The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Team Titles Page

4 posters

Go down

New Team Titles Page Empty New Team Titles Page

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:53 pm

I added a new Team Titles page to the GSL website, which includes all current franchises and their team's titles.
I have also added playoff appearance seasons beneath each teams titles.

There is a link in the top blue bars that is replacing the News link (just don't have the time to get news stories up these days).
https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=team-titles
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

spencer_g, Curtis, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

New Team Titles Page Empty Re: New Team Titles Page

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:59 am

Added one more section to the team titles page.
They are basically little token logos for when a team has made the playoffs, or won a playoff game (including redemption game)
This should cover the full extent of all team accomplishments
https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=team-titles
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:20 pm

I feel bad that Miami has not been in the playoffs yet. (Getting a bit of that Detroit feel there. (The curse of Bobby Lane Lives!) But this is a new year. You never know. 😀
sfcom1
sfcom1

NeauXone, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:09 am

sfcom1 wrote:I feel bad that Miami has not been in the playoffs yet. (Getting a bit of that Detroit feel there. (The curse of Bobby Lane Lives!)  But this is a new year. You never know. 😀

Given it's all random chance, on average each team should win the division once every 4 years, and each team has a 43.75% chance to make the playoffs. Of course, it never works out that way. There's only a few teams left who have not made the playoffs at this point.
Of course, I know I do have the power to assign better teams to teams that have been bad in the past, but, I really like the true random nature of the league, and I do not want to have the integrity of the randomness questioned. So some teams are going to get unlucky and be bad year in and year out, and other teams are going to be lucky and make the playoffs every year. Or, like the Eagles, make it to the first two Gridiron Bowls. Or like the Owls, draw the 2022 New England Patriots as their simulation team, and somehow defy all the odds and run the table (which to me, was the most improbable run we may ever see).
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:23 am

Austin Snelick wrote:
sfcom1 wrote:I feel bad that Miami has not been in the playoffs yet. (Getting a bit of that Detroit feel there. (The curse of Bobby Lane Lives!)  But this is a new year. You never know. 😀

Given it's all random chance, on average each team should win the division once every 4 years, and each team has a 43.75% chance to make the playoffs. Of course, it never works out that way. There's only a few teams left who have not made the playoffs at this point.
Of course, I know I do have the power to assign better teams to teams that have been bad in the past, but, I really like the true random nature of the league, and I do not want to have the integrity of the randomness questioned. So some teams are going to get unlucky and be bad year in and year out, and other teams are going to be lucky and make the playoffs every year. Or, like the Eagles, make it to the first two Gridiron Bowls. Or like the Owls, draw the 2022 New England Patriots as their simulation team, and somehow defy all the odds and run the table (which to me, was the most improbable run we may ever see).

NGL, I was surprised myself last year. The Owls took that roaster and won a championship, especially how bad the 2022 Patriots team was. Now, if the Owls make the playoffs or win the division even when we have a Bad in all categories, then the Owls are a different breed of a team lol. Also, can we replace the team we draw for the Stallions 2024 roaster New Team Titles Page 1f62d New Team Titles Page 1f40e
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Davis Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:04 pm

Our section is a little sad right now. Hopefully we can change that this year!
Patrick Davis
Patrick Davis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down