The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preseason games

2 posters

Go down

Preseason games Empty Preseason games

Post  Appleman20 Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:36 pm

Are the preseason games live? I was wondering because I don't see the showing up in the GSL Game Center.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Preseason games Empty Re: Preseason games

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:50 am

They should have been ...

This is why we have preseason though. Make sure everything is working before the regular season starts.
I can see that the games from last night simulated, they just didn't kickoff for some reason.

Here are the scores I have:
BOS-20 TOR-13
SD- 37 STL-34
ABQ-26 OAK-28
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:19 am

Okay, solved the issue, so we should get live games tonight.
I forgot to prime the simulation database. Didn't upload an empty database for 2024 for the play by play data to actually write to. Now that it is up, last nights games went straight to the end of the games with all the play by play data.
The live games work based on timestamp. Each play is simulated as soon as kickoff time is hit, and a timestamp is generated for when that play will be shown. Since we are way past game end time, all the plays shown at once for last nights game.
Tonight's games should all be live play by play in the game center as usual. But let me know if something doesn't look right.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:49 pm

Yeah, the games are still not showing up. I don't know if its something wrong with the browser I am using or if I am not looking in the right place.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:05 pm

Appleman20 wrote:Yeah, the games are still not showing up. I don't know if its something wrong with the browser I am using or if I am not looking in the right place.

I had one of them working earlier. Yesterday's games all have play by play and scores.

It appears that I'm having a issue with one of the databases that tracks what games should be live, and which games are currently live. The database appears to be empty, which I did not do, so I will have to investigate further.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Appleman20 Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:39 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:
Appleman20 wrote:Yeah, the games are still not showing up. I don't know if its something wrong with the browser I am using or if I am not looking in the right place.

I had one of them working earlier. Yesterday's games all have play by play and scores.

It appears that I'm having a issue with one of the databases that tracks what games should be live, and which games are currently live. The database appears to be empty, which I did not do, so I will have to investigate further.

Now, I see the Minnesota vs LA game is live. I didn't see the Birmingham game live but I am glad we won the game.
Appleman20
Appleman20

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:43 pm

Appleman20 wrote:
Austin Snelick wrote:

Now, I see the Minnesota vs LA game is live. I didn't see the Birmingham game live but I am glad we won the game.

It was live because I was testing something (I moved the game time from 10 Eastern to 9 to test). But, moving the game time helped me figure out what the real issue was. I put the timestamps for the preseason games in the database in the wrong format, which caused the times to be read wrong. That has been updated, so I'm hoping at 10PM, the two games scheduled for that time will kickoff properly, and have live updates. We shall see.

Always something to figure out at the beginning of the season, but that's why we have preseason games.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:03 pm

Games kicked off, and are updating live.

I will have a minor fix to make with the Memphis and Atlanta games next week, based on a team_id issue, like we saw last season. (ATL and MEM being display names, but AA and MPS being the database internal names). It's an easy fix though.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down