The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

facemask question

2 posters

Go down

facemask question  Empty facemask question

Post  slats7 Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:56 pm

what's the name of this type of facemask that became popular in the mid to late 1970s?

facemask question  Dallas_u_white_600

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-06-12

Back to top Go down

facemask question  Empty Re: facemask question

Post  John C Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:59 pm

That style facemask is known as the "OPO" - or "oral protection only". It was somewhere toward the end of the 1960s style like Danny White is wearing was developed; there was an earlier style like what Namath wore in Super Bowl III that had a single center bar and was somewhat smaller and rounder - like this one from Helmet Hut:

facemask question  SH710

John C

Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-10-16

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum