The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian Bacon World Cup

+2
Curtis
CanadianBacon43
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Canadian Bacon World Cup Empty Canadian Bacon World Cup

Post  CanadianBacon43 Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:32 am

Is anyone interested in starting a World Cup style tournament this winter if the UWFFL doesn’t return. The plan is to have multiple owners contribute teams to a 16 to 32 team field (depending on how many teams are interested). Like the upcoming World Cup, there will be a group stage and knockout round. Depending on the number of owners, owners can contribute up to 4 of their teams regardless of league and each team will have identical stats in the tournament so anyone can win it. I’ll need at least three other owners to join to make this happen.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Canadian Bacon World Cup Empty Re: Canadian Bacon World Cup

Post  Curtis Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:28 pm

CanadianBacon43 wrote:Is anyone interested in starting a World Cup style tournament this winter if the UWFFL doesn’t return. The plan is to have multiple owners contribute teams to a 16 to 32 team field (depending on how many teams are interested). Like the upcoming World Cup, there will be a group stage and knockout round. Depending on the number of owners, owners can contribute up to 4 of their teams regardless of league and each team will have identical stats in the tournament so anyone can win it. I’ll need at least three other owners to join to make this happen.

Yeah I`m interested in brushing the dust off of some of my UWFFL teams, so keep providing updates on what you come up with.
Curtis
Curtis

CanadianBacon43 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:26 pm

I’m in
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:05 pm

Im gonna wait till August 1st for all owners to apply for the tournament. Ideally we’d have a nice round number of owners that can fit into a 16 team tournament with no issues. Keep in mind that each team will have the same stats for the tournament and that you can have a maximum of 4 teams (and a minimum of 2) competing in the Canadian Bacon Invitational.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

92Mafia, sfcom1 and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:03 pm

If you don’t have enough teams you can always make your own or borrow a team from me for the tournament (I’ll have two extra teams not participating). You will need at least two teams to participate.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:41 pm

I'm in!  Very Happy  (anything to get the greatest logo in Football history back in the mix!)  Razz

Canadian Bacon World Cup JeLaC72h

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:58 pm

I’m going to cap off the number of owners at 8, that way the Canadian Bacon Invitational can have a nice even number to work with for a 16 team tournament. There will be a vote on August 1st whether the CBI will be a 16 or 32 team tournament.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:07 pm

The selection show for groups will take place on Saturday August 20th. I’ll pick teams from one of those random pick wheels and ensure teams from the same ownership group are not placed in the same groups. I’ll record the selection show for transparency and upload it on the forum. Owners have until the 19th to decide which of their teams will participate in the CBI. The first game will take place on September 2nd.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:25 pm

https://gridironuniforms.forumotion.com/t1042-teams-of-the-sabre-millennium-ownership-group#6805
^Link to my teams^

Dealer's choice when it comes to picking. I can't pick just two
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:37 pm

rbronish wrote:https://gridironuniforms.forumotion.com/t1042-teams-of-the-sabre-millennium-ownership-group#6805
^Link to my teams^

Dealer's choice when it comes to picking. I can't pick just two

I hope Colorado is one of the two/four because they look great.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Sat May 28, 2022 10:25 am

We’re almost two months away from the deadline (August 1st) and it looks like we’ll be able to do 4 teams per owner for a 16 team tournament as we have four owners as of right now. For anyone else who wants to participate but has not signed up, in order to secure your spot in the Canadian Bacon Invitational you need to write a comment on this thread saying you’re interested, simply liking a post is not enough. No GSL teams are allowed to participate though games will take place at GSL stadiums. If you want to join but don’t have any UWFFL teams you’re welcome to create your own teams or I can loan you Chattanooga, Columbus, and/or Los Angeles for the duration of the CBI. If we end up with a number of owners that’s not so easy to work with (anything between four and eight) we’ll figure something out.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:33 pm

As a special thanks to Curtis and the Toronto Terror for beating the LA Express and thus securing the 1 seed for the St Louis Brewers (as well as the fact that he was the first to express interest in this tournament) the Rogers Centre will host the Canadian Bacon Invitational championship game. Charlotte and Miami will host both semifinal games.

Last edited by CanadianBacon43 on Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Austin Snelick, sfcom1 and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:00 am

I've got plenty of UWFFL teams just sitting around ready to play, so I'll join.
Once you've got a final limit on teams per owner, let me know, and I'll give you my top teams to compete.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1 and CanadianBacon43 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Untitled0717 Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:57 pm

Count me in.
Untitled0717
Untitled0717

Austin Snelick, sfcom1 and CanadianBacon43 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:25 pm

The Canadian Bacon Invitational would like to invite 92Mafia to fill out one of the two final spots since he helped design the Dallas Outlaws uniforms. I will also allow GSL teams to participate for owners who only have one UWFFL team, for example if Austin only had one UWFFL team he’d be allowed to bring the Las Vegas Outlaws on board.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:56 pm

The last bit Canadian Bacon Invitation news for a while:
-First off, as a reminder to anyone interested, you have until August 1st to apply for a spot in the tournament (92Mafia has an invite but if two people show interest beforehand the invitation is gone)

-Next, if you’re creating a team you have until Sunday August 14th to have team designs up. Everyone else has to have their teams chosen by Sunday August 7th. Previously I said that you had until the 19th but that’s been changed.

-Finally, I’ve settled on 16 teams as the final number as this is the first time I do something like this and I want to start small so there won’t be a vote for a 32 team field.

Timeline
-August 1st: deadline for all 8 owners to apply
-August 7th: deadline for teams to be selected
-August 14th: deadline for created teams designs
-August 20th: drawing for the group stage (will take place before Super Cup II)
-September 2nd: beginning of the tournament

I would also like to take this opportunity to announce that I have selected the Sacramento Scorpions and New Orleans Lions to be my two teams for the tournament.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Curtis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Curtis Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:24 am

CanadianBacon43 wrote:The last bit Canadian Bacon Invitation news for a while:
-First off, as a reminder to anyone interested, you have until August 1st to apply for a spot in the tournament (92Mafia has an invite but if two people show interest beforehand the invitation is gone)

-Next, if you’re creating a team you have until Sunday August 14th to have team designs up. Everyone else has to have their teams chosen by Sunday August 7th. Previously I said that you had until the 19th but that’s been changed.

-Finally, I’ve settled on 16 teams as the final number as this is the first time I do something like this and I want to start small so there won’t be a vote for a 32 team field.

Timeline

I would also like to take this opportunity to announce that I have selected the Sacramento Scorpions and New Orleans Lions to be my two teams for the tournament.

Ok I`m in sounds good. I have a load of UWFFL teams ready to go , so is the quota 2 teams each ? Any geographical restrictions ( east, west, 1 in each ? )
Curtis
Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:25 am

Curtis wrote:

Timeline

Ok I`m in sounds good. I have a load of UWFFL teams ready to go , so is the quota 2 teams each ? Any geographical restrictions  ( east, west, 1 in each ? )

Since the tournament takes place at GSL stadiums it doesn’t matter where the two teams are located
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  Curtis Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:26 am

Curtis wrote:

Timeline

Ok I`m in sounds good. I have a load of UWFFL teams ready to go , so is the quota 2 teams each ? Any geographical restrictions  ( east, west, 1 in each ? )

Ok nevermind I see its 4 teams each. Good to go
Curtis
Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:41 am

Curtis wrote:
Curtis wrote:

Timeline

Ok nevermind I see its 4 teams each. Good to go

We’re only 6 owners as of now and the field is 16 which means it’s 2 teams per owner unless we end up with less than 8 owners then someone can have more than 2 (Austin is going to have dibs on sending a third team and then I’ll randomly select someone else who isn’t me to have a third team if it comes to that)
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

sfcom1 and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:08 pm

OK I am going to select The Motor City Drive, and the Austin Rattlers to be my 2 teams!

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:17 am

I think I'll be sending the Cincinnati Grinders and the Charleston Navigators.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Untitled0717 Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:45 pm

I’m sending in the Nashville Rockets and Hartford Whalers.
Untitled0717
Untitled0717

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:16 pm

The SMOG will be represented by the Colorado Rockies and San Antonio Black Knights
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:21 pm

I did a couple of tweeks on the uniforms for the Drive and Rattlers. Deepened the colors a bit, Removed the respective UWFFL patches, and put them in the
"SFCOM" style template

Canadian Bacon World Cup M2cjEe9l

Canadian Bacon World Cup CAzf2Gpl

Let me know what you think!

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:12 pm

sfcom1 wrote:I did a couple of tweeks on the uniforms for the Drive and Rattlers. Deepened the colors a bit, Removed the respective UWFFL patches, and put them in the
"SFCOM" style template

Canadian Bacon World Cup M2cjEe9l

Canadian Bacon World Cup CAzf2Gpl

Let me know what you think!

John

I like them though the Motor City one looks too Chicago Bears for Detroit haha (still very nice though). The tournament will use the GSL template for consistency but what you’ve done is pretty great.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:26 pm

Yea I went far different than the norm for Detroit. (Honoliulu Blue and Siver is already taken) ;-) But Navy and White matches the Tiger's And the red is a tip of the hat to the Red Wings! So I went that way. Perhaps stripes on the helmet to make it less "Chicagoy" LOL

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:09 pm

UPDATE
Less Chicago, Tastes Great!

Canadian Bacon World Cup OEar2Nvl
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:01 pm

Another announcement

I am going to be in Amsterdam from August 22 to August 31st so I won’t be active on the forum until after my trip (the tournament starts right after I get back)
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:59 pm

Just a reminder that there’s still 9 days left to take one of the last two spots in the Canadian Bacon Invitational. Remember if you only have no UWFFL teams or one UWFFL team you can always bring your GSL team and borrow a team from me (Dallas, Providence, Chattanooga, or Columbus) or create your own (the deadline for created teams is August 7th)
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:30 am

Today is the last day for any owners to sign up for the Canadian Bacon Invitational. Please refer to the previous post regarding how to join. If nobody else signs up Austin and three other owners selected through a draw will be allowed to send a third team to the tournament. The draw will take place tomorrow afternoon. Oh and Curtis I’ll need your two teams to be submitted as soon as you can please.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:37 am

Since the video of the draw for the three owners who get to have a third team in the tournament is too big to post, I’ve decided to go with a first come first serve basis so the first three owners other than Austin (who automatically gets a third team) and myself (who isn’t going to have three teams) to submit a third team get a third team. All four third teams will be placed in Group D
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Untitled0717 Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:39 pm

I'll add the Salt Lake Spikes.
Untitled0717
Untitled0717

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:21 pm

I would like to add the Arizona Miners to the CBI

John

Last edited by sfcom1 on Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:07 am

I decided to update the Miners uniform a bit!

Canadian Bacon World Cup Nd1huGol

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:48 am

I’ll send the stars to the dance
rbronish
rbronish

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:27 am

Game locations
Group A: Memphis and St Louis
Group B: Charlotte and Miami
Group C: Las Vegas and Vancouver
Group D: Philadelphia and Toronto
Even though Philadelphia doesn’t have a GSL team I added them because they’re close enough to Toronto plus I’m an Eagles fan. For the stadiums that house an NFL or College team which is all of them except for the two Canadian cities and St Louis you can either use your GSL field or the NFL/College field for games. Vancouver is also in the city rotation because RBronish ran the team during the GSL season and I needed a city in the pacific time zone to pair with Vegas.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:59 am

CanadianBacon43 wrote:Game locations
Even though Philadelphia doesn’t have a GSL team I added them because they’re close enough to Toronto plus I’m an Eagles fan. For the stadiums that house an NFL or College team which is all of them except for the two Canadian cities and St Louis you can either use your GSL field or the NFL/College field for games. Vancouver is also in the city rotation because RBronish ran the team during the GSL season and I needed a city in the pacific time zone to pair with Vegas.

I have the Profile for a mosty blank field fot Hard Rock Stadium with a plain "MIAMI" endzone in the style used when the Dolphins and the Hurricanes are both in season. That should work for Group play!

john
sfcom1
sfcom1

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:00 pm

sfcom1 wrote:
CanadianBacon43 wrote:Game locations

I have the Profile for a mosty blank field fot Hard Rock Stadium with a plain "MIAMI" endzone in the style used when the Dolphins and the Hurricanes are both in season. That should work for Group play!

john

Perfect
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:27 pm

Canadian Bacon World Cup 3xPu7VGh

This is the "Plain" Profie that has been used since 2018 for the Dolphins and the Hurricanes. The middle of the field logo is "replaced" depending on the team playing. The "U" college marks are lightly painted on. So they can be "Washed" off the field for the Dolphins logos and the NFL shields.

John

Last edited by sfcom1 on Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:43 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
sfcom1
sfcom1

Austin Snelick and CanadianBacon43 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:49 pm

Here is Charlotte's field paint

Canadian Bacon World Cup Boa_te10
rbronish
rbronish

Austin Snelick, Untitled0717, sfcom1 and CanadianBacon43 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:40 am

Austin Snelick wrote:I think I'll be sending the Cincinnati Grinders and the Charleston Navigators.

Since I've got a third team, I'll send the Steel City Express as well.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:43 am

So group D is set with the
Salt Lake City Spikes
Arizona Miners
Boston Stars
Steel City Express
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:44 am

Groups A B and C will be drawn next Friday August 19th since I’m still waiting on Curtis’ teams
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

sfcom1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:46 am

Default field for Las Vegas
Canadian Bacon World Cup J56Dnmt
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Untitled0717, sfcom1 and CanadianBacon43 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Untitled0717 Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:28 pm

Memphis's Field
Canadian Bacon World Cup JWoWXXq
Untitled0717
Untitled0717

Austin Snelick, sfcom1 and CanadianBacon43 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:46 pm

Since I want to get everything for the tournament ready before I head out to Amsterdam on the 22nd I’m going to move the group selection to this coming Sunday, August 14th and have the tournament schedule released on the 19th, the original group selection day. Most of you are all set anyway so I don’t imagine the change in dates to be too much of an inconvenience.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Austin Snelick and sfcom1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Canadian Bacon World Cup Empty teams

Post  Curtis Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:02 pm

I will be submitting the Iowa Corn and the Portland Gamblers for inclusion into the league.
Curtis
Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:03 pm

Curtis wrote:I will be submitting the Iowa Corn and the Portland Gamblers for inclusion into the league.

Perfect we’re all set for the group selection this Sunday.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  Curtis Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:16 pm

CanadianBacon43 wrote:
Curtis wrote:I will be submitting the Iowa Corn and the Portland Gamblers for inclusion into the league.

Perfect we’re all set for the group selection this Sunday.

I have the designs ready to go too , can they be posted at any time ?
Curtis
Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next