The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams

+7
92Mafia
Drew Abernathy
NeauXone
Untitled0717
Rafael Menoncin
sfcom1
Rob Holecko
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 Empty Re: Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams

Post  Rob Holecko Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:44 am

I hadn't mandated a particular template for UWFFL but yes that probably would be good to make them "uniform" (sorry for the pun)

I did make a conscious choice to exempt Vancouver from the jersey patch because I didn't want to cover the design.

Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 Empty Re: Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:27 pm

Rob Holecko wrote:I hadn't mandated a particular template for UWFFL but yes that probably would be good to make them "uniform" (sorry for the pun)

I did make a conscious choice to exempt Vancouver from the jersey patch because I didn't want to cover the design.

A smaller version of the patch can probably fit above the right number on the front of the jersey.

Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:33 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
Curtis wrote:
Yes we will play in the derelict Silverdome. The dressing rooms have gotten an overhaul so far after I bought the place for $1 from the city . The astroturf is a bit soggy and mold infested but we think it will help our ground game .. 3 yards and a cloud of mold... you know what I mean. Its now an outdoor stadium but the pieces of roof have been cleaned up from the stands. It still needs work but people won`t be there yet because of covid so that gives us some time.

I'm sure the new Amazon Wearhouse on the old silver dome site will be big enough to host some games

In "our" world.

From the Detroit Free Press.
Pontiac, MI
April 16, 2021

Today with the repairs to the Pontiac Silverdome nearly complete. The new owners have made an arangement to purchase the previous Field Turf field at Ford Field from the NFL Lions. "The playing surface from Ford field is in tremendous shape, and harldy been used". Said the proud owner, "And will be installed at the Silverdome later this week after the final refurbishment has been completed."

The UWFFL Pontiac Predators have called the Siverdome home for the past few years. With the State of Michigan and Amazon, having purchased land adjacent to the stadium. Both assisting with the needed funds to complete the extensive repairs to the seating bowl and the infrastructure of the 47 year old facility, first opened in 1975. "Even though the iconic teflon roof is no more." The Chaiman of Olympia Entertainment, who will oversee the day to day opperations of the facility, stated. "The stadium will retain it's historic name as the exterior has been painted in a non reflective powdered Agrathnate silver exerior coat."

sfcom1

Curtis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:22 pm

sfcom1 wrote:The new owners have made an arangement to purchase the previous Field Turf field at Ford Field from the NFL Lions. "The playing surface from Ford field is in tremendous shape, and hardly been used". Said the proud owner, "And will be installed at the Silverdome later this week after the final refurbishment has been completed."

It looks like they're ahead of schedule...

Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 New_pontiac_site

Rob Holecko

sfcom1 and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:38 pm

I have some announcements about the the San Diego Storm stadium current situation

If authorized, Storm would like to play at the old Qualcomm stadium.

If the  UWFFL decides to follow a schedule based on real-life logistics the primary stadium will be Peteco Park (San Diego), some schedule conflicts should happen due the MLB games and the eventual GSL San Diego Breakers games.

To avoid these schedule conflicts, the Storm is going to play some games at the Rose Bowl (Pasadena), That should  only tenants até the Ucla games on Saturdays.

Angel Stadium is also a option as it is closer to San Diego and already hosted some High School Football, but would also host MLB games until october.

Dignity Health Park is ruled out due to the busy schedule (MLS and SDSU Football) and the small capacity.

Balboa Stsdium is also rule out due even smaller capacity

Rafael Menoncin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Well we do want to use real life logistics..  conflicts with the GSL should be minimal as they play the opposite time of the year, and games during this Fall 2020 simulation will be at the neutral sites as indicated in the other post.   if you choose Petco Park, then any September conflicts with Padres we should be able to schedule around them.    But if there are conflicts, we would much rather adjust the schedule.. (i.e move a game to Tuesday etc.)

But if you want to go with a Pontiac-like plan with the old Qualcomm stadium site, we can allow that as well.

I did have an idea of being more creative with the sites than the GSL of requiring stadiums with certain capacity, but I was foreseeing someone wanting to play like on an airport runway or mark out a field on the Outer Banks of NC in the sand or something like that, but old stadium sites work too.  As long as you can find a 60 x 100 yard flat surface that you can install a field on, you're good to go.  And bleachers would be nice too, at least.   Or maybe on the infield of a Nascar track....     (A neutral site game for the Motor City Drive, perhaps?)
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:06 pm

just to be clear, the UWFFL has no minimum capacity ... Dignity Field Park and Balboa Field are fine with the league if you can schedule around the other tenants, and the league is willing to help you out with a schedule with flexibility.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:16 pm

Rob Holecko wrote:Here are the uniforms the league-run Youngstown Bobcats will wear for the Fall 2020 Simulation.  This team is the only remaining Premier League team available to be adopted.

Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 YOU_1
Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 YOU_2

Looks like this team is still available? I'll take them over.

I like the uniforms and logos, so I won't rebrand like some other teams. I might clean things up a bit though
Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

Rob Holecko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:34 pm

Awesome.... then we have our 12th Premier League owner... We'll look forward toward any updating of Youngstown's uniforms in the Fall!
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Patrick Davis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:38 pm

Rob Holecko wrote:Awesome.... then we have our 12th Premier League owner...  We'll look forward toward any updating of Youngstown's uniforms in the Fall!

Great!
When should I give you updated uniforms by? And is there a larger version of the logo on the helmet? And do I need to make a field? (I know, lot's of questions)

Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:43 pm

Patrick Davis wrote:
Rob Holecko wrote:Awesome.... then we have our 12th Premier League owner...  We'll look forward toward any updating of Youngstown's uniforms in the Fall!

Great!
When should I give you updated uniforms by? And is there a larger version of the logo on the helmet? And do I need to make a field? (I know, lot's of questions)

You won't need a field until the Fall, but if you want to update the basic home & away for the Fall 2020 Simulation, you can do so by the end of the week, otherwise, updates for a complete uniform set and field we'll need for Fall 2021 Season by August or so.

And I'll post everything else I have for the Bobcats in this thread coming up sometime today. Got a lot to do today!
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:13 pm

All I have for this franchise is uniforms... no high res logos or wordmarks, etc.  Click for larger image.

2014 Youngstown Bobcats

Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 2014_Youngstown

2013 Youngstown Bobcats

Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 2013_Youngstown

Last edited by Rob Holecko on Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:36 pm

I can work with this. Thanks
Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:59 pm

Bobcats home and away

I went with the yellow pants for the home uniform

Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 AM7DUIk
Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

Rob Holecko, Austin Snelick and Drew Abernathy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  92Mafia Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:36 am

Rob Holecko wrote:With 92Mafia's adoption of the Birmingham Vulcans presuming to take effect with the 2021 season, here are the provisional uniforms they will wear for the Fall 2020 Simulation unless they decide to release something new by Sunday evening.  

Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 BIR_1
Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 BIR_2

I have tried (and failed) to try and touch up these uniforms. But I want to switch the main colors to Slate and White with green and tan as the accents to represent the importance Birmingham had in the civil rights movement and how black and white must come together to move forward.
92Mafia
92Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:47 pm

Rob, I made a minor mistake on the number 2 on the fornt of my jerseys for Youngstown.

I edited the uniforms (its not a noticible change, but I hope it's not too late to update)

Home: https://i.imgur.com/XgPDWf6.png
Away: https://i.imgur.com/f3aUC4E.png
Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

Austin Snelick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:53 pm

It's no problem, I'll swap them out
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Patrick Davis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  92Mafia Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:08 pm

With my Florida Geckos clinching a spot in the Premier League, I'll be rescinding my ownership of the Birmingham Vulcans following the 2020 Union Cup. Anyone eligible is free to claim them for future ownership.
92Mafia
92Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:11 pm

I'm willing to take over Birmingham
rbronish
rbronish

Rob Holecko and 92Mafia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:00 am

That sounds like a plan... now ordinarily owners will be allowed to keep multiple teams that "earn" their way into Premier, however since you had just adopted Birmingham and Florida has now earned their way into Premier I certainly understand giving up Birmingham, and now this way we have another active owner at the Premier level, which is a good thing.

Good luck to all involved!
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Austin Snelick and 92Mafia like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:56 pm

Does anyone have the Vulcans font after 8 years?
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:27 am

I will see what I have on my computer at home regarding the Vulcans when I get a chance.... the field that I did for Metro South playoff bubble is at the fullest resolution that I made it at:  https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/UWFFL/other/Birmingham_MSC.png but John might have a better resolution for Legion Field.  To be honest I'm not even sure if that was Legion Field I made that from or just a generic field.
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:21 am

Rob Holecko wrote:I will see what I have on my computer at home regarding the Vulcans when I get a chance.... the field that I did for Metro South playoff bubble is at the fullest resolution that I made it at:  https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/UWFFL/other/Birmingham_MSC.png but John might have a better resolution for Legion Field.  To be honest I'm not even sure if that was Legion Field I made that from or just a generic field.

Looks like Legion field, from what I had with the AAFs Iron
Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 BIR_2019%5E3

I've got full sized Legion Field templates if someone needs it.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:32 am

Completely forgot that you did AAF fields. I could use your full-rez Legion Field
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:45 am

Yea, Austin's field will be more complete. As mine was based on the USFL. And Legion Field. Back in the 80s.

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:10 am

A template for Protective Stadium will be much appreciated once one is available
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:04 pm

Rob. What stadium is that? I am not familiar with one.

Johm
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Holecko Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:07 pm

I believe that is the new stadium in Birmingham that UAB will play in, and I assume he will use for the Vulcans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protective_Stadium
Rob Holecko
Rob Holecko

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:19 pm

Rob Holecko wrote:I believe that is the new stadium in Birmingham that UAB will play in, and I assume he will use for the Vulcans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protective_Stadium

I found a couple of pictures I can make a profile later tonight.

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:49 pm

I think I got it

Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 Birmin10
rbronish
rbronish

Rob Holecko and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:11 pm

rbronish wrote:I think I got it

Existing UWFFL Premier League Teams - Page 2 Birmin10

looks spot on!

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2