The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GSL Offseason

+5
NeauXone
CanadianBacon43
sfcom1
CarterB2
Austin Snelick
9 posters

Go down

GSL Offseason Empty GSL Offseason

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:45 pm

The offseason is officially here, and I have some off season dates of note:

Relocations. If you'd like to apply for relocation, I need an official email notice by September 1st.
Name changes: Same date for changing the name of your team.
Team design updates: All new team designs must be emailed to me by January 1, 2024. I know some of you have been posting new designs in the forum, and you can (and I encourage you to do that), but OFFICIAL designs must be emailed to me, for me to get them on the site. Once you email me, DESIGNS ARE FINAL. So continue posting on the forum for feedback and to make changes, but once you email me with your designs, you will no longer be able to make changes.

I will post more updates as the offseason goes along.

As of now, I know there are two relocations. Cincinnati will be moving to Detroit, and another team (maybe Baltimore?) will be moving to Minnesota.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Untitled0717, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Offseason Empty Re: GSL Offseason

Post  CarterB2 Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:35 pm

I wanted to make one more thing before we move on to the offseason. Helmets are a crucial part of a player's health; they can also be used as a design aspect. I was on X (Twitter) today and saw a nicely put-together image made by someone who went over the helmets for the 2023-2024 NFL season. So I made a GSL one.

Notes:
1. Some teams had more than three helmets, for example, Colorado, Boston, and Oakland. I couldn't use all of them. Also, some teams, like Cincy or Miami, had a helmet that I couldn't decide was a throwback or an alternate helmet, so I opted not to use it.
2. Throwbacks are ONLY helmets that don't feature a logo, have numbers on them (Pennsylvania as an exception), or are verbally said by the owner to be throwbacks/classic helmets.

I hope you like it!

GSL Offseason Image_22
CarterB2
CarterB2

Austin Snelick, Untitled0717, sfcom1, Patrick Barnes and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:19 am

CarterB2 wrote:I wanted to make one more thing before we move on to the offseason. Helmets are a crucial part of a player's health; they can also be used as a design aspect. I was on X (Twitter) today and saw a nicely put-together image made by someone who went over the helmets for the 2023-2024 NFL season. So I made a GSL one.

Notes:
1. Some teams had more than three helmets, for example, Colorado, Boston, and Oakland. I couldn't use all of them. Also, some teams, like Cincy or Miami, had a helmet that I couldn't decide was a throwback or an alternate helmet, so I opted not to use it.
2. Throwbacks are ONLY helmets that don't feature a logo, have numbers on them (Pennsylvania as an exception), or are verbally said by the owner to be throwbacks/classic helmets.

I hope you like it!

GSL Offseason Image_22

Really cool graphic!
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, Patrick Barnes, Curtis, Appleman20, ICRMON and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:45 am

We're closing in on the relocation and name change deadline. Remember, if you relocate, I will need the new location by the September 1st deadline. For name changes, I do NOT need that by September 1st. Lets make that October 1st, so there would be plenty of time to get new designs in.

Right now, we have three relocations for next season, one unconfirmed, that may just be a name change, and one team whose owner will not return, so we will see what happens with that team.

1. The San Antonio Texans will relocate to Houston, and will change their name (name not yet determined)
2. The Cincinnati Knights are relocating to Detroit, to become the Detroit Dreadnoughts
3. Not sure which team will be the one relocating (might be Dallas now) but the owner of the Vancouver Bears will be taking a team to Minneapolis, as the Minnesota Beavers
4. My brother has been wanting to get into the league, just waiting to see if he will take over the Bluebirds, or potentially Dallas, but that will likely come with at least a name change, and maybe a relocation

If possible, I'll try to keep the Bears in Vancouver, to cover that large market in western Canada.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Ethan Guevara, sfcom1, Appleman20, CanadianBacon43 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CarterB2 Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:31 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:We're closing in on the relocation and name change deadline. Remember, if you relocate, I will need the new location by the September 1st deadline. For name changes, I do NOT need that by September 1st. Lets make that October 1st, so there would be plenty of time to get new designs in.

Right now, we have three relocations for next season, one unconfirmed, that may just be a name change, and one team whose owner will not return, so we will see what happens with that team.

1. The San Antonio Texans will relocate to Houston, and will change their name (name not yet determined)
2. The Cincinnati Knights are relocating to Detroit, to become the Detroit Dreadnoughts
3. Not sure which team will be the one relocating (might be Dallas now) but the owner of the Vancouver Bears will be taking a team to Minneapolis, as the Minnesota Beavers
4. My brother has been wanting to get into the league, just waiting to see if he will take over the Bluebirds, or potentially Dallas, but that will likely come with at least a name change, and maybe a relocation

If possible, I'll try to keep the Bears in Vancouver, to cover that large market in western Canada.

Wow, I didn't see that San Antonio relocation coming...👀
CarterB2
CarterB2

sfcom1 and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:46 am

Some updates on team movement for 2024
Here is the TV market map for 2024 thus far, although Dallas may also be on the move. More on that shortly.
Full sized image link: https://i.imgur.com/T3TKjuC.png
GSL Offseason KlkRDGb

Baltimore has relocated to Minnesota.
Cincinnati has relocated to Detroit.
San Antonio has relocated to Houston.
New ownership for Vancouver and Dallas for the upcoming season.

Division re-alignment and a schedule will not be produced until the Dallas situation is finalized.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

spencer_g, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:15 pm

Okay, I have the final team location confirmed.
My Brother is just going to take over the Baltimore franchise and rebrand, which means Dallas is relocating to Minnesota under new ownership.

At this point, All 32 teams have an owner.

Dallas moving to Minnesota will also effect division alignment in the Western Conference. Eastern Conference will remain exactly the same (Detroit remains in the Central division after moving from Cincinnati).

In the Western Conference:
Pacific Division: Oakland, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver (unchanged)
West Division: Colorado, Houston, Los Angeles, San Diego (Houston and Colorado join, Las Vegas and Salt Lake Leave)
Desert Division: Albuquerque, Arizona, Las Vegas, Salt Lake (South Division becomes Desert, Adding Las Vegas and Salt Lake, while Houston and Minnesota leave)
Heartland Division: Kansas City, Memphis, Minnesota, St. Louis (Minnesota is added, while Colorado leaves)

I tried to keep as much the same as possible with divisions, but I think the new alignment makes more sense. The West division is a little spread out now, but it's not too much different from the AFC West, and Houston is more west than Kansas City, and closer to the California teams.

I'll have a couple of website updates to make, linking Minnesota to the Dallas franchise, instead of Baltimore, and have the Baltimore franchise just rebrand.

With all the divisions aligned, I can get working on a schedule soon.
As of now, all we know is that Birmingham will host the opening night kickoff game, and New York will host the Memorial Day Classic.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

spencer_g, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:56 am

I'm still working through getting everyone's designs up on the site (or at least, the ones that were submitted to me).

I'm currently finishing up with Minnesota, and I do have designs from Atlanta and Miami, but I don't think I have all designs from those teams (for Atlanta and Miami, I just have uniforms)

When sending me team designs to get on the site for next season, please send me everything, in the highest resolution possible. That means all logos, wordmarks, uniforms, and fields, and all logos or wordmarks or anything else used on the uniforms or fields, in the highest resolution you have. This saves me a ton of time getting everything together for the website, especially if I need to move your designs over to my MS Paint templates.

Last note, if you go to you team page, for example, here is mine for the Outlaws: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=team-history&team_id=LV
And for 2024, you don't see logos, wordmarks, uniforms, and fields, then at this point, I have not received an email from you with ALL of your team designs for 2024.
If you plan to keep your team designs the same as last season, just send me an email telling me so.

And please email me with any questions. I'd like to get everything up sooner rather than later. I'm setting the cutoff for team designs at January 1st, as usual.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

CarterB2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:09 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:I'm still working through getting everyone's designs up on the site (or at least, the ones that were submitted to me).

I'm currently finishing up with Minnesota, and I do have designs from Atlanta and Miami, but I don't think I have all designs from those teams (for Atlanta and Miami, I just have uniforms)

When sending me team designs to get on the site for next season, please send me everything, in the highest resolution possible. That means all logos, wordmarks, uniforms, and fields, and all logos or wordmarks or anything else used on the uniforms or fields, in the highest resolution you have. This saves me a ton of time getting everything together for the website, especially if I need to move your designs over to my MS Paint templates.

Last note, if you go to you team page, for example, here is mine for the Outlaws: https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GSL/controller/controller.php?action=team-history&team_id=LV
And for 2024, you don't see logos, wordmarks, uniforms, and fields, then at this point, I have not received an email from you with ALL of your team designs for 2024.
If you plan to keep your team designs the same as last season, just send me an email telling me so.

And please email me with any questions. I'd like to get everything up sooner rather than later. I'm setting the cutoff for team designs at January 1st, as usual.

Just taking a littlebit longer. I am upscaling the Field Models I created last month. As for the logos amd wordmarks, they are the same design but updating the colors and adding the updated "Fauxback" logo.

John

Last edited by sfcom1 on Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
sfcom1
sfcom1

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:14 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:I'm still working through getting everyone's designs up on the site (or at least, the ones that were submitted to me).

Atlanta will be using the same logos and word marks as well as last season’s white end zone field and the Georgia Bulldogs field that was posted in another thread
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

sfcom1, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:14 pm

Just an update on what I have from people so far, and approaching deadlines.

Right now, The following team designs for 2024 are complete and uploaded to the website:
Birmingham Owls
Boston Bobcats
Carolina Reapers
Jacksonville Captains
Kansas City Buffaloes
Las Vegas Outlaws
Louisiana Royals
Memphis Demons
New York CityHawks
San Diego Breakers
Seattle Sockeyes
St. Louis Brewers
Vancouver Bears
Wisconsin Stags

The following teams have submitted designs, but there are still a few things in progress:
Atlanta Aliens (Austin needs high res Wordmark for Skyhawks helmet)
Minnesota Beavers (Austin needs to complete and upload fields and logos, when I get larger roundel logos)
Washington Stars (Austin only needs new fields, if changing, or needs to know if fields will be the same as last year)

The following teams I have either not yet received designs, or have not heard from (whether will submit new designs, or will use the same designs as last season)
Albuquerque Atoms
Arizona Eagles
Baltimore Team 32
Colorado Cabras
Detroit Dreadnoughts
Houston Halos
Los Angeles Express
Louisville Lightning
Miami Sol
Montréal Maroons
Oakland Icons
Pennsylvania Keystones
Portland Samurais
Salt Lake Trappers
Toronto Terror

If I have not heard anything from you yet about your designs, I'd appreciate an update. That includes if you want your team designs to remain the same from last year.

Again, deadline for having all 2024 team designs to me is January 1. At that point, if I don't have something from you, I will use team designs from last year.

And just a note about my status going into next season. My wife is expecting a baby right before the season starts, so I'd like to get everything set up as much as possible before the baby comes. After that, I'll try to be as active with the league as I can be, but to make things easier for me, the sooner you get things submitted, or post your weekly uniform selections, the quicker I can update the website.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, spencer_g, Appleman20, CanadianBacon43 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:23 pm

Working as fast as I can, with this cranky Laptop.

John
sfcom1
sfcom1

Austin Snelick, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadianBacon43 Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:26 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:Just an update on what I have from people so far, and approaching deadlines.

Right now, The following team designs for 2024 are complete and uploaded to the website:
Birmingham Owls
Boston Bobcats
Carolina Reapers
Jacksonville Captains
Kansas City Buffaloes
Las Vegas Outlaws
Louisiana Royals
Memphis Demons
New York CityHawks
San Diego Breakers
Seattle Sockeyes
St. Louis Brewers
Vancouver Bears
Wisconsin Stags

The following teams have submitted designs, but there are still a few things in progress:
Minnesota Beavers (Austin needs to complete and upload fields and logos, when I get larger roundel logos)
Washington Stars (Austin only needs new fields, if changing, or needs to know if fields will be the same as last year)

The following teams I have either not yet received designs, or have not heard from (whether will submit new designs, or will use the same designs as last season)
Albuquerque Atoms
Arizona Eagles
Baltimore Team 32
Colorado Cabras
Detroit Dreadnoughts
Houston Halos
Los Angeles Express
Louisville Lightning
Miami Sol
Montréal Maroons
Oakland Icons
Pennsylvania Keystones
Portland Samurais
Salt Lake Trappers
Toronto Terror

If I have not heard anything from you yet about your designs, I'd appreciate an update. That includes if you want your team designs to remain the same from last year.

Again, deadline for having all 2024 team designs to me is January 1. At that point, if I don't have something from you, I will use team designs from last year.

And just a note about my status going into next season. My wife is expecting a baby right before the season starts, so I'd like to get everything set up as much as possible before the baby comes. After that, I'll try to be as active with the league as I can be, but to make things easier for me, the sooner you get things submitted, or post your weekly uniform selections, the quicker I can update the website.

I’ll try to get the word mark up this weekend. If not it’ll come in by mid December when my schedule clears up a bit.

Congratulations!
CanadianBacon43
CanadianBacon43

Austin Snelick, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  NeauXone Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:02 pm

Team designs will be coming tonight. ⚡
NeauXone
NeauXone

Austin Snelick, spencer_g and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethan Guevara Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:49 pm

I’m having a little trouble with the new template so it’s taking me a little longer.
Ethan Guevara
Ethan Guevara

Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:10 pm

Ethan Guevara wrote:I’m having a little trouble with the new template so it’s taking me a little longer.

A lot of times, if you have your ideas on the template, I end up transitioning them over myself. So if you've got your basic ideas ready, and can describe what needs to be done to get them on the template, I can take them the rest of the way, if that helps.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Ethan Guevara and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  sfcom1 Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:18 pm

Just sent the updated word marks in the correct colors for 2024.
The Numbers remain in the same custom font, but also match the updated colors.

John

Last edited by sfcom1 on Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
sfcom1
sfcom1

Appleman20 likes this post

Back to top Go down

GSL Offseason Empty GSL Offseason

Post  zvought Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:24 am

PA Keystones updates will be coming shortly. Went through a job transition, so time has been hard to come by.

Nothing major, big helmet changes and new alternate uniforms. Can expect them this week.

Thanks!
zvought
zvought

Austin Snelick, sfcom1, spencer_g, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:05 am

I've got a few teams I am still catching up on. Hoping to get through the rest of what has been sent to me in the next couple of days.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1 and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:50 am

I have an update for Baltimore.

Since my brother is not interested in getting an account here and interacting with the forum, I'm going to post for him.

In the end, he decided to stick with the Baltimore Bluebirds for this season (they may move or change names next season, once he has more time to think about what he wants to do).
With that, he did add some new designs.

GSL Offseason BAL_A1b
GSL Offseason BAL_2024%5E3

GSL Offseason BAL_H2
GSL Offseason BAL_2024%5E2
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, spencer_g, Curtis, Appleman20, Frank and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Patrick Barnes Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:05 pm

Austin Snelick wrote:Just an update on what I have from people so far, and approaching deadlines.

Birmingham Owls
Boston Bobcats
Carolina Reapers
Jacksonville Captains
Kansas City Buffaloes
Las Vegas Outlaws
Louisiana Royals
Memphis Demons
New York CityHawks
San Diego Breakers
Seattle Sockeyes
St. Louis Brewers
Vancouver Bears
Wisconsin Stags

Albuquerque Atoms
Arizona Eagles
Baltimore Team 32
Colorado Cabras
Detroit Dreadnoughts
Houston Halos
Los Angeles Express
Louisville Lightning
Miami Sol
Montréal Maroons
Oakland Icons
Pennsylvania Keystones
Portland Samurais
Salt Lake Trappers
Toronto Terror

Hey Austin, the Washington Stars are confirming that no changes will be made to the field design this year. So it will stay the same as the previous seasons. Thanks.
Patrick Barnes
Patrick Barnes

Austin Snelick and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:04 am

Patrick Barnes wrote:

Hey Austin, the Washington Stars are confirming that no changes will be made to the field design this year. So it will stay the same as the previous seasons. Thanks.

Thanks, I have the fields up now.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

Patrick Barnes and Appleman20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Snelick Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:07 am

Alright, we are just a few weeks from the deadlines coming up, and here is where I am at with hearing from teams.

Designs summited that I need to get up on the website:
Louisville Lightning (Just fields - field numbers)
Pennsylvania Keystones

Teams that have not emailed me any designs, or told me that past designs will remain the same
Arizona Eagles
Detroit Dreadnoughts
Houston Halos
Los Angeles Express
Oakland Icons
Salt Lake Trappers

I know I have heard from some of you already, and there are a few more of you I will reach out to individually.

When we get to January, if you have not emailed me any designs, or made other arraignments, then your previous season's designs will be used by default for the 2024 season.
Austin Snelick
Austin Snelick

sfcom1, Patrick Barnes, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Drew Abernathy Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:59 am

*pushes open the door and doubles over trying to catch his breath*

I'M HERE! I'M HERE!

Just sent you my fields for this season.

*gasps for a breath*
Drew Abernathy
Drew Abernathy

NeauXone, sfcom1, spencer_g, Patrick Barnes, Appleman20 and CarterB2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down