The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting a new league for myself

5 posters

Go down

Starting a new league for myself Empty Starting a new league for myself

Post  Ethan Guevara Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:08 pm

Hey Austin. I was wondering if I could also start a new “fun” online league for myself. I wanted to do one that’s like a vintage style league, like the 50s. I also wanted to ask for permission to use your 1950s uniform templates? One last thing, I wanted to ask if anybody could help me set up, I haven’t really made a website before but I would really like to.
Ethan Guevara
Ethan Guevara

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Starting a new league for myself Empty Re: Starting a new league for myself

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:11 pm

Ethan Guevara wrote:Hey Austin. I was wondering if I could also start a new “fun” online league for myself. I wanted to do one that’s like a vintage style league, like the 50s. I also wanted to ask for permission to use your 1950s uniform templates? One last thing, I wanted to ask if anybody could help me set up, I haven’t really made a website before but I would really like to.

I don't actually have the 1950s template myself. That's Bill Shaefers, and he usually doesn't like to give those out.
However, I think I might be able to find you an older style template somewhere, or adapt the templates I have.

As for website stuff, I probably don't have time to help out with code or anything, but I could give you a good idea on what kind of backend structure you would need. Do you have any web programming experience?
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Ethan Guevara and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:16 pm

Teams from this league are invited to the Second Canadian Bacon World Cup this September if the tournament doesn’t interfere with your season. I’ll start a thread in the UWFFL in June for applications to the Second Canadian Bacon World Cup.

Same thing goes for CarterB2’s league.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Austin Snelick, Ethan Guevara, sfcom1 and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:24 pm

CanadianBacon43 wrote:Teams from this league are invited to the Second Canadian Bacon World Cup this September if the tournament doesn’t interfere with your season. I’ll start a thread in the UWFFL in June for applications to the Second Canadian Bacon World Cup.

Same thing goes for CarterB2’s league.

Well...I have had 5 personal leagues in the past year alone.

MFL (Metaverse Football League) -currently offline until the GSL season is over
ASFL (American Simulation Football League) -might come back
WFL (World Football League) -defunct
AEFL (American Expansion Football League) -defunct, season still running
RAL (Revamped Arena League) -also the one your talking about, going to start to play when the AEFL season is over

So as you can see I have a very odd interest in football leagues. And out of all places, these leagues run in Discord FYI. I'm happy to let people join the RAL if they have Discord.
CarterB2
CarterB2

Ethan Guevara and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Guevara Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:52 am

Thanks Austin. I haven’t done much programming in a couple of years but I think I can remember it
Ethan Guevara
Ethan Guevara

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:15 pm

I kind of liked the idea. I also had a similar idea a few months ago, also a retro-themed league but set in the 1980s instead of the 1950s.

I'm a huge fan of the 1980s football aesthetics: the huge shoulder pads, the long sleeves, the unique facemasks, the light green astroturf, etc.

It would have taken place in the spring of 1986, the year after the final USFL season (until 2022).

I didn't take the idea forward due to my lack of programming skills.
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down