The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration

5 posters

Go down

2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration Empty 2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:09 am

The 2024 Memorial Day Classic is set to take place in New York this spring. But, it needs a logo.

I wanted to try my hand at putting a logo together myself, but I got stuck, and at this point, I'm going to open the floor to others to finish what I started.

This is what I have, but I'm not happy with where it's going. The only parts I really want to keep, are the text, with "CLASSIC" on the white background, and everything else on the blue background.
Full sized image link: https://i.imgur.com/u4GOCVL.png
2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration U4GOCVL

Here are the various components separated:

Full sized image links:
https://i.imgur.com/gDejdps.png
https://i.imgur.com/njzkRFx.png
https://i.imgur.com/SVw2LxW.png
https://i.imgur.com/y2faEOk.png

The only requirements here are: use each of the four elements linked above, with their current color scheme.
And that's it.

I would like to have a logo finalized by the start of next season, but if there's a logo I really like, I may stop the collaboration there, and go with it.
I know this is a little different from how we have created league logos in the past, and I wanted to try something new, to see how it works out.

Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Curtis, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration Empty Re: 2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration

Post  CarterB2 Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:07 pm

Thanks, Austin, for setting this up; I think this is a great idea to try and experiment with. May the best design win!
CarterB2
CarterB2

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration Empty Re: 2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration

Post  rbronish Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:08 pm

Let's see what we can do with this

2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration Mdc2410
rbronish
rbronish

sfcom1, Appleman20, Frank and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:54 pm

I like where this is going.

I made some rough alterations, with the goal of having some other parts of the logo match the drop shadow of the text a little bit.
Since the text has that shaddow below, it makes it look like we are seeing the text at a lower angle, and that it has some depth. My goal was to try to do that with other logo elements as well.
I think even the gray lines at the bottom could benefit as well maybe?
2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration MDC-24-z-Processing-28-1024

My thinking for this was based on this year's heritage classic logo.
This logo also has a change in perspective, with the logo narrowing at the top, and that also plays into the drop shadow beneath the text. I just wasn't sure how to do this with the existing logo from rbronish
2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration _nhl_heritage_classic_logo_primary_2024_sportslogosnet-3125
Frank
Frank

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rbronish Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:28 pm

Here's version 2

2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration Mdc2412
rbronish
rbronish

sfcom1, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:01 pm

Haven't gotten anything here in a while, so I will set a date in January where I will get an official logo. So that still gives some time for those who may want to take a stab at any ideas you might have.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Abernathy Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:05 pm

I could tinker around with it in Illustrator.

I was busy goofing around to make a resume like My Little Pony and came up with this logo2024 Memorial Day Classic Logo Collaboration My_lit10
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

Austin Snelick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down