Schedule

+9
Zycho32
92Mafia
rbronish
Untitled0717
zvought
Rafael Menoncin
Patrick Davis
NeauXone
Austin Snelick
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2022 GSL Schedule Empty 2022 GSL Schedule

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:08 pm

I'll start with there's no schedule yet, but I am still working on a python script that will produce a good schedule.

Some more research on scheduling has lead me here:
https://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/csep521/07wi/prj/sam_scott.pdf

The interesting part is in section 4, with pre-determined home and away patterns, and mapping teams to a pattern.
If I pre-determine 32 home away patterns, then scheduling games comes down to, who needs a home or away game in the given week, and I can pull from each teams set of opponents.

Making the 32 patterns shouldn't be too difficult, since I can use the NFL schedule from this season, and just add an extra home or away game to the front of the pattern, to get 32 unique home/away patterns.

So, a schedule isn't ready yet, but, I know have what I believe to be a viable way to generate a schedule each season, if I pull the home/away patterns from the current season's NFL schedule. That'll also keep things random enough, plus, when I want teams to be home on a particular week, then I pick a pattern for that team that has the team home in the weeks I want them to be. This should also make hand scheduling games a little easier.

Implementing this would be a somewhat big code re-work, but, I think we can expect the 2022 GSL schedule to come out in October. Team opponents, and home/away games without the weekly schedule can be out as soon as I know the city for Team 32, which I could release tomorrow, since we should know Team 32's city by then.

Last edited by Austin Snelick on Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

2022 GSL Schedule Empty Re: 2022 GSL Schedule

Post  NeauXone Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:15 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:I'll start with there's no schedule yet, but I am still working on a python script that will produce a good schedule.

The interesting part is in section 4, with pre-determined home and away patterns, and mapping teams to a pattern.
If I pre-determine 32 home away patterns, then scheduling games comes down to, who needs a home or away game in the given week, and I can pull from each teams set of opponents.

Making the 32 patterns shouldn't be too difficult, since I can use the NFL schedule from this season, and just add an extra home or away game to the front of the pattern, to get 32 unique home/away patterns.

So, a schedule isn't ready yet, but, I know have what I believe to be a viable way to generate a schedule each season, if I pull the home/away patterns from the current season's NFL schedule. That'll also keep things random enough, plus, when I want teams to be home on a particular week, then I pick a pattern for that team that has the team home in the weeks I want them to be. This should also make hand scheduling games a little easier.

Implementing this would be a somewhat big code re-work, but, I think we can expect the 2022 GSL schedule to come out in October. Team opponents, and home/away games without the weekly schedule can be out as soon as I know the city for Team 32, which I could release tomorrow, since we should know Team 32's city by then.
Sounds good. I have some pretty cool graphics to drop once the schedule rollout starts.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:14 pm

NeauXone wrote:Sounds good. I have some pretty cool graphics to drop once the schedule rollout starts.

Figured you would. Looking forward to it!
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:20 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:I'll start with there's no schedule yet, but I am still working on a python script that will produce a good schedule.

Ugh, this is why I leave the smart people snake writing you you guys lol
Thanks for putting in all the work!
Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:05 pm

Alright, just one last question. Will the home/away designations come before the schedule drops, or will we just know once everything's done?
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:32 pm

NeauXone wrote:Alright, just one last question. Will the home/away designations come before the schedule drops, or will we just know once everything's done?

Once I know the city for team 32, I'll know all the matchups, and who's the home team, and who's the away team. Just not when those games are scheduled, until I produce a full schedule.
We aren't far off though, and I'll probably release the schedule here in parts, because I still have to figure out the prime time games, and international games and things like that. Put the opponents and week will come before that.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:53 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
NeauXone wrote:Alright, just one last question. Will the home/away designations come before the schedule drops, or will we just know once everything's done?

Once I know the city for team 32, I'll know all the matchups, and who's the home team, and who's the away team. Just not when those games are scheduled, until I produce a full schedule.
We aren't far off though, and I'll probably release the schedule here in parts, because I still have to figure out the prime time games, and international games and things like that. Put the opponents and week will come before that.
That's great. Voting for a city is no longer allowed I'm guessing, so I'll let the process take care of itself.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:27 am

NeauXone wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:

That's great. Voting for a city is no longer allowed I'm guessing, so I'll let the process take care of itself.

Actually, it still is, since there's still a tie. See that other thread.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:26 am

Since we now know that Kansas City will be the home city for team 32, I can release the opponents for each team for the 2022 season.
Sorry for the format, but the forums aren't good with text formatting.

Opponents by Team
------------------

Eastern Conference Opponents by Team

East Division
Baltimore Bluebirds: [ BOS h, BOS a, NY h, NY a, WAS h, WAS a, CHI h, PEN h, TOR a, WIS a, ATL a, CAR a, JAX h, MIA h, OAK h, POR h, SEA a, VAN a ]
Boston Bobcats: [ BAL h, BAL a, NY h, NY a, WAS h, WAS a, CHI h, PEN h, TOR a, WIS a, ATL a, CAR a, JAX h, MIA h, OAK h, POR h, SEA a, VAN a ]
New York CityHawks: [ BAL h, BAL a, BOS h, BOS a, WAS h, WAS a, CHI a, PEN a, TOR h, WIS h, ATL h, CAR h, JAX a, MIA a, OAK a, POR a, SEA h, VAN h ]
Washington Stars: [ BAL h, BAL a, BOS h, BOS a, NY h, NY a, CHI a, PEN a, TOR h, WIS h, ATL h, CAR h, JAX a, MIA a, OAK a, POR a, SEA h, VAN h ]

North Division
Chicago Maroons: [ PEN h, PEN a, TOR h, TOR a, WIS h, WIS a, BAL a, BOS a, NY h, WAS h, BIR a, CIN a, LOU h, LSV h, LV h, LA h, SL a, SD a ]
Pennsylvania Keystones: [ CHI h, CHI a, TOR h, TOR a, WIS h, WIS a, BAL a, BOS a, NY h, WAS h, BIR a, CIN a, LOU h, LSV h, LV h, LA h, SL a, SD a ]
Toronto Terror: [ CHI h, CHI a, PEN h, PEN a, WIS h, WIS a, BAL h, BOS h, NY a, WAS a, BIR h, CIN h, LOU a, LSV a, LV a, LA a, SL h, SD h ]
Wisconsin Stags: [ CHI h, CHI a, PEN h, PEN a, TOR h, TOR a, BAL h, BOS h, NY a, WAS a, BIR h, CIN h, LOU a, LSV a, LV a, LA a, SL h, SD h ]

Atlantic Division
Atlanta Flying Fleet: [ CAR h, CAR a, JAX h, JAX a, MIA h, MIA a, BIR h, CIN h, LOU a, LSV a, BAL h, BOS h, NY a, WAS a, ABQ h, ARZ h, DR a, SA a ]
Carolina Reapers: [ ATL h, ATL a, JAX h, JAX a, MIA h, MIA a, BIR h, CIN h, LOU a, LSV a, BAL h, BOS h, NY a, WAS a, ABQ h, ARZ h, DR a, SA a ]
Jacksonville Captains: [ ATL h, ATL a, CAR h, CAR a, MIA h, MIA a, BIR a, CIN a, LOU h, LSV h, BAL a, BOS a, NY h, WAS h, ABQ a, ARZ a, DR h, SA h ]
Miami Sol: [ ATL h, ATL a, CAR h, CAR a, JAX h, JAX a, BIR a, CIN a, LOU h, LSV h, BAL a, BOS a, NY h, WAS h, ABQ a, ARZ a, DR h, SA h ]

Central Division
Birmingham Owls: [ CIN h, CIN a, LOU h, LOU a, LSV h, LSV a, ATL a, CAR a, JAX h, MIA h, CHI h, PEN h, TOR a, WIS a, COL h, KC h, MPS a, STL a ]
Cincinnati Knights: [ BIR h, BIR a, LOU h, LOU a, LSV h, LSV a, ATL a, CAR a, JAX h, MIA h, CHI h, PEN h, TOR a, WIS a, COL h, KC h, MPS a, STL a ]
Louisiana Royals: [ BIR h, BIR a, CIN h, CIN a, LSV h, LSV a, ATL h, CAR h, JAX a, MIA a, CHI a, PEN a, TOR h, WIS h, COL a, KC a, MPS h, STL h ]
Louisville Lightning: [ BIR h, BIR a, CIN h, CIN a, LOU h, LOU a, ATL h, CAR h, JAX a, MIA a, CHI a, PEN a, TOR h, WIS h, COL a, KC a, MPS h, STL h ]

Western Conference Opponents by Team

Pacific Division
Oakland Icons: [ POR h, POR a, SEA h, SEA a, VAN h, VAN a, LV h, LA h, SL a, SD a, ABQ a, ARZ a, DR h, SA h, BAL a, BOS a, NY h, WAS h ]
Portland Samurais: [ OAK h, OAK a, SEA h, SEA a, VAN h, VAN a, LV h, LA h, SL a, SD a, ABQ a, ARZ a, DR h, SA h, BAL a, BOS a, NY h, WAS h ]
Seattle Sockeyes: [ OAK h, OAK a, POR h, POR a, VAN h, VAN a, LV a, LA a, SL h, SD h, ABQ h, ARZ h, DR a, SA a, BAL h, BOS h, NY a, WAS a ]
Vancouver Bears: [ OAK h, OAK a, POR h, POR a, SEA h, SEA a, LV a, LA a, SL h, SD h, ABQ h, ARZ h, DR a, SA a, BAL h, BOS h, NY a, WAS a ]

West Division
Las Vegas Outlaws: [ LA h, LA a, SL h, SL a, SD h, SD a, OAK a, POR a, SEA h, VAN h, COL a, KC a, MPS h, STL h, CHI a, PEN a, TOR h, WIS h ]
Los Angeles Express: [ LV h, LV a, SL h, SL a, SD h, SD a, OAK a, POR a, SEA h, VAN h, COL a, KC a, MPS h, STL h, CHI a, PEN a, TOR h, WIS h ]
Salt Lake Trappers: [ LV h, LV a, LA h, LA a, SD h, SD a, OAK h, POR h, SEA a, VAN a, COL h, KC h, MPS a, STL a, CHI h, PEN h, TOR a, WIS a ]
San Diego Breakers: [ LV h, LV a, LA h, LA a, SL h, SL a, OAK h, POR h, SEA a, VAN a, COL h, KC h, MPS a, STL a, CHI h, PEN h, TOR a, WIS a ]

South Division
Albuquerque Atoms: [ ARZ h, ARZ a, DR h, DR a, SA h, SA a, COL h, KC h, MPS a, STL a, OAK h, POR h, SEA a, VAN a, ATL a, CAR a, JAX h, MIA h ]
Arizona Eagles: [ ABQ h, ABQ a, DR h, DR a, SA h, SA a, COL h, KC h, MPS a, STL a, OAK h, POR h, SEA a, VAN a, ATL a, CAR a, JAX h, MIA h ]
Dallas Regulators: [ ABQ h, ABQ a, ARZ h, ARZ a, SA h, SA a, COL a, KC a, MPS h, STL h, OAK a, POR a, SEA h, VAN h, ATL h, CAR h, JAX a, MIA a ]
San Antonio Texans: [ ABQ h, ABQ a, ARZ h, ARZ a, DR h, DR a, COL a, KC a, MPS h, STL h, OAK a, POR a, SEA h, VAN h, ATL h, CAR h, JAX a, MIA a ]

Heartland Division
Colorado Cabras: [ KC h, KC a, MPS h, MPS a, STL h, STL a, ABQ a, ARZ a, DR h, SA h, LV h, LA h, SL a, SD a, BIR a, CIN a, LOU h, LSV h ]
Kansas City Team 32: [ COL h, COL a, MPS h, MPS a, STL h, STL a, ABQ a, ARZ a, DR h, SA h, LV h, LA h, SL a, SD a, BIR a, CIN a, LOU h, LSV h ]
Memphis Demons: [ COL h, COL a, KC h, KC a, STL h, STL a, ABQ h, ARZ h, DR a, SA a, LV a, LA a, SL h, SD h, BIR h, CIN h, LOU a, LSV a ]
St. Louis Brewers: [ COL h, COL a, KC h, KC a, MPS h, MPS a, ABQ h, ARZ h, DR a, SA a, LV a, LA a, SL h, SD h, BIR h, CIN h, LOU a, LSV a ]
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Untitled0717 and Rafael Menoncin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:50 pm

Dallas @ Portland should be a primetime game, so many storylines behind this game, maybe it's even the birth of a new league rivalry

I think it would be really interesting, interesting to have this game as Portland Samurais Home Opener it would even be symbolic

If it is possible to schedule the game for the week 1 MNF or the week 2 TNF I would be very grateful
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:05 pm

CAR @ LSV I can see being a Sunday Night game (and then both teams end up like 2-6 coming into the game lol).
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:42 pm

Good to see most of the old North gang back together. We’ve got our eyes on beating the Keystones this year
Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

NeauXone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:41 pm

The default schedule has been released.
This includes which teams will play who on which week. This DOES NOT include the final game times, as none of the prime time games have been set yet.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get to the randomization level this year as I would have liked too, but, it's better than last year. I think only one team has a streak of 3 home or road games in a row, and that team has that streak with a bye in the middle (a road game, a bye, then two road games).

By the end of tonight, all of the primetime games that I have so far will be scheduled. Feel free as a team owner to request some prime time games (on average, each team will have 3 prime time games, so keep that in mind).
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:43 pm

Oh, and since I will be traveling through Monday, if anyone would like to write some kind of news story related to the GSL schedule release, I'll put it on the site next Tuesday.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:08 pm

Okay, that's it for me tonight.

Here are the important links for who plays primetime, or "special" games.
One thing to note, OAK@ABQ Sunday Night in week 12 is on Mothers Day, and like last year, is the only game on Mothers Day.

GSL Kickoff Special: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=GSL%20Kickoff&game-title=GSL%20Kickoff%20Special&decade=202
Thursday Night Football: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=Thursday%20Night%20Football&game-title=Thursday%20Night%20Football&year=2022
Saturday Night Football Special: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=Saturday%20Football&game-title=Saturday%20Night%20Football%20Special&decade=202
Sunday Night Football: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=Sunday%20Night%20Football&game-title=Sunday%20Night%20Football&year=2022
Monday Night Football: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=Monday%20Night%20Football&game-title=Monday%20Night%20Football&year=2022
Easter Sunday Games: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=Easter%20Sunday%20Games&game-title=Easter%20Sunday%20Game&decade=202
Memorial Day Classic: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=bottom-bar-pages&page-title=Memorial%20Day%20Classic&game-title=Memorial%20Day%20Classic&decade=202

As stated before, you can request your team get some primetime games (home or away), but keep in mind, you get on average 3, and the team your playing will get three as well, so keep track of the opposing team.
Looks like Carolina is already tapped out on primetime games somehow, but that's the way it goes I guess.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

NeauXone and Untitled0717 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:11 pm

One more thing for tonight (I think), no stadiums have been entered yet. Once I have the default home stadium for all teams, I'll enter that, and then, for all games not at their typical home stadium, I can enter those individual (please wait to tell me those after the default stadiums are in a couple weeks from now).

International games will be scheduled last, after all the primetime games are selected.
The only international game kind of set, is Oakland hosting a game in Italy. The rest is up in the air, and that will be a separate thread later this month to decide those games (again, after primetime games have been decided).
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

92Mafia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:36 pm

Quick question, when you say the randomization isn't as good as you want it to be, are you talking about the divisions still playing the same divisions in the same week?
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:42 pm

NeauXone wrote:Quick question, when you say the randomization isn't as good as you want it to be, are you talking about the divisions still playing the same divisions in the same week?

Yeah. For now, and entire division will play themselves, or another entire division all in the same week. Things start getting pretty complex beyond that.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:47 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
NeauXone wrote:Quick question, when you say the randomization isn't as good as you want it to be, are you talking about the divisions still playing the same divisions in the same week?

Yeah. For now, and entire division will play themselves, or another entire division all in the same week. Things start getting pretty complex beyond that.
Gotcha. Also, I don't think Vancouver shows up on the schedule at all. Unless I'm missing something.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:07 am

NeauXone wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:

Gotcha. Also, I don't think Vancouver shows up on the schedule at all. Unless I'm missing something.

Oops. I had done that for KC as well. I just need to add them to the season as a team. The games are already in the schedule, they just aren't showing up because in the database Vancouver isn't a GSL team.
I'll have that fixed shortly.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

2022 GSL Schedule Empty Primetime Games

Post  zvought Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:43 pm

I could see Las Vegas @ PA as a primetime game, also the Keystones at Baltimore could be one as well.
zvought
zvought

Back to top Go down

Post  Untitled0717 Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:35 pm

I believe KC's home opener against Memphis in Week 3 could be primetime worthy; I could also see MEM-LSV Week 11 on MNF.
Untitled0717
Untitled0717

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:16 pm

zvought wrote:I could see Las Vegas @ PA as a primetime game, also the Keystones at Baltimore could be one as well.

Week 1 prime time games are filled up, but LV @ PEN is set as the Monday night game in week 3
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:19 pm

Untitled0717 wrote:I believe KC's home opener against Memphis in Week 3 could be primetime worthy; I could also see MEM-LSV Week 11 on MNF.

Week 3 KC@MEM is set for the Sunday Night game
Week 11 MEM@LSV set for the Monday Night game
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Untitled0717 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:38 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
Week 3 KC@MEM is set for the Sunday Night game

Wouldn't week 14 be KC@MEM?
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  92Mafia Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:03 am

I'd say Oakland's two in-California games could be good for primetime, as well as the Oakland vs. Las Vegas matchup (for reasons of a certain "other" football team).
92Mafia
92Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:01 pm

https://i.imgur.com/9buSznq.png

Primetime schedule is shown at the above image.

Weeks 14 through 19 will have flex Saturday night games for games that have significance that aren't already primetime.
Week 19 Sunday night will also be a flex game for a significant game.
For week 19, if there is only one important game, then that will be Sunday, and there will be no Saturday night game. If there are no important games, then there will be no primetime games in week 19.

Some other 1:00 game times may flex to 4:30 as well. I need to work on getting all the games in their correct date and time, with the correct game title.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  92Mafia Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:53 pm

Due to "breakthroughs in field replacement technology" the Icons will be able to play on full grass (grown in what was once the Oracle Center) for their 2022 season. That being said, they will allow the traditional clay surface for their California Rivalry Game on Week 11. This game is also will also feature the Icons wearing their "Team of the Bay" uniforms to face off against the southern California based Los Angeles Express.
92Mafia
92Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:07 am

Default team stadiums have been added for all teams except Dallas (I don't have a default stadium chosen for them yet).

Like last year, some teams chose to play some select home games at alternate sites. If you would like your team to play at any alternate sites in the 2022 season, you can choose the following options:
Up to 2 different stadiums within the same regional area as your team, that meets GSL capacity requirements (for example, last year the Cabras played in Fort Collins, CO and Bolder, CO)
Up tp 3 total home games at alternate sites

Just give me the week, city, and stadium, and I can make those changes. I, or someone else can provide a field template for stadiums that haven't been used thus far.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:16 am

Austin Snelick wrote:Default team stadiums have been added for all teams except Dallas (I don't have a default stadium chosen for them yet).

Like last year, some teams chose to play some select home games at alternate sites. If you would like your team to play at any alternate sites in the 2022 season, you can choose the following options:
Up to 2 different stadiums within the same regional area as your team, that meets GSL capacity requirements (for example, last year the Cabras played in Fort Collins, CO and Bolder, CO)

Just give me the week, city, and stadium, and I can make those changes. I, or someone else can provide a field template for stadiums that haven't been used thus far.

The Stags would like to play 2 games in Green Bay again.
Week 11 vs Boston
Week 14 vs Pennsylvania

This should avoin some baseball conflicts
Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:28 am

Patrick Davis wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:Default team stadiums have been added for all teams except Dallas (I don't have a default stadium chosen for them yet).

The Stags would like to play 2 games in Green Bay again.
Week 11 vs Boston
Week 14 vs Pennsylvania

This should avoin some baseball conflicts

Done.
I also put in your default fields the way you wanted them last year (non baseball before baseball season, Green Bay field is just a single one, and baseball field when played the same day as a Brewers game)
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:30 am

I've put in default fields for all teams that have a single field design, or, for teams that share a stadium with baseball (except Oakland, as it seems they've found a breakthrough in grass science).

For teams with multiple fields, field schedules are the same as uniform schedules, which will happen when we get two weeks out from a week of games, so that's months away.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

92Mafia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:07 am

Week 11: Carolina will host Atlanta in Clemson, SC
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  Zycho32 Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:06 pm

The Dallas Regulators will play the following games at AT&T Stadium;

Week 5 against Arizona(Reason: Hosting the Defending Champs)
Week 11 against San Antonio(Reason: In-State Rival)
Week 15 against Carolina(Reason: Hosting the Runner-Ups- despite changing their identity)
Zycho32
Zycho32

Austin Snelick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:19 pm

In case you couldn't tell by our schedule, our sole All Navy game is in primetime, week 6 against Carolina.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:48 am

NeauXone wrote:In case you couldn't tell by our schedule, our sole All Navy game is in primetime, week 6 against Carolina.

I'll start a thread for alternate / big game / primetime uniforms soonish, like we did last year.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:29 am

All home games for the St Louis Brewers will be played on the field with the coloured end zones and the yellow pants will be worn for the four games against eastern conference opponents.

2022 GSL Schedule 82c31210

CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Austin Snelick and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:59 am

CanadianBacon43 wrote:All home games for the St Louis Brewers will be played on the field with the coloured end zones and the yellow pants will be worn for the four games against eastern conference opponents.  

2022 GSL Schedule 82c31210

I'll remove the blank endzone field from the site then.

I'm going to set up a separate thread for uniforms and uniform rules a little later on, but I'll keep this in mind.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:59 pm

Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

2022 GSL Schedule Empty Washington Stars (Week 8 home game vs. Atlanta Flying Fleet) at Charlottesville, VA

Post  Patrick Barnes Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:17 am

The Washington Stars would like to announce a home game to take place in Charlottesville, VA (Home of the University of Virginia Cavaliers) during Week 8 against the Atlanta Flying Fleet to entice a potential audience in the Virginia area for the Stars. The field design we prefer to use for the game would consist of Atlanta's and Washington's default home end-zone designs on either end and pro-football field size regulations being the only cosmetic changes (if possible). Let me know of any preferable alternate suggestions from the league that come up for our decision, thanks.
Patrick Barnes
Patrick Barnes

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:51 am

Patrick Barnes wrote:The Washington Stars would like to announce a home game to take place in Charlottesville, VA (Home of the University of Virginia Cavaliers) during Week 8 against the Atlanta Flying Fleet to entice a potential audience in the Virginia area for the Stars. The field design we prefer to use for the game would consist of Atlanta's and Washington's default home end-zone designs on either end and pro-football field size regulations being the only cosmetic changes (if possible). Let me know of any preferable alternate suggestions from the league that come up for our decision, thanks.

Charlottesville does fall within the Stars territorial region, with the Commanders having re-located out of Virginia.
Scott stadium is grass, and with this game being in the spring, the field design is wide open. Other than the endzones, what designs should be on the rest of the field?
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:33 am

Austin Snelick wrote:
Patrick Barnes wrote:The Washington Stars would like to announce a home game to take place in Charlottesville, VA (Home of the University of Virginia Cavaliers) during Week 8 against the Atlanta Flying Fleet to entice a potential audience in the Virginia area for the Stars. The field design we prefer to use for the game would consist of Atlanta's and Washington's default home end-zone designs on either end and pro-football field size regulations being the only cosmetic changes (if possible). Let me know of any preferable alternate suggestions from the league that come up for our decision, thanks.

Charlottesville does fall within the Stars territorial region, with the Commanders having re-located out of Virginia.
Scott stadium is grass, and with this game being in the spring, the field design is wide open. Other than the endzones, what designs should be on the rest of the field?

This is what I have so far, using the field template Virginia usually uses these days, but with pro markings.
2022 GSL Schedule Qw1uwkE

Again, let me know if anything else should be on the field, at midfield or elsewhere.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1 and Patrick Barnes like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  spencer_g Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:12 pm

Quick question for you Austin (and putting it here for the benefit of the group), for those of us whose teams have multiple home game sites/stadiums, would you rather us email you individually with those changes or put the change of stadiums here on the schedule forum or somewhere else?
Thanks!
spencer_g
spencer_g

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:17 pm

Since nobody's brought it up yet: The logo for GBII is fantastic.
2022 GSL Schedule Image_25
NeauXone
NeauXone

Austin Snelick, sfcom1 and Patrick Barnes like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:33 pm

sgillard wrote:Quick question for you Austin (and putting it here for the benefit of the group), for those of us whose teams have multiple home game sites/stadiums, would you rather us email you individually with those changes or put the change of stadiums here on the schedule forum or somewhere else?
Thanks!

Emailing me is probably best. That's the quickest way for me to respond.
Plus, the forum has been loading really slow for me lately.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:39 pm

NeauXone wrote:Since nobody's brought it up yet: The logo for GBII is fantastic.

I just put this on the site recently, but Alex (Owner of the Eagles) sent this to me a while ago. I guess I completely forgot about doing a press release for the logo, but maybe one soon. I think I've had the logo since late August.
But yes, this is an awesome logo, perfect for Las Vegas. Using black as the background color was perfect for the bright neon to capture the Vegas night life vibe, and black of course fits right into Allegiant Stadium.

Once we have the Memorial Day Classic logo, and Redemption Game logo decided, I'll make an album of all the full sized 2022 season league logos, including the Gridiron Bowl Logo.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

92Mafia, sfcom1, Patrick Barnes and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:11 am

Austin Snelick wrote:
NeauXone wrote:Since nobody's brought it up yet: The logo for GBII is fantastic.

I just put this on the site recently, but Alex (Owner of the Eagles) sent this to me a while ago. I guess I completely forgot about doing a press release for the logo, but maybe one soon. I think I've had the logo since late August.
But yes, this is an awesome logo, perfect for Las Vegas. Using black as the background color was perfect for the bright neon to capture the Vegas night life vibe, and black of course fits right into Allegiant Stadium.

Once we have the Memorial Day Classic logo, and Redemption Game logo decided, I'll make an album of all the full sized 2022 season league logos, including the Gridiron Bowl Logo.
Good to know. I also have a couple of templated league logos I'm making that you might find useful.
NeauXone
NeauXone

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:29 pm

Okay, I’ll take what you’ve got. Just email me when you’re finished with them.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:24 am

The 2022 GSL Preseason Schedule has been released.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm

The USFL seems to still be moving forward for an April start date, and run through mid June, before two weeks of playoffs.

Does this affect the GSL? It doesn't have to. The USFL is still in the process of selecting a home city for the league (in 2022, all games will be played in one city). Negotiations have been on-going with Protective Stadium in Birmingham, which of course conflicts with the Birmingham Owls for 5 or 6 regular season games (depending on the USFL Monday night schedule).

The way the GSL has handled conflicting events, is such that the GSL has precedence in scheduling. So, in our alternate world, the Owls home games would not be effected, unless ownership wanted to treat the situation differently. For example, the USFL field markings might end up on the Owls field during conflicting days, or, the Owls might move some games to Legion Field (they have no obligation to). Of course, nothing is final with the USFL, and they actually need to pick a city and stadium(s) to play their 40 game regular season first, before any GSL teams would consider having any effect.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

NeauXone and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next