The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gridiron Bowl III

+4
Rafael Menoncin
Zenzo
CarterB2
Austin Snelick
8 posters

Go down

Gridiron Bowl III Empty Gridiron Bowl III

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:14 am

This is the official thread for all things Gridiron Bowl III related.

I wanted to start things off with the album with all the field designs:
https://imgur.com/a/I89Ok8z

I also posted some GSL stuff here:
https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/122899-gsl-the-gridiron-uniform-database-simulation-league-concepts-only/page/4/#comment-3348135

Here is a poster version of the Gridiron Bowl field. This is something I've done for all 57 Super Bowls as well (see here https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98529-super-bowl-field-database-super-bowl-lvii/?do=findComment&comment=3322327)

Gridiron Bowl III UDDsLkh
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Curtis, Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Gridiron Bowl III Empty Re: Gridiron Bowl III

Post  CarterB2 Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:37 am

Two underdogs competing for the championship, with the Owls defying odds week in and week out, and the Trappers memorable run through the playoffs, great way to end the 2023 GSL season. I also like the Packers color coincidence, very fitting. I am really exited to see the logo and field for the 2024 Gridiron Bowl in Pasadena, CA next year.
CarterB2
CarterB2

Curtis, Drew Abernathy and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Zenzo Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:22 pm

CarterB2 wrote:Two underdogs competing for the championship, with the Owls defying odds week in and week out, and the Trappers memorable run through the playoffs, great way to end the 2023 GSL season. I also like the Packers color coincidence, very fitting. I am really exited to see the logo and field for the 2024 Gridiron Bowl in Pasadena, CA next year.

Coming soon...Trying to get finishing touches/details worked out.  Gridiron Bowl III 1f60e
Zenzo
Zenzo

Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:48 pm

Gridiron Bowl III Preview: Birmingham Owls vs Salt Lake Trappers

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 6:25PM
Salt Lake vs Birmingham
Line: - 7.0 SL
O/U: 41.5
Win Pct: 69.0% SL

The highly anticipated Gridiron Bowl III is set to take place at Lambeau Field, featuring an exciting clash between the Birmingham Owls and the Salt Lake Trappers. The Trappers enter the game as the favorites, favored by seven points, but the Owls have emerged as the season's sensation, defying all odds and proving the skeptics wrong time and time again. Their journey has been remarkable, as they overcame underdog status for the majority of the season, exposing the flaws in the betting lines and odds.

In the playoffs, the Owls have showcased their resilience and ability to thrive under pressure. Their victories have been nothing short of thrilling, with a nail-biting overtime win against the Baltimore Blue Birds, a high-scoring shootout against the Toronto Terror in the Divisional Round, and an astonishing upset against the New York City Hawks in the Eastern Conference championship game. The Owls have demonstrated their ability to step up when it matters most, making them a formidable force.

On the other side, the Salt Lake Trappers boast a formidable roster, and despite experiencing ups and downs during the regular season, they secured a wildcard seed in the playoffs. Overcoming the challenge of playing all their games away from home, the Trappers showcased their resilience and determination. Their victories on the road against the Oakland Icons in the Wildcard round, Memphis in the Divisional Round, and a remarkable upset against their rivals, the Los Angeles Express (winners of the Redemption Game), have established them as a force to be reckoned with.

When analyzing the factors that could lead each team to victory, the Owls' success lies in their ability to defy expectations. Throughout the season, they have thrived on the underdog mentality and proven their critics wrong. If they continue to harness this energy and execute their game plan flawlessly, the Owls have a solid chance of overcoming the odds once again and emerging victorious.

Conversely, the Trappers' success hinges on their formidable roster and their ability to capitalize on their strengths. If they can leverage their offensive firepower, strong defensive plays, and solid teamwork, the Trappers can establish control over the game. Their experience in overcoming challenging situations during the playoffs will be crucial, as it has prepared them for the high-stakes atmosphere of the Gridiron Bowl III.

Ultimately, the outcome of this thrilling matchup at Lambeau Field will be determined by which team can execute their game plan most effectively, seize critical moments, and showcase their resilience under pressure. Both the Birmingham Owls and the Salt Lake Trappers have proven their mettle throughout the season and the playoffs, making this Gridiron Bowl III an intense battle that football fans won't want to miss.
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Austin Snelick, Curtis, Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:58 pm

Gridiron Bowl III Gb_bel10

Due to the overwhelmingly positive reception of the conference titles, I have decided to create a commemorative belt for the big game, known as the Big Gold Gridiron Bowl Belt. This prestigious belt represents the pinnacle of achievement in the world of football, embodying the spirit of competition, teamwork, and excellence.

Each side of the belt is adorned with symbols representing the participating teams, paying tribute to their remarkable journey to the ultimate showdown. The belt's straps are made from high-quality leather, signifying the durability and strength required to excel in the game. Embedded within the leather are shimmering gemstones, reminiscent of the passion and brilliance displayed by the players on the field.

The Big Gold Gridiron Bowl Belt serves as a tangible testament to the dedication, perseverance, and outstanding performance of the champions. It is not merely an accessory but a symbol of triumph, etching their names into the annals of football history.

This commemorative belt will be presented to the winning team of the Gridiron Bowl III, becoming a cherished memento and a source of inspiration for future generations. It will serve as a constant reminder that with unwavering commitment, determination, and a true passion for the game, greatness can be achieved.

As the Big Gold Gridiron Bowl Belt makes its debut, it represents a new chapter in the game's legacy, uniting fans, players, and communities in celebration of football's unparalleled magic. Its creation is a testament to the enduring power of sport, bringing people together and leaving an indelible mark on the hearts of all who witness its magnificence.
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Austin Snelick, Curtis, Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:17 pm

Rafael Menoncin wrote:Gridiron Bowl III Preview: Birmingham Owls vs Salt Lake Trappers

Salt Lake vs Birmingham

The highly anticipated Gridiron Bowl III is set to take place at Lambeau Field, featuring an exciting clash between the Birmingham Owls and the Salt Lake Trappers. The Trappers enter the game as the favorites, favored by seven points, but the Owls have emerged as the season's sensation, defying all odds and proving the skeptics wrong time and time again. Their journey has been remarkable, as they overcame underdog status for the majority of the season, exposing the flaws in the betting lines and odds.

In the playoffs, the Owls have showcased their resilience and ability to thrive under pressure. Their victories have been nothing short of thrilling, with a nail-biting overtime win against the Baltimore Blue Birds, a high-scoring shootout against the Toronto Terror in the Divisional Round, and an astonishing upset against the New York City Hawks in the Eastern Conference championship game. The Owls have demonstrated their ability to step up when it matters most, making them a formidable force.

On the other side, the Salt Lake Trappers boast a formidable roster, and despite experiencing ups and downs during the regular season, they secured a wildcard seed in the playoffs. Overcoming the challenge of playing all their games away from home, the Trappers showcased their resilience and determination. Their victories on the road against the Oakland Icons in the Wildcard round, Memphis in the Divisional Round, and a remarkable upset against their rivals, the Los Angeles Express (winners of the Redemption Game), have established them as a force to be reckoned with.

When analyzing the factors that could lead each team to victory, the Owls' success lies in their ability to defy expectations. Throughout the season, they have thrived on the underdog mentality and proven their critics wrong. If they continue to harness this energy and execute their game plan flawlessly, the Owls have a solid chance of overcoming the odds once again and emerging victorious.

Conversely, the Trappers' success hinges on their formidable roster and their ability to capitalize on their strengths. If they can leverage their offensive firepower, strong defensive plays, and solid teamwork, the Trappers can establish control over the game. Their experience in overcoming challenging situations during the playoffs will be crucial, as it has prepared them for the high-stakes atmosphere of the Gridiron Bowl III.

Ultimately, the outcome of this thrilling matchup at Lambeau Field will be determined by which team can execute their game plan most effectively, seize critical moments, and showcase their resilience under pressure. Both the Birmingham Owls and the Salt Lake Trappers have proven their mettle throughout the season and the playoffs, making this Gridiron Bowl III an intense battle that football fans won't want to miss.

As we enter the end of the season, I just want to give you a huge thank you for putting these betting lines together each week. It has been a tremendous help, and has been much appreciated.
Putting the work in all year should come with a perc for Portland, in hosting a Redemption Game or the All-Star Game next season, but that's something we can get to in the offseason (speaking of, the Memorial Day Classic for next year does have a location, but we will get to that in a few weeks). Again though, all this work has been very much appreciated, and I've enjoyed reading the write-ups.

Crazy to see the #6 seed as the favorites by a touchdown. But well deserved, if you're an insider knowing which teams Birmingham and Salt Lake map to. The fact that Birmingham even made the playoffs though tells you that this betting line means nothing.
To give some info away, The Los Angeles Express were the favorites to win the Gridiron Bowl coming into this season, as they were the team that mapped to the Kansas City Chiefs. I especially thought they'd take home the Gridiron Bowl trophy, given how they achieved a 14-2 record, and the #1 seed in the Western Conference, despite being in a division with two other playoff teams (including the now Western Conference Champion Trappers).

I think this will be a close game, as Birmingham always keeps things interesting, despite the odds.

I'll be making a drive home from PA during the game, or a trip home, as I will not be driving, so I'll at least be able to check in on the game. Hopefully, things work properly, because I won't be at a computer to fix anything in game. But, this season has gone pretty smoothly, so I expect the best, and a good game.
Good luck to both teams, and congrats on making it to the Gridiron Bowl!
Let the best, or luckiest, team win!
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, Rafael Menoncin, Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:40 am

Austin Snelick wrote:
Rafael Menoncin wrote:Gridiron Bowl III Preview: Birmingham Owls vs Salt Lake Trappers

Salt Lake vs Birmingham

As we enter the end of the season, I just want to give you a huge thank you for putting these betting lines together each week. It has been a tremendous help, and has been much appreciated.
Putting the work in all year should come with a perc for Portland, in hosting a Redemption Game or the All-Star Game next season, but that's something we can get to in the offseason (speaking of, the Memorial Day Classic for next year does have a location, but we will get to that in a few weeks). Again though, all this work has been very much appreciated, and I've enjoyed reading the write-ups.

Crazy to see the #6 seed as the favorites by a touchdown. But well deserved, if you're an insider knowing which teams Birmingham and Salt Lake map to. The fact that Birmingham even made the playoffs though tells you that this betting line means nothing.
To give some info away, The Los Angeles Express were the favorites to win the Gridiron Bowl coming into this season, as they were the team that mapped to the Kansas City Chiefs. I especially thought they'd take home the Gridiron Bowl trophy, given how they achieved a 14-2 record, and the #1 seed in the Western Conference, despite being in a division with two other playoff teams (including the now Western Conference Champion Trappers).

I think this will be a close game, as Birmingham always keeps things interesting, despite the odds.

I'll be making a drive home from PA during the game, or a trip home, as I will not be driving, so I'll at least be able to check in on the game. Hopefully, things work properly, because I won't be at a computer to fix anything in game. But, this season has gone pretty smoothly, so I expect the best, and a good game.
Good luck to both teams, and congrats on making it to the Gridiron Bowl!
Let the best, or luckiest, team win!

It has been a lot of fun writing the lines and odds for this season's GSL games. It's truly fascinating to observe how the teams perform and how it can vary from real-life matchups. If everything continues well here, I can continue with the work next year, and it will be a pleasure.

I'm stoked to bring a huge GSL event to Portland or somewhere nearby next year. We just have to make sure Providence Park can handle it; after all, we're talking about a nearly 100-year-old stadium that is the smallest in terms of capacity in the GSL. The facilities there are excellent, and the stadium was renovated a few years ago. However, there isn't enough space for tailgating and a larger fan experience; perhaps we can use the brand new Reser Stadium or Autzen Stadium to host the Redemption Game or the Memorial Day Classic.

Regarding Birmingham and Salt Lake, the team the Owls are mapped to finished third in their division in the NFL and didn't make it to the playoffs. On the other hand, the Trappers are associated with a team that won their division and had a deep playoff run. This explains the favoritism in the lines.
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Drew Abernathy and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:30 pm

Lots of Birmingham fans have traveled for the Gridiron Bowl. I am excited about this game. Let's go Birmingham.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:14 pm

Just inching up to game time. Let’s have a good, clean game!
Best of luck to both teams!
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Abernathy Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:57 pm

Congrats to the Owls on the win.

We just couldn't get it done.
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:59 pm

Lets goooooooooo, lets goooooooooooooo. We are champs baby. wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. GG Salt Lake, yall played a hell of a game.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:36 pm

A massive congrats to Birmingham for winning the annual Gridiron Bowl!

What a game, can't imagine how crazy the sideline went when the Owls pounded the ball in from the 37 of SL. I picture it like Adam Vinatieri's game winning field goal in Super Bowl 36 when the Patriots sideline went bonkers.

Gridiron Bowl III Image_13 Gridiron Bowl III Image_12

Again another congrats to Birmingham, and props to Salt Lake for making it that far in the first place. Both teams deserved to win, but only one could be crowned a champion at the end of the day.
CarterB2
CarterB2

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:40 am

Congratulations to the Birmingham Owls!!
Gridiron Bowl III BIR_2023_gb

No one could have predicted pre-season that this team would win it all.

With the game now over, I'll give some background on the mappings of some teams:

Birmingham: New England Patriots (do we really need the Patriots winning simulation league championships now too?)
Salt Lake: Philadelphia Eagles
Los Angeles: Kansas City Chiefs
New York: Baltimore Ravens
Memphis: Buffalo Bills
Toronto: San Francisco 49ers

Just to name a few
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Zenzo, Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:03 am

Wow, that explains our QB scrambling way more than usual. But J.K. Dobbins as our star RB??? Would have never expected that. I never saw any standout moments from our kicker either, even though Tucker is one of the best kickers in the league (and one of the highest OVR players on the Ravens M23 roster.) Speaking of high OVR, Mark Andrews was our highest overall player, interesting. I also just realized that we beat Salt lake (Philly) in week 12. It's pretty ironic that we were making the switch to look like the Ravens too, with almost the exact same color scheme and a near replica of the Ravens logo Laughing. Intrigued to see who is mapped to my favorite team, the Cleveland Browns.

Gridiron Bowl III Image_16Gridiron Bowl III Cityha29

Last edited by CarterB2 on Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:33 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : added logos and fixed wording)
CarterB2
CarterB2

Austin Snelick, Rafael Menoncin and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafael Menoncin Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:14 am

Congratulations to the Birmingham Owls on their remarkable victory in Gridiron Bowl III! At the beginning of the season, no one could have imagined that this team would emerge as champions at the end of the season. With unwavering resilience, they proved all the doubters wrong and have now rightfully claimed the prestigious Big Gold Gridiron Bowl Belt!

Just as a fun fact, as Austin said, the Owls were mapped to the New England Patriots and eventually won the Gridiron Bowl. The worst team in the 2023 GSL were my Portland Samurais, who finished with a 2-14 record and the No. 1 pick. The Samuais were mapped to the New York Giants, a team that actually won a playoff game on the road last year. This shows how the GSL can differ from reality and be an entire different league.

Without further ado, the 2023 GSL CHAMPIONS, THE BIRMINGHAN OWLS!!!! THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!
Gridiron Bowl III Bmgcha10
Rafael Menoncin
Rafael Menoncin

Austin Snelick, Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:24 am

CarterB2 wrote: Intrigued to see who is mapped to my favorite team, the Cleveland Browns.

Sorry to hear you're a Browns fan.

The San Diego Breakers were mapped to the Cleveland Browns this season.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Rafael Menoncin, Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:45 am

IDK how I won with the New England Patriots roaster, but I take it, lol. I must have also had the 2020 Mac Jones from Bama and the 2019 Harris. The funny thing is that I name my QB Jones, RB Martain, and star Wr Ross. I am just glad we won and that we went from 8-10 the first year to 13-3. Both Birmingham teams won the championship. The Stallions beat the Maulers, and the Owls beat the Trappers. What a year to be living in Birmingham.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Austin Snelick, Patrick Barnes, Rafael Menoncin, Drew Abernathy, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Abernathy Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:47 pm

That's interesting we were the Philly Eagles. I'm surprised we didn't score more with that offense.
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:28 pm

CarterB2 wrote:A massive congrats to Birmingham for winning the annual Gridiron Bowl!

What a game, can't imagine how crazy the sideline went when the Owls pounded the ball in from the 37 of SL. I picture it like Adam Vinatieri's game winning field goal in Super Bowl 36 when the Patriots sideline went bonkers.

Again another congrats to Birmingham, and props to Salt Lake for making it that far in the first place. Both teams deserved to win, but only one could be crowned a champion at the end of the day.

Just realized that Birmingham was mapped to NE...what a coincidence Shocked (for those who don't realize I made this post before Austin said what some teams were mapped to.)
CarterB2
CarterB2

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:53 pm

CarterB2 wrote:
CarterB2 wrote:A massive congrats to Birmingham for winning the annual Gridiron Bowl!

Just realized that Birmingham was mapped to NE...what a coincidence Shocked (for those who don't realize I made this post before Austin said what some teams were mapped to.)

I'm still surprised that I won a championship with the mid Patriots team lol
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:01 pm

Appleman20 wrote:
CarterB2 wrote:

I'm still surprised that I won a championship with the mid Patriots team lol

I was also surprised to say the least.
CarterB2
CarterB2

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie Steinbaum Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:28 pm

Well deserved championship for Birmingham!
Underdogs all year, and pulled off a title run for the ages. Maybe a callback to Super Bowl III, with a season like this.
Congrats!
Eddie Steinbaum
Eddie Steinbaum

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:53 am

Well done Birmingham. The Owls along with all other GSL owners are invited to partake in the Canadian Bacon World Cup this September. Check out the thread over in the UWFFL forum if anyone’s interested, there are still 5 spots open.
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:58 am

CanadianBacon43 wrote:Well done Birmingham. The Owls along with all other GSL owners are invited to partake in the Canadian Bacon World Cup this September. Check out the thread over in the UWFFL forum if anyone’s interested, there are still 5 spots open.

Oooo, that sounds interesting.
CarterB2
CarterB2

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down