The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off topic for XFL

+3
CarterB2
CanadianBacon43
Appleman20
7 posters

Go down

Off topic for XFL Empty Off topic for XFL

Post  Appleman20 Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:23 pm

Hey, this is off-topic for the GSL, but since the XFL logos just came out, I saw on Twitter that someone made uniform concepts for the XFL So. I wanted to see if anyone wanted to help me put these concepts in the GSL uniform temple.
Off topic for XFL Dallas10
Off topic for XFL Dc_con10
Off topic for XFL Housto10
Off topic for XFL Las_ve10
Off topic for XFL San_an10
Off topic for XFL Seattl10
Off topic for XFL St_lou10
Off topic for XFL Orland10
Appleman20
Appleman20

Austin Snelick, Appleman20, CanadianBacon43 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Off topic for XFL Empty Re: Off topic for XFL

Post  CanadianBacon43 Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:21 pm

I really like the Guardians one
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:10 pm

Darn those uniform concepts are really cool, specifically the Brahmas, Guardians, and Vipers.

Though I do have a slight problem with the Seattle logo, I personally like the XFL 2.0 dragon more. To be honest it kinda looks like the Seattle Kraken logo but altered a little bit (I mean what else are they supposed to do?).
CarterB2
CarterB2

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:05 am

CarterB13 wrote:Darn those uniform concepts are really cool, specifically the Brahmas, Guardians, and Vipers.

Though I do have a slight problem with the Seattle logo, I personally like the XFL 2.0 dragon more. To be honest it kinda looks like the Seattle Kraken logo but altered a little bit (I mean what else are they supposed to do?).

I think in many cases the logos got downgraded.
Dallas (now Arlington), DC, Seattle for sure.
Every logo, even the ones that remained mostly the same got some sort of update, and I'm not sure if that was a legal thing, or just to set the 2023 XFL more apart from the 2020 XFL.

The wordmarks took the biggest hit for sure. Almost all fell like just generic fonts.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20, CanadianBacon43 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ICRMON Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:13 am

Yeah, I personally think they all took a downgrade, especially the Seattle Dragons. That logo just looks pitiful now. I do think the Vipers could look cool though
ICRMON
ICRMON

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:56 am

I like the Guardians, Roughnecks, Vipers and Brahmas a lot, it just sucks that my favourite team the DC Defenders got a massive downgrade
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Austin Snelick, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:29 pm

So going off the Orlando concepts and looking at the old New York Guardians uniforms, I made these. What yall think?
Off topic for XFL Guardi11
Off topic for XFL Guardi10
Appleman20
Appleman20

Austin Snelick, Curtis, Appleman20, CanadianBacon43 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:11 pm

CanadianBacon43 wrote:I like the Guardians, Roughnecks, Vipers and Brahmas a lot, it just sucks that my favourite team the DC Defenders got a massive downgrade

I agree, I really like how the Roughnecks look like the Houston Oilers (My favorite defunct team). It sucks that I never got to experience the Oilers in person, but my mom grew up around the Houston area, and she actually got to sit next to Earl Campbell on a plane ride one time, it's also cool that Wade Phillips is coaching the Roughnecks sort of like a throwback to the Oilers days.
CarterB2
CarterB2

Appleman20 and CanadianBacon43 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:40 pm

Ok I like how I did these
Off topic for XFL Sa_awa10
Off topic for XFL Sa_awa11
Off topic for XFL Sa_hom10
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:39 am

The Defenders may have downgraded their logo but their new uniforms are very cool to say the least.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:36 am

CanadianBacon43 wrote:The Defenders may have downgraded their logo but their new uniforms are very cool to say the least.
Yea, I think a lot of the uniforms were a downgrade. I like Dc uniforms and STL uniforms as well. Seattle and Houston are very bad.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Rafael Menoncin and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:08 pm

I'm curious now, what XFL/USFL teams you guys will root for? 🤔

No team in my area in both leagues.

The closest teams are the Vegas Vipers and the Seattle SeaDragons, but honestly I'm thinking on joining the St Louis Battlehawks

For the USFL is little bit harder to pick a team since half of the league will not play in their home cities,  I read somewhere tha that the Memphis Showboats and Michigan Panthers will play in their home markets next year, so I'm thinking to Join one of them
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:20 pm

Rafael Menoncin wrote:I'm curious now, what XFL/USFL teams you guys will root for? 🤔

The closest teams are the Vegas Vipers and the Seattle SeaDragons, but honestly I'm thinking on joining the St Louis Battlehawks

For the USFL is little bit harder to pick a team since half of the league will not play in their home cities,  I read somewhere tha that the Memphis Showboats and Michigan Panthers will play in their home markets next year, so I'm thinking to Join one of them

Personally, I am going to go for the Roughnecks in the XFL and the Showboats in the USFL.
My reasoning for the Roughnecks is that they have a very close resemblance to the Houston Oilers, (sorry if I keep on talking about them). My reasoning for the Showboats is that I always love anything expansion, no matter what sport or league. Since the Showboats are replacing Tampa Bay, they are the new kids on the block, so I am rooting for them. If any team comes to Colorado, I am instantly going for them (Maybe a return for the Denver Gold?).
As a Browns fan, I still don't care that much about how we traded baker to Carolina, that was a great win yesterday though!
CarterB2
CarterB2

Austin Snelick and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:27 pm

Rafael Menoncin wrote:I'm curious now, what XFL/USFL teams you guys will root for? 🤔

I’m a Defenders fan in the XFL and I agree that it’s a little harder to get into the USFL because of the hub format but if I were to pick a team it would be the Philadelphia Stars because I’m an Eagles fan
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:32 am

I am rooting for the DC Defenders in the XFL and rooting for the Birmingham Stallions. I love the USFL more than the XFL since the USFL has a team in my state.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:23 am

Living in the DC area, I'm Defenders all the way. Had tickets to see a game in 2020, but of course, the season didn't finish. Has my Defenders shirt ready, and really wanted to get in on that beer snake. I'll for sure be planning a trip to a game this spring.
I'd say I'm more of a USFL fan though. Given I'm a Steelers fan, I kind of pull for Pittsburgh, naturally, but Birmingham has the best uniforms by far, and they were such a fun team last season, they were probably my favorite team in 2021.

Best case for spring football though, both leagues are able to be somewhat successful this year, and next year there's some kind of merger (I think more likely the USFL survives). Best best case, the Defenders make it to the USFL, but we shall see.

It will be interesting keeping up the site with both the USFL and XFL going on, especially during the GSL season. A lot of work ahead.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Curtis Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:31 am

Philadelphia Stars - because I`m a Philly sports fan
St Louis Battlehawks - Like the colors and helmet, no other reason really lol
Just need some kind of tv coverage up here north of the border and I`m all set.
Curtis
Curtis

Appleman20, CanadianBacon43 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:05 am

Curtis wrote:Philadelphia Stars - because I`m a Philly sports fan

I never had too much trouble getting XFL 2.0 games so I hope ESPN makes it just as easy to access XFL games in Canada this time around.

As long as it’s not AAF levels of difficult to access games I’ll be good
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:24 pm

CanadianBacon43 wrote:

I never had too much trouble getting XFL 2.0 games so I hope ESPN makes it just as easy to access XFL games in Canada this time around.

Since ESPN holds the  XFL  broadcast rights it's possible that their Canadian subsidiary (TSN) shows some games up there

For the USFL idk how Fox and NBC wil handle with the international broadcasts

Last edited by Rafael Menoncin on Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:27 pm

Rafael Menoncin wrote:
CanadianBacon43 wrote:

Since ESPN holds the  XFL  broadcast rights it's possible that their Canadian subsidiary (TSN) show a some games up there

For the USFL idk how Fox and NBC wil handle with the international broadcasts

TSN and ABC would play XFL games last time around so I imagine it would be the same thing but for USFL we don’t get FS1 so whatever games were on the main fox channel we’re what I got
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down