The Gridiron Uniform Database Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

some Football Giants observations (in nike-wear)

3 posters

Go down

some Football Giants observations (in nike-wear) Empty some Football Giants observations (in nike-wear)

Post  nybatt Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:54 am

Thankfully, the Giants looked classic and almost un-altered last night in their nike debut...

A couple things caught my eye...

**thankfully the fly-wire nonsense was not too noticable...
**the 5-stripe pants looked magnificent, as usual, ESPECIALLY now that none of the players are wearing the 'stretched out', large stripe version that were evident with the reebok pants the past few years
**GREAT to see Eli Manning wearing sleeves (well as close to sleeves as we can get in 2012)!! and the northwestern stipes looked fantastic!! (ryan perriloux in sleeves as well)
**The only 2 Giants I could see wearing "team-colored" cleats were Manning and Ahmad Bradshaw... the rest wore classic black.. the team-colors appear to be mostly grey with red and blue highlights
**There is definitely a difference in the name-on-back lettering from last year. For lack of a better choice of words, the lettering looks wider and bolder.

All in all, my favorite uniform showed fantastic last night! Hopefully the blues will satisfy as well.

Dave Battafarano
"nybatt"
Wilmington, Del.

nybatt

Back to top Go down

some Football Giants observations (in nike-wear) Empty Re: some Football Giants observations (in nike-wear)

Post  timmyb Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:44 pm

From a personal standpoint, I am noticing a more "uniform" uniform very early into this preseason. The flywire collars are a little jolting. But I do like the NFL shield MUCH better than the Equipment NFL tags, that you needed a microscope to clearly see.

Steelers numerals are much tighter (closer together) than in recent years and the NOB's are a thinner font as well. The back numbers on some teams look slightly larger but not as large as they looked on the original prototypes unveiled this past April.

Also, though they are only replacements, ALL officials are rocking the long black slacks as opposed to the traditional white knickers. Black for ALL games, perhaps?

timmyb

Back to top Go down

some Football Giants observations (in nike-wear) Empty Re: some Football Giants observations (in nike-wear)

Post  Bill Schaefer Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:12 am

The one thing I notice is that the colors of the 'dark jerseys' seem a little less vibrant, almost faded. Maybe they just seem that way.

To echo what Tim added, I just hope they fix the Colts' sleeve stripes so that they're more than about 3 inches long!
Bill Schaefer
Bill Schaefer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down