The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSL Memorial Day Classic Logo Contest

2 posters

Go down

GSL Memorial Day Classic Logo Contest Empty GSL Memorial Day Classic Logo Contest

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:10 pm

Let's do another logo contest, this time for the GSL Memorial Day Classic. Thanks to Rob for the suggestion.

** Note: This contest is open to all league owners, as well as non-league owners

Official Contest Guidelines

1. Design a logo for the 2021 GSL Memorial Day Classic, with the following elements
* Logo must have the text "Memorial Day Classic"
* Logo must have either the GSL logo, or text "GSL" (this must go before or above, Memorial Day Classic, so that the logo reads "GSL Memorial Day Classic")
* Logo must have, either in the logo itself, or below the logo, the date of the game (The date is May 31st, 2021. You can include the date any way you want, in any format you want, as long as the month day and year appear some where. This could include having the year in the logo, and the rest of the date below the logo, etc.)
* Logo must have, either in the logo itself, or below the logo, the location of the game (This game will be played in Norfolk, Virginia . Norfolk, VA is also an acceptable way to display the name)
* Logo must be submitted on a white background, and a color background

2. The contest begins today, and will end Sunday May 16th at 11:59PM Eastern time.
* I will need some time after the winner is chosen to upscale the image if necessary, and to put the logo on uniforms/fields/etc.

3. Once you have completed a design, email the submission to gridironuniforms@gmail.com
* DO NOT post anything related to your submission to the forum, as to not give away who created the logos. YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF YOU DO SO.
* Once you have emailed your submission, your submission is final (unless I point out that you need to fix something to meet contest guidelines)

4. Determining a contest winner
* I will create an online album for all of the logo submissions, and assign each submission a number
* League members will give a ranked choice vote of their favorite three submissions, by telling me a place, and the submission number
* EX) 1st: submission 5 2nd: submission 2 3rd: submission 4
* Voting will start once the album is posted Monday May 17th, and will end Friday May 21st at 11:59PM Eastern time.
* 1st place votes are worth 3 points, 2nd worth 2 points, and 3rd worth 1 point. The submission with the most points will win the contest.

These rules are quite similar to the "conference runner up" game contest. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
There's a little more than 7 weeks to finish this contest, so there should be plenty of time for everyone to have a chance to come up with a logo if they want to participate.
Because this logo contest overlaps with the other logo contest, the winner of the "conference runner up" game logo contest is still eligible to win this contest as well. I'm not sure if I should change that for contests for the 2022 season, but that'll be something to figure out in the off season.

Good luck everyone!
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Rob Holecko, rbronish, NeauXone, sfcom1 and Curtis like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Memorial Day Classic Logo Contest Empty Re: GSL Memorial Day Classic Logo Contest

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:00 pm

This might help.

The official GSL logo.
https://i.imgur.com/ddpiXH1.png

Note that the football in the GSL logo is only gold when the logo is on a navy background (as in the website banner).

Last edited by Austin Snelick on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

GSL Memorial Day Classic Logo Contest Empty Re: GSL Memorial Day Classic Logo Contest

Post  Curtis Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:54 pm

Can the Toronto Terror submit a special uni set or maybe add a patch to their existing sets for this matchup ?
Curtis
Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:40 am

Curtis wrote:Can the Toronto Terror submit a special uni set or maybe add a patch to their existing sets for this matchup ?

The patch for the game will be the game logo, now that Norfolk has said they would wear the game logo patch.

I'll grant Toronto the rights to have a special uniform for this game, but I would like the uniform to me by April 30th at the latest.

By the way, is there a Canadian equivalent to Memorial day? For some reason I'm thinking there is a remembrance day in November (dating back to the end of WWI)
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Curtis Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:17 pm

Yes Remembrance Day is the equivalent in Canada . Its on November 11.
Curtis
Curtis

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:31 am

Reminder that this contest is also on-going.
I've so far received 3 entries.

And Curtis, reminder that if Toronto wants a special uniform set for this game, I'll need it by April 30th.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Curtis likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue May 04, 2021 7:01 am

Another reminder that this logo competition is still running for another 12 days (ends Sunday night the 16th).

I've still got just three entries, but there's still time to enter.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue May 11, 2021 4:07 pm

Just pushing out another reminder that this contest ends Sunday night, for anyone who still wishes to enter.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down