The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World League of American Football and NFL Europe

3 posters

Go down

World League of American Football and NFL Europe Empty World League of American Football and NFL Europe

Post  darkwingalex Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:48 pm

With all the other spring leagues that are being documented on the GUD, I think we should start a database for the WLAF/NFLE very soon.

The World League was the first alternative league that I could remember. As a little kid, I was fascinated to see uniforms and logos beyond the 28 NFL teams that were in existence at the time I started watching and learning to understand the game of football. My favorite aspect of the WLAF was the USA Network's Helmet Cam.

Each of the WLAF's charter members had great uniforms in the inaugural season in 1991. The Orlando Thunder's neon green shirts were my favorite.

darkwingalex

CarterB2 and darkwingalex like this post

Back to top Go down

World League of American Football and NFL Europe Empty Re: World League of American Football and NFL Europe

Post  darkwingalex Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:15 pm

I'll start with some images I've seen on Flickr years ago.
World League of American Football and NFL Europe 3604018517_1b3e0ed355_k
World League of American Football and NFL Europe <a href=World League of American Football and NFL Europe 3604015951_dfc2c78b0e_3k1991 World League 1.jpg by Paul, on Flickr" />

darkwingalex

CarterB2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

World League of American Football and NFL Europe Empty Re: World League of American Football and NFL Europe

Post  rbronish Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:15 am

https://imgur.com/a/hdSyKjn

I had started with 2007 and making my way backwards.

Here are some examples
World League of American Football and NFL Europe Z8MsxKeWorld League of American Football and NFL Europe GuIvJrA
rbronish
rbronish

CarterB2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:44 pm

Great suggestion! I'd love to see the WLAF on the GUD soon. (Probably after the CFL is finished.)
CarterB2
CarterB2

Back to top Go down

Post  darkwingalex Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:52 pm

CarterB2 wrote:Great suggestion! I'd love to see the WLAF on the GUD soon. (Probably after the CFL is finished.)

I think what could help is if we had more contributors who are most familiar with the CFL or WLAF.

Another thing I'd appreciate is if we had a sub forum for people to post concepts.

Here's what I'm looking for for 1991 for instance.
Week 9
Frankfurt at Barcelona
Orlando at Raleigh-Durham

Week 10
Birmingham at Raleigh-Durham

The rest of the 91 season, I'm able to get a general idea of the uniform combos from what I can find on YouTube.

darkwingalex

CarterB2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  darkwingalex Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:00 pm

1995 season which was the first to feature only European teams aired on tape delay only for those of you who had DirecTV at the time.

This is what I could find based on small snippets I've been able to find on YouTube.

Week 1
London at Frankfurt

Week 2
Scotland at Barcelona
Frankfurt at Amsterdam (white at home)

Week 3
Scotland at Frankfurt (white at home)

Week 4
Frankfurt at Rhein (white at home)
Amsterdam at Scotland (white at home)
Barcelona at London (white at home)

Week 5
Barcelona at Frankfurt
London at Scotland

Week 6
Frankfurt at London

Week 7
Scotland at Amsterdam (white at home)
Rhein at Frankfurt (white at home)
London at Barcelona (white at home)

Week 8
Amsterdam at Frankfurt
Rhein at London (white at home)

Week 9
Frankfurt at Scotland

Week 10
Frankfurt at Barcelona

World Bowl 95
Frankfurt at Amsterdam

darkwingalex

CarterB2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down